Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^I thought that's what they were doing, red lower level, white for middle & blue up top. I thought I saw a few tweets saying that.

either way I'm going to game 4 on Sunday and they have rally towels instead :stoneface: :smh: ..oh well will still grab a shirt anyway :lol:

I can't deal with these dudes in the Bulls thread, don't even bother going in there DT :smh:
:lol: It's crazy how cocky some fans are.. now I honestly hope we wrap this up in 5 so the media can stop hyping up that dry *** team.

Short Wall interview/special:

Last edited:
Wish I could go to the home game
frown.gif

SMH at these non calls... especially that Augustin arm hook and Boozer basket interference. That's 4 points for free.

Having Joey Crawford as a ref is never good for the Wizards 

Went to a game earlier this year where he threw out either Booker or Ariza versus the Raptors for nothing 
mean.gif

lets sweep these dudes at home!!!!

missed free throws and terrible officiating couldnt stop us from winning!

I thought Chicago was the best possible match up for us, but I did not think we could beat them in a 7 game series, and I DEFINITELY did not think we could go up 2-0 in Chicago. HUGE props to the team.

And huge props to Wittman.

Have to give him credit too :lol:

Last edited:
Couldn't have a worse officiated game than that and we still won somehow. What an effort in the fourth quarter to turn that game around, the regular season Wizards would have given up when they had a 10 point lead but they stepped it up huge and shut the Bulls down

Can't wait for Friday night

Great gutsy win there fellas. Nice move putting Booker in the closing minutes for Gortat since he was getting bullied by Gibson.

Been battling some health issues these past two months, but I've still been following the thread and all the commentary from you guys.

It's nice to see the Wiz get national exposure and a lot more folks supporting the team. Feels good to pull out the W and have the team take my mind off things.

Have a good night everyone, been a long time and the District deserves this.

WOOO!! :pimp:

Man my emotions were so up and down in that game. I was ready to break something after all those bs calls by the refs

This is a HUGE win for our young guys and their confidence, we went in on the road with the other team getting homecooking and took a 2-0 lead

Too happy right now. Even after all the crap calls and non calls... and missed free throws by Nene, Wall, and Miller... Wiz still won. Feels GREAT.

It's amazing how people who've never watched the Wizards play this year (e.g. Steve Kerr) are now saying "this team is coming of age right before our eyes."  

Part of me wants to claim that these two wins were both games that the Wizards would've lost a few months ago.  However, this severely shorthanded Chicago team expends SO much energy on both ends of the floor that I can't attribute the Wizards' comeback performances to resilience and rapid maturation.  Against a different team, we probably blow both of those games.  

I love the outcome, of course, but the hidden danger here is that it causes us to stay the course with Randy Wittman.  For Chicago to be in position to win both of these games - let alone to have the homecourt advantage against us and in the playoffs to begin with - is testament to Thibs.  We're being out-coached and out-hustled.  The talent differential here is so vast that, over the course of 48 minutes (or more), we're just wearing them down by sheer attrition right now.  

Some of these plays down the stretch belie the "coming of age" narrative:  the turnovers, the careless passes, the way they tried to kill the clock up six in OT without even attempting to get a good look...  yes, we came away with the win - but Chicago didn't lose the game because of stupid mistakes.  We nearly did.  

It's great to be up 2-0, but I wonder how much better this team could be with a top tier coaching staff and I fear that, knowing Ted, a series win here could cost us that opportunity.

^I saw a tweet saying that if Wittman proves himself well in the playoffs, his name could potentially be tossed around for the head coaching vacancies this offseason. The best possible scenario right now is Washington making an ECF run and some team hiring Wittman from us :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
I almost lost it when they called that foul with 2.6 left on Kirk. There was nothing there. And the Wall push off.....please that should never be called when a player flops on the ground like that.

It was dope to see Beal show some emotion. That boy is normally quiet and reserved...but the pound on the chest after that 3 point play looking right at jimmy butler had me gassed. :nthat:

What a great win. Nerve racking to say the least, but great fight to come back down ten in the fourth. Could have easily folded and settled for a split.

And yeah, no question Wittman lowers the ceiling of this team - especially offensively. There were instances in the screen and roll set where they were actually bringing Noah into it. No clue what the thought process behind that was.

Just gonna have to take the good with the bad. I have little doubt Wittman will be back should they not blow this and get to the second round, but nothing can stop me from enjoying this run.

What a great win. Nerve racking to say the least, but great fight to come back down ten in the fourth. Could have easily folded and settled for a split.

And yeah, no question Wittman lowers the ceiling of this team - especially offensively. There were instances in the screen and roll set where they were actually bringing Noah into it. No clue what the thought process behind that was.

Just gonna have to take the good with the bad. I have little doubt Wittman will be back should they not blow this and get to the second round, but nothing can stop me from enjoying this run.

Took the words out of my mouth. I'm enjoying the hell out of this. In Wittman's defense, he's going up against one of the best tacticians in the NBA. So far, so good. Like the players proving themselves, Randy has to do the same thing. As of now, he hasn't done much of anything to draw my ire with his rotations and other coaching decisions. Could this team use an upgrade at the coaching spot at some point? Probably. However, with the players giving him 100% support, I'm just going to remain optimistic that Randy can develop and take his "game" up a notch in the postseason...I would love for him to build off of success as much as this team should.

As far as last night, I am BEYOND pissed at the officiating. It was flat out inexcusable. Ticky-tack fouls on the wizards, refs swallowing their whistles in Chicago's favor, and turning a blind eye to basket interference amongst other things. I'm hopeful that when the games come to DC, things will even out.

Let's hit those FTs and win game 3!

*DT - love the new avy :pimp:

Not even dwelling on the Wittman stuff, care more about the results. We won, enjoy it. I'll worry about next season when we're eliminated

I"m happy as HELL about the win but I'm mad we had to come back from a 10 point deficit (after being up 17 no less) and scrape hard for the win. It was good to see the WIZ fight for the win, battling the refs, POOR free throw shooting (to say it mildly), and HORRIBLE shot selection in the 3rd and 4th quarters. This kind of play will get us DESTROYED (maybe even swept) against better teams (think Miami and Indy). I was a little dumbfounded at how little minutes the rest of our bench got. Outside of Andre Miller and Martell Webster, the bench got ZERO love. Harrington, Temple, Otto, Seraphin,and Drew Gooden got prolly 5 mins COMBINED. This can't bode well for us should we make the second round, SMH. Call me a pessimist, but Wittman will be the reason we don't get farther in the playoffs than we are capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom