Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the beginning of the season nobody really expected much from the Wizards, so for them to have such a great season says a lot about the team.

jking0821 jking0821 you in Butchers Hill? I'm right down the street in Canton :nerd:

Anyways, great season. If you are choosing between keeping Gortat or Ariza, it has to be Gortat. He can be a little hot and cold sometimes, but skilled big men are hard to come by. Ariza had a very good year, but I don't think it'll be worth giving him the money that he'll want. I'd rather get a few stop-gap guys over the next couple years and maintain cap flexibility. While there isn't a great history of big time FAs going to the Wiz, I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility with the good young backcourt already intact...

I also think Whitman needs to go, but it probably won't happen. The team was not winning because of his coaching, they were winning because of their talent/heart.

We had a great season! We'll get em next year
glasses.gif

Man Ariza and Gortat leaving, knowing ernie, outta all of this success only bad that comes is we are keeping ernie

I was never for getting rid of Wittman, continuity is good for us, having a different coach every other year is pretty bad

jking0821 jking0821 you in Butchers Hill? I'm right down the street in Canton :nerd:

Anyways, great season. If you are choosing between keeping Gortat or Ariza, it has to be Gortat. He can be a little hot and cold sometimes, but skilled big men are hard to come by. Ariza had a very good year, but I don't think it'll be worth giving him the money that he'll want. I'd rather get a few stop-gap guys over the next couple years and maintain cap flexibility. While there isn't a great history of big time FAs going to the Wiz, I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility with the good young backcourt already intact...

Yeah man right outside of fells. Its funny during the games i went out twice...tvs had on hockey games and baseball. No offense to the orioles but its regular season baseball vs playoff basketball just put the wiz on every TV.

I agree we need gortat. Ariza walks and porter fills. Gotat walks and......Saraphin? Booker? the drop off is way worse if gortat rolls. But you guys are right its funny this is the first time in forever that i didn't even know when the draft lottery was. Normally i am counting down the days. But this is a very deep draft would be nice to get a contributer out of our first round pick.

Yeah man right outside of fells. Its funny during the games i went out twice...tvs had on hockey games and baseball. No offense to the orioles but its regular season baseball vs playoff basketball just put the wiz on every TV.

I agree we need gortat. Ariza walks and porter fills. Gotat walks and......Saraphin? Booker? the drop off is way worse if gortat rolls. But you guys are right its funny this is the first time in forever that i didn't even know when the draft lottery was. Normally i am counting down the days. But this is a very deep draft would be nice to get a contributer out of our first round pick.

We don't have 1st round pick due to getting Gortat. If we were to draft, it would have been #18. Good trade off, IMO.

Anyways, with the dust settling, I can see this team actively trying to move Martell Webster and re-signing Ariza. No matter what, Otto will be one of the first guys off the bench next year.

Agree with what the article says, but there is about zero chance that they could keep Ariza/Gortat and acquire Love. I just don't see what assets the team has (and would be willing to give up) that would woo the TWolves into a trade..

Yeah that's not happening. And I promise you regardless of Wall/Beal most players still don't want to come to D.C :lol: At least not right now....

I think the smart thing to would be to resign Gortat and let Ariza walk. With small free agent signings like Miller, Gooden to fill in the holes.

Wall is going to get better, Beal is going to get a lot better, Otto will hopefully be able to contribute. Let the young guys be the reason the team gets better. If the team keeps growing because of our young core and the front office is smart with the cap who knows, maybe we'll be able to lure a big time guy to help Wall and Beal in two or three years.

Don't need to shoot for the stars next season imo. Be patient and let things play out.

Last edited:
Wizards just need to go all in. As the current roster is constructed, our ceiling is about where we were this year. There needs to be a MAJOR change either via trade or signing a FA. I think people are selling DC short. Obviously, it's going to take a player wanting to come here, but at some point we will reverse our fortunes. Like I said, I'm all for doing whatever it takes to bring in either Love or Bosh. I don't think it's as much of a pipe dream as you may think.

That's what I'm saying tho, I'm ok with our ceiling being where we were this year :lol: Honestly our ceiling this year was the conference finals, we just can't win at home for whatever reason :smh:

I just don't see any available players that we could this year, who would turn us into a perennial contender for the next 5+ years.

That's what I'm saying tho, I'm ok with our ceiling being where we were this year :lol: Honestly our ceiling this year was the conference finals, we just can't win at home for whatever reason :smh:

I just don't see any available players that we could this year, who would turn us into a perennial contender for the next 5+ years.

That's exactly why the article is saying that now is the time to make a big splash. You get Love or Bosh, the balance of the East may change. Especially with Beal and Wall in the backcourt. We can't keep things status-quo and make minimal changes to the roster.

I feel you, I just don't think a Bosh or Love (and especially Melo) would make us contenders.

And we'd likely be stuck with them for 3+ years

Last edited:
I feel you, I just don't think a Bosh or Love (and especially Melo) would make us contenders.

And we'd likely be stuck with them for 3+ years

I think the addition of either guy would put us in the discussion for coming out of the East for the next couple of years. That would be a hell of a core.

Signing Bosh or Love would likely eradicate whatever chance there is of KD coming here too :lol: That's part of the reason I feel this way.

Signing Bosh or Love would likely eradicate whatever chance there is of KD coming here too :lol: That's part of the reason I feel this way.

I thought i was the only crazy person to feel this way...

How realistically do you guys think it will be to make a push for KD in 2016? Assuming we dont splurge on any one FA in the meantime?

I think alot of it hinges on him NOT winning a chip in OKC. Hate to say it, but i was rooting for Memphis hard last round, and will be rooting for the SPURS, all in the twisted hope that OKC losing will cause KD to consider going home once his contract up.

Please tell me I'm not the only lunatic thinking this way....

Would be a nice story and I can already see him in a Wizards uni but probably won't happen. I see him being loyal to OKC but who knows. I support KD no matter who he plays for and it would be a lot of pressure to come home and lead this team to a championship. Dont even want to think about how the area would treat him if he didn't get it done here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom