Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Booker is the ONLY one on the team that leaves it all on the floor night in and night out.

And I think Chris Paul took Wall's "Best Point Guard in the league" statement a lil personal 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Other than Ariza, the d league or free agants is the only way to shake up the bench..no team wants anybody else from the current bench
laugh.gif
The bench just too weak. Eric was never gonna be a good back up for Wall. I seriously wanted us to get Mo williams.

I think this summer we try to get Jameer nelson or Jimmer.

BTW, Caron come back bruh

Last edited:
We shouldn't have been laughing at Anthony Bennett, Porter looks just as bad.

Lol John shoulda never said that best point guard in the league, i want him to stay hungry even tho hes good now

And Booker does compete cause he hustles but his skill set is lacking, and most of these bigs we have are already at their ceiling and yet we still label them "project players"

We shouldn't have been laughing at Anthony Bennett, Porter looks just as bad.
He missed basically all of summer league and training camp and he has all of 3 games under his belt now. He also can run up and down the floor multiple times without breathing like he just did a 5K.

Relax.

Last edited:
Lol John shoulda never said that best point guard in the league, i want him to stay hungry even tho hes good now

And Booker does compete cause he hustles but his skill set is lacking, and most of these bigs we have are already at their ceiling and yet we still label them "project players"

This

I said it before i love trevor's enthusiasm and hustle but the talent is lacking. He has games where he looks fantastic...but they are rare. But i want him to stay on the roster always good to have that energy on the team.

Some Wizards notes:

Bradley Beal could return from injured leg vs. Knicks

Wizards getting new Caps-like practice facility away from the Verizon Center

Marcin Gortat isn't happy about his role on offense

Death by mid-range jumper: Who is starving themselves by feasting on long twos?

Marcin Gortat [emoji]10004[/emoji] @MGortat
Follow

Thats BS .... People trying create drama within our team! I know my role and im not frustraded!!!
10:10 AM - 16 Dec 2013

So there's that....

Beal back tonight would be HUGE.

#wizardstape > #knickstape

Beal back like he never ever left, dude is so crucial to this team

Man that chemistry between him and wall is on point i cant wait till he reaches his ceiling

Edit: hopefully the wiz didnt rush beal back from his stress fracture that can destroy this season if he aggravates it

Last edited:

Beals Game winner for anyone who missed it....Beal is a assassin and Martell with 30 points
pimp.gif
 good win boys 

Beal back like he never ever left, dude is so crucial to this team

Man that chemistry between him and wall is on point i cant wait till he reaches his ceiling

Edit: hopefully the wiz didnt rush beal back from his stress fracture that can destroy this season if he aggravates it

Absolutely. He's a perfect complement to Wall, and is crucial for floor spacing. So great to see him out there.
And yeah, you never know with the Wizards when it comes to injuries. Certainly something to keep an eye on.

Aside from Wittman being a dunce, I still don't understand why they aren't playing more uptempo. They're currently 20th in the league in pace. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Just like we said in this thread....end of game....who is going to take the final shot(s) down the stretch....Wall wasn't doing it....Ariza wasn't doing it.....Beal :pimp: :pimp: thank god he is back. He is exactly what we need. Surprised he shot so well his first game back and Martell out there earning that money :nthat:

Great win last night. That is the game we normally lose. Get down late and can't find a bucket with a last possession.

Chris Herring [emoji]10004[/emoji] @HerringWSJ
Follow

Beal said he decided reject a screen & go 1-on-1 when he saw no help defense coming from baseline: "There was absolutely nobody there."

:pimp:

Real ******g Deal, Beal. :pimp:

That awareness.....

I was beyond thrilled to see Wall not get an ISO. Also, Wittman deserves a little bit of credit. Went with Ves/Temple LATE in the game and that decision really helped.

Great win...Wed should be a good matchup. BK is rolling.

Once I saw udrih guarding beal, I knew it was a wrap. Woodson shouldve known better.

Also Wittman deserves credit for DNP'ing Maynor and not even giving that **** stain a chance to ruin the game

Temple isn't a natural point guard, but he's doing a decent job. At least Wittman can play him for more than 5 minutes without clamoring to put Wall back in

Beal did a little bit of primary ballhandling too. He still needs to get his handles up and learn how to run p&r better, but that was a good sign. I've seen Golden State run p&r at the top of the arc with Curry+Thompson, and it's basically unstoppable because they're both distance shooters. Eventually we can try that with Beal on the ball and Webster/Ariza setting the pick, it would create a lot of mismatches and open looks.

Last edited:
Kind of an ugly win, nobody played remarkably well for the entire game but we gutted it out.

The bench was huge today, 7 guys in double figures. And once again, Temple is so much more competent as backup PG than Maynor

Last edited:

Do we get two All Stars in this season?

Wall's a lock. Beal making a case.
All Star starters are about marketing.

All Star reserves are about politics. 

Often times, coaches vote for All Stars like they're sending delegates from winning teams.  Jameer Nelson?  Zydrunas Ilgauskas?  B.J. Armstrong?  

Detroit, the "team with no stars", is on pace to win 70 games?  Name four of their guys to the All Star Team.

Cleveland/Orlando is leading the East?  They can't just have ONE All Star.  They deserve at least two!  

It's become a game of "representation."  By that measure, our record doesn't warrant two All Stars.  Wall will get in.  Beal won't - unless he's added in as a replacement.

It's a 12 man team.  Miami gets 3.  Indiana gets 3.  Cleveland gets one voted in.  That leaves five players for the remaining six playoff teams. 

Let's be real, Kyrie Irving doesn't deserve it this year.  He's shooting, what, 35% and his team has won 9 games?  He should be paying Pepsi instead of the other way around. 

It is what it is.  Fans will vote based on who gets the most airtime.  Coaches will bow to the league's agenda.  Assuming Charlotte sticks around in the middle of the pack, Kemba Walker's more likely to play in the All Star game than Beal, but ask every single coach which of the two they'd rather have on their rosters. 

Politics as usual.

I agree I don't see a snowballs chance in hell both Beal and Wall make it even though they are deserving

Good win last night, I still freak out at every game we play coming down to the last minute but if we're finally healthy they can close games a lot better.

I nearly broke my tv last night when John Wall seemingly ran into that halfcourt trap on purpose then turned the ball over :smh:, he REALLY needs to get those turnovers under control

I knew we'd have another close one, but despite the score, I felt like the Wizards were in control for the whole game.

I'm really happy with the contributions from Booker. He's really stepped it up in his last 5 games.

When this team takes the court, I not only EXPECT them to be competitive, but I also EXPECT them to win. This team is a lot of fun to watch.

Wittman does deserve some praise. He's doing a nice job with the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom