Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some VIP tickets and they pull this garbage? Worst game I have been to.

I got to meet Adam Silver and sat court side. Still, worst game ever. :smh:

Got some VIP tickets and they pull this garbage? Worst game I have been to.

I got to meet Adam Silver and sat court side. Still, worst game ever. :smh:
Sorry to hear that. Apparently Wall was scratched in the eye during the 3rd quarter and could barely see. Hopefully that isn't an issue tonight.

We gotta stop settling for these midrange jumpers. You saw all the bricks during the game but seeing the shot chart afterwards makes it even worse. And...of course... Free throws........

The sad thing is this series was actually winnable.

Leonsis can't possibly look at this **** and think Wittman is the answer. Just look at dude on the sidelines, he looks like he's crapping his pants in the 4th quarter. Reminds me of Shaq's quote about SVG panicking early in his career

We just don't have what it takes to close teams out, 19 point lead and you blow it to a team that struggles to score

Zero closers on this roster, it's clear

post-29234-Patriots-93-Tommy-Kelly-sad-gi-BMny.gif

Just got back home from the game. Can't believe we let that big lead go by so fast.

Wall and Beal didn't play at the level they are supposed to.... it was a combined effort of the Gooden, Harrington, Miller, and the like that kept them in it.

Look on the bright side...the East is bad enough to remain a perennial playoff team for the forseeable future

I can't wait to hear what Wall has to say after the series is over. Dude openly **** his pants on the court all series

Hopefully he admits his mistakes and gets better. If he learns from this and Beal continues on his trajectory, this team can do big things in the future.

Last edited:
It's sad but i think we were all waiting for us be become the wizards of the regular season. Come out strong...get a lead...completely tank in the 3rd quarter....not run one single offensive set in the 4th and hope we can hold on with our defense. Basically that was us in the regular season...and that was us last night. Our offense is embarrassing at times, it appears like we honestly have no clue what we are doing out there. :smh:

Yall are 100% right...this was a winnable series. Looking like it's gonna be over on Tuesday, but I'm not mad at all at how the season turned out. It's been a hell of a ride and the future is bright.

I am curios to see how they, esp. Wall, responds in an elimination game. Call me crazy but I'm not mailing it in just yet... But I am highly disappointed in last night's loss

Yall are 100% right...this was a winnable series. Looking like it's gonna be over on Tuesday, but I'm not mad at all at how the season turned out. It's been a hell of a ride and the future is bright.
It's not bright just yet.

If Grunfeld/Wittman are brought back and they overpay everyone, we're back to the cycle of mediocrity.

It's not bright just yet.

If Grunfeld/Wittman are brought back and they overpay everyone, we're back to the cycle of mediocrity.

Ernie Grunfeld Reportedly Signed 3-Year Extension in 2012

So there's that.

As far as Wittman, I think he'll be retained as well. I'm guessing something like a 3 year extension. Like I said before, no matter what happens going forward, he'll be a hot coaching commodity in the league. I know we all have differing opinions of him, but he's going to be back. Players love the guy, and I don't think the FO despises him like what we saw in GS w/ Mark Jackson.

Our future is extremely bright. These lumps the young guys are taking are all part of the growing process. As much as I'd like for things to be different in this series, it's good that John Wall is facing this kind of adversity. He'll now know what he needs to work on this offseason and going forward. I'm not upset at all with how things are turning out. Regardless of what happens, this was a fantastic year where the team exceeded expectations.

The bigger questions are what happens with the logjam at SF and other roster moves.

Phyric victory if I have ever seen one.

Winning a playoff series means you have keep Grunfeild and Whitman, Wiz can't catch a break. :lol:

Last edited:
Ariza probably already has his bags packed. I don't see any scenario where he returns. He's going to get paid and he wants to go back out West.

Ariza probably already has his bags packed. I don't see any scenario where he returns. He's going to get paid and he wants to go back out West.

Agreed. I think he's gone, and that's fine with me. We got the most out of that trade w/ the Hornets and now it's time for Otto to put in work and earn his minutes next year.

What do you think the roster will look like next year?

Two things I'm hoping for is that Ernie tries EVERYTHING to move Nene and if Gortat is brought back, the team doesn't overpay.

John Wall looked like a mouse on the last play there of game 5. Good experience for him but still needs a few more years under his belt before he becomes a clutch player in the playoffs. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom