Washington Wizards Season Thread - Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here

Should the Washington Wizards trade Bradley Beal?

• Total voters
I will plead complete ignorance to the salary cap ramifications but if it were possible to keep KP it would have been nice. I had 0 faith in him when we first got him, but when healthy dude is a solid number 2 option. I also see second round picks in the NBA as basically 6ths rounders in the NFL. They are almost worthless and the odds of them turning into something more then a role player are slim to none.

The rest of the league is legit laughing at us

This suns blog post parrots what Meth was saying bout the Beal trade. That it makes 0 logical sense on why the wiz did what they did.

Same thought they were gonna go full tank.

The way the draft lottery works now, there's no real advantage to going 9-73. As long as you're in the bottom three, you have the same 14% chance at a #1 overall pick. How many teams now have less talent than Washington - with or without Kuzma? This is still very much a lottery team.

$100 million over four years sounds like a lot - and it is - but it looks downright sensible compared to Jerami Grant's 5 year/$160 million contract or Fred Van Vleet's max deal. Unless Kuzma gets hurt or regresses, this is a moveable contract. Re-signing him allows the team to get more value in a future trade than anything they could've scrounged up this summer as part of a sign and trade deal - assuming Washington's new front office is actually interested in anything other than amassing second round picks.

My main issue with this group is that they're not opportunistic. They continually operate from a position of weakness and allow themselves to be taken advantage of. (See the total amateur move of having a team read your hand in the draft, call you up with a ransom demand even though they don't want your guy, and succeed in extracting a pick from you anyway.)

Given what's now happened with Harden and Dame, you've got multiple franchises in desperate need of a starting caliber guard. So why did we rush to trade Beal and Morris for second round picks? You don't think the Sixers, on the verge of losing Harden, would've coughed up a first for Beal now?

When you look at the head start that Utah and Brooklyn got on their rebuilds and compare it to the Wizards, who still owe a future first to New York, it's hard to feel optimistic. Yes, we broke free of the late lottery/play-in quagmire, but how many "process" years will we have to endure before landing the centerpiece to a future contender? Our best chance, at this point, is to hope that Poole and Kuzma thrive as primary options and create the type of return we failed to receive this summer.

Coulibaly

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

I knew the Wiz would be trash this year but boy they are TRASH. Poole absolutely killing any trade value he might’ve had before the season too smh.

On a positive note, some upcoming games are less than $10 to get in. Think I’m gonna try and catch Zion, Thunder, Twolves, etc all for cheap over the next two months.

This dummy Ted is building the arena 6 miles away from the Metro, just to charge folks probably $60+ for parking

Back
Top Bottom