Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

All Star starters are about marketing.

All Star reserves are about politics. 

Often times, coaches vote for All Stars like they're sending delegates from winning teams.  Jameer Nelson?  Zydrunas Ilgauskas?  B.J. Armstrong?  

Detroit, the "team with no stars", is on pace to win 70 games?  Name four of their guys to the All Star Team.

Cleveland/Orlando is leading the East?  They can't just have ONE All Star.  They deserve at least two!  

It's become a game of "representation."  By that measure, our record doesn't warrant two All Stars.  Wall will get in.  Beal won't - unless he's added in as a replacement.

It's a 12 man team.  Miami gets 3.  Indiana gets 3.  Cleveland gets one voted in.  That leaves five players for the remaining six playoff teams. 

Let's be real, Kyrie Irving doesn't deserve it this year.  He's shooting, what, 35% and his team has won 9 games?  He should be paying Pepsi instead of the other way around. 

It is what it is.  Fans will vote based on who gets the most airtime.  Coaches will bow to the league's agenda.  Assuming Charlotte sticks around in the middle of the pack, Kemba Walker's more likely to play in the All Star game than Beal, but ask every single coach which of the two they'd rather have on their rosters. 

Politics as usual.
Yeah the politics that come with the coaches picks never really discussed much. I've been looking at alot of different predictions and Chris Bosh was on every single list. 

I'm sure the coaches are going to select him as a reserve. 
mean.gif

It annoyed me when the Pistons had 4 players selected and they all were averaging like 12 points. I get the whole "rewarding good teams" approach but a line needs to be drawn somewhere. 

Only guard I'll accept being selected over Beal is Afflalo. 

Last edited:
I love Beal, but he doesn't deserve ASG if he can't stay on the damn court.

The perception of his short career so far is that he is injury prone, and it's hard to really argue that.

Last edited:
Great comeback to win.. finished with something like a 22-5 run

This was the type of game I expected us to lose. Afternoon game, on the road, against a young energetic team. But our benched stepped up bigtime once again.

Otto showing signs of life, he made a nice cut for a reverse layup in the 4th q. Ariza must be resigned at all costs.

Bench had 37 points right? Finally!! I appreciate Wall's effort on D. That steal and block on Crawford at the end... it led to a 3 on the loose ball, but still great effort.

Great come back win after a dismal first quarter. Wiz have turned into a decent road team.

I'm about to check out these Phoenix Suns tonight against the Mavs. It's no Verizon Center but it will do until the Wiz come next month.

Three in a row against teams the Wiz will be jockeying for playoff spots against.

I love this team. So fun to watch. They are actually figuring out how to win games, which is something we haven't seen in a LONG time. No, he's not Pop, but Wittman is coaching his *** off. Those players really love the guy and are playing hard for him.

Ariza is going to trick someone into overpaying for him this summer (again) and I just hope it isn't us.

He's having his best season as a pro. He's actually playing better than his first year in Houston when he had a green light 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Hope the Wiz enjoyed this break and the rest helped some of the injured guys. Tough matchup tonight but they beat Minnesota earlier in the year. Should be a good one.

WHY [/SIZE=5]was Beal still in the game?!?!?!?!?!?!?! So pissed right now :smh: Dude was carried all the way to the lockerroom :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

[quote name="AgentZero" url="/t/573457/washington-wizards-2013-2014-season-thread-next-game-friday-8-00-vs-wolves/480#post_19420206]
Did you see the play where he got hurt? Just saw the replay of him being carried off and it looks bad.
[/quote]

Yeah, did look bad :smh:

X-rays came back negative, MRI tommorow
0009.gif

I missed the game because of travel, just heard about the Beal injury. I really hope it's nothing serious.

Hate to say it, but Beal's injury history so far is giving me the Eric Gordon vibe.. :smh:

Last edited:
Do the Wizards have a first round pick for 2014 ? I'd like to see them get Sam Dekker or Adrian Payne

Do the Wizards have a first round pick for 2014 ? I'd like to see them get Sam Dekker or Adrian Payne
At this rate, probably (traded 2014 first to PHX, but it's top-10 protected)

Either way, under Ernie Grunfeld, the chances of Washington making a good draft pick are slim to none

Beal is warming up and going through shoot around for tonights game against the Pistons.

Close call.....

Wiz can't afford to have a major injury to Wall, Beal or Porter. Need these guys to say healthy and gel together.

Bradley Beal's knee damn near explodes.  Starts next game.

Nene suffered a bruised toenail two weeks ago.  Limited minutes. 

The squad is rolling right now against the Pistons and Beal looks healthy. I like that Nene is coming off the bench now, gives the second unit some offense. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom