Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems confident now. Hope he can keep it up. Still think he's going to turn out to be a good pick up.

Last edited:
Wall with the dagger!! Lookin like Steph Curry :pimp:

Last edited:
Man.. that win was so rewarding. :pimp:

For a while it looked like we were gonna get blown out, but our bench actually came through and fought to get us back in it.

Wall looked like a superstar point guard (which is starting to become a normal occurrence). Porter actually looked really good. He locked up his man on defense, and hit a couple shots with the bench group to keep our run going.

Next game is Mavericks at home. They clearly outclassed us in the first matchup, but they're catching us at the wrong time.

lot of fight in this team, we had no business winning but we came back strong in the 4th quarter, Wall hopefully will be an All Star lock

That was a joy to watch. I'm glad I didn't turn it off after they got it back up to 12 after cutting it to 4 in the 3rd. Any other year post Gil/Tawn/Caron, I would have said screw this, we suck. But that was great. Temple's D on Jennings. Ariza's steal on the attempted lob on the fastbreak. Otto with the big jumper. Wall taking over. Everyone did something helpful. I gotta go to a home game once I'm healthy enough.

I hope we finally got over the hump that is the pistons, didnt know that in this season we would not just win against them but blow em out and then beat em again in a home and away

Kinda proud of how this team is this season cant wait to see our record at the all star break

Edit: if we end up with one of the top 4 seeds in the east and a positive record i will be pleasantly surprised

Last edited:
Love how Wittman is leading the team. Great coaching on his part from sitting nene, starting booker, and slowly incorporating porter. Only bad move he made was playing beal 40 minutes a night til he got injured.

The Mavs are better than the Wizards.

I wouldn't count this as a bad loss.

If they're crappy then we're crappier.

I saw them play a couple weeks back against Phoenix and they looked terrible. If the Wiz are trying to make moves and create separation from the teams making the playoffs by default....they need to win games like this.

The Suns are scraping everybody right now. They dubbed the Clippers a few days ago.

They're currently 8th out West.

They'd be a 3 seed in our conference.

Last edited:
i was at the game last night and a couple of things came to mind:

Our Paint defense was ATROCIOUS. It would've been nice to let Vesely get some minutes and help Nene and Gortat out a bit... I dont recall seeing Jan play at ALL.

Bradley Beal needs to be involved in the offense a lot MORE for us to WIN consistently. He was AWOL in the first half and only scored 10 pts. I'd love to see more plays drawn up for him as he is quickly emerging as our second star (if not already).

Our guard's defensive play needs to improve. Montae Ellis was having his way out there last night and he was the x-factor IMO as the Mavs pulled away.

Overall we should have won that game, and it feels good seeing the dramatic improvement and resilience this team is showing. Hopefully towards the end of the season, these types of games are turning into W's.

Our shooting was beyond atrocious in the entire game, way too much reliance on jumpers and 3's. Hope they snap out of it next game, Wall should be living at the free throw line not chucking up jumpers that he NEVER follows through on, it annoys me to no end that he rarely ever shoots a mechanically sound jumper unless he's wide open for a 3

we gotta get over .500 at some point right?

I feel we will be over 500 but we werent getting that win against the mavs they are too good

Edit: just look at the upcoming games and we def arent passing 500 this month but if we can remain close to 500 we will be good

Upcoming Games, Vs Tor, Vs GSW, @CHA, @NOP, @IND, Vs HOU

Last edited:
If the Wiz knock down any open shots, they win that game. The Mavs didn't even play particularly well. A young Wizards team should be able to outrun and outwork an old Mavs team. This was also a home game.

This isn't the same Dallas team from 2006 or 2011.

If the Wizards truly want to be taken seriously and make strides to that next level....they should win games like this.

It's surprising to me that Wittman is getting props for doing things any competent head coach would do. He does dumb things in basically every game. John Wall is a guy with a history of stress injuries and a massive contract. Yet he's out there playing an entire second half in early January.

^In all fairness, it's not Wittman's fault that the bench sucks.. Maynor is a scrub being 2mil to sit on the bench, and Temple is alright but can't be counted on consistently.

There are nights where Wall is the only one out there who gives us a chance to win. As a coach, what are you gonna do?

Steph Curry is actually averaging the same playing time as Wall (37mpg). Even with Golden State being as good as they are, there are games where Mark Jackson has to play Curry 40+ minutes to come out with a W. It happens.. as a coach you can't be worrying about that stuff too much during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom