Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling pretty confident about tomorrow night.  It seems like John Wall has found his mojo and knows he has to attack.

Terrible half. We gonna need one hell of a halftime adjustment to win this game, Pacers defense is locked in and the Wizards can't stop a thing

Good season guys, my expectations were blown completely out of the water by this playoff run so I'm not even hurt by this. We've got the makings of a top 4 team in the east for several years to come as long as we keep the core together.

Resign Gortat, DON'T splurge on Ariza and try to find a trade for Webster please

Salute to y'all and your team. Good season for the Wizards and what will hopefully be a stepping stone to becoming a formidable squad.

I **** with John, Real Deal and Otto so I wish them the best.
pimp.gif

Good season guys, my expectations were blown completely out of the water by this playoff run so I'm not even hurt by this. We've got the makings of a top 4 team in the east for several years to come as long as we keep the core together.

Resign Gortat, DON'T splurge on Ariza and try to find a trade for Webster please
Let Ariza go 6 points tonight? We stuck with Webster.... Need to trade Nene. For some reason he did not think West could shoot 

Great season!! :pimp:

This is a team that started last season with a 5-28 record, a year later we were 2 wins away from ECF.

Wall has now been through everything in his career and knows what he needs to do to improve. Beal is a young beast who still has a 12-15+ year career ahead of him. This is the first offseason in a while where I can say the future is bright :pimp:

Bright future ahead for you guys. I know I talked **** before the season started but this Wizards team is a completely different one then in recent years past. Wall has slowed his game down as well and doesn't go 1 on 5 to the basket every time like he did at times in high school and college.

I read Meth's opening essay when the season began. I thought it was awesome and it inspired me to write one up for the Kings. I hadn't been in here since but I just wanna say y'all had an awesome season, it was very entertaining and I hope y'all continue to build from here going forward!

Hoping for a meth season in review...

We all saw the #dcRising motto during the playoffs. There isn't a slogan more fitting for this team. We're on the upswing. EVERY guy on this roster from John Wall to Glen Rice Jr. are easy to pull for. I couldn't be prouder of this squad. They COMPLETELY exceeded my expectations.

As much as that loss hurt, I think we all knew that it was going to happen at some point. Seeing the pain on both Wall and BEal's face at the end of the game told the story. Those guys wanted it BAD. I'm glad they took their lumps because you know both of them will be going hard in the gym this summer.

Oh well, here's to the offseason. And for once, we don't have to pay any attention to the lottery. :lol: :pimp:

Good season fellas, we'll build upon this and get back here and more.

I hope Martell leaves instead of Ariza. Only one can stay (ideally, so Otto can get some PT), and I believe that Trevor's shooting stroke is not just a contract year thing. As long as we don't over pay him (PLEASE DON'T DO IT ERNIE!), Ariza should remain with the team.

Beal has to get better shooting off the dribble and improving his handles, which will allow him to attack the paint more. If Beal can achieve close to 20-5-5 next year I'll be happy.

John has to continue to work on his jumper and be more assertive and look for his shot more. Of course he can pass it, but if he makes the defense think "will he take it himself?" that opens up the floor for everyone else. He also needs to cut down on the turnovers per game to below 3, which he's never done his career. 

As for Gortat, personally I would let him walk, or perhaps a sign-and-trade deal so we can get something for him. He's good, but I feel as if his production can be duplicated or atleast closely matched by someone younger and cheaper.

All in all, I'm optimistic about our future, especially if we get ready to sign KD in 2016 
happy.gif

Them feels, bruh...

bealgortat.0_standard_709.0.jpg

J. Michael ‏@JMichaelCSN

Satoransky is playing with the summer league team in July that plays in Vegas #WizardsTalk #NBA

Retweet
Favorite

If I'm not mistaken, Sato has been playing VERY well over in Europe.

1) Don't overpay for Ariza/Gortat. Let them walk before overpaying.

2) Otto Porter. Otto Porter. Otto Porter.

Wiz have to keep Gortat....They should only re sign Ariza at the teams price, which i doubt is going to happen since somebody probly will over pay him

Otto needs to get more PT. In the limited action he did get, he hustled, got rebounds, and knocked down some shots. He looked the part he was projected to be on this squad - a solid role player.

Good season though this was a winnable series. Probably would have got swept by the Heat. But the experience gained from playing the defending champs would have been extremely valuable to Wall and Beal at this stage of their career.

Would like to see major changes in the offensive philosophy. More ball movement, less reliance on mid range jumpers.

Last edited:
Just wanted to stop in and say great season guys. Proud that we were one of the final 6. Keep Gortat please...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom