Watchout you non-tippers... you might get banned from a restaurant one day..

Originally Posted by Prince Of Shoes HEAD

And the reason why i'm complaining is because i feel like i deserve more. 
grin.gif

I doubt i would ever want to work anywhere else unless i can get paid $20 plus an hour sitting on my #!%. Serving is Hard and no fun, but once you a server for all this years, i doubt you go back to retail or anything else that only paid hourly! 

I'm not complaining BUT if you give 110% service, i say you deserve a good tip!
YOU CAN CALL ME GREEDY BUT LIVING IN CALI IS EXPENSIVE!!!!

Heck who doesn't feel like they deserve to get paid more? How does that bolster your argument that people should tip reckless? Weak argument, imo.

Waiters sounding like prima donna athletes here
laugh.gif

tipping threads on here are funny.
I understand a lot of the responses because a good number of you werent raised in households that regularly went out to eat, so your not used to norms of society. Its a common hood thing to think tipping is optional. Its the every man for himself mentality.
With that said...if your black, and people assume your going be a headache to deal w/ you dont have much room to complain. Your the reason.

Im black btw.

5thGearidah wrote:
I understand a lot of the responses because a good number of you werent raised in households that regularly went out to eat, so your not used to norms of society. Its a common hood thing to think tipping is optional. Its the every man for himself mentality.
With that said...if your black, and people assume your going be a headache to deal w/ you dont have much room to complain. Your the reason.

Im black btw.

Great explanation.  Most people fail to realize this.

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

Im black btw.
Don't really agree with this.  It's a lowlife thing to think tipping is optional.  It has nothing to do with how much money you make or where you live.  Or your race. 

Im black btw.
I was raised in a household that FREQUENTLY went out to eat, and my dad (who normally paid) is quite a generous tipper. Mostly because he is a vegetarian and will most likely ask for a special meal so he tips accordingly. With that said, I don't tip. Why? Because I don't want to, plain and simple. I am a cheap child, and I don't think I should be giving you EXTRA money for a job that could be done by robots that are currently in operation (no super future technology necessary). Maybe when I feel that I am an adult I will start to tip but right now I want to keep as much money as I can. You're lucky I didn't just dip and let you handle the bill through your next paycheck. However, with that said, I'm an excellent tipper when I'm drunk
laugh.gif

I'm 22, mixed race and I grew up in the suburbs if that matters lol.

Originally Posted by JDocs

Im black btw.
I was raised in a household that FREQUENTLY went out to eat, and my dad (who normally paid) is quite a generous tipper. Mostly because he is a vegetarian and will most likely ask for a special meal so he tips accordingly. With that said, I don't tip. Why? Because I don't want to, plain and simple. I am a cheap child, and I don't think I should be giving you EXTRA money for a job that could be done by robots that are currently in operation (no super future technology necessary). Maybe when I feel that I am an adult I will start to tip but right now I want to keep as much money as I can. You're lucky I didn't just dip and let you handle the bill through your next paycheck. However, with that said, I'm an excellent tipper when I'm drunk
laugh.gif

You are a grown man.  Don't go out to eat where tipping is expected (because they make $2 an hour in a lot of states. I mean, their minimum wages are subsidized on it) if you want to keep as much money as possible. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

Im black btw.
Don't really agree with this.  It's a lowlife thing to think tipping is optional.  It has nothing to do with how much money you make or where you live.  Or your race.  
Aside from the typos, the first part I agree with.  But the part where he says "if you're black and people assume you're going to be a headache...you're the problem"  Really?  I'm the problem just because I'm Black?  Didn't know that.

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

Originally Posted by cguy610

Im black btw.
Aside from the typos, the first part I agree with.  But the part where he says "if you're black and people assume you're going to be a headache...you're the problem"  Really?  I'm the problem just because I'm Black?  Didn't know that.

no, im talking about the clowns who dont tip.
Its about more than them tipping because they are cheap.  It shows how some people have no compassion for others. 

tips in my opinion are reflected by the serice provided. a local restaurant that i frequent is constantly giving me beers, desserts, side salads on the house because i make sure i tip good. like one guy said theyll treat you like a king.

another thing is eating out with a group of people and everyone wants a seperate check, i cant stand that.

Tipping at a restaurant sucks. I wish the company would just pay their damn servers more money so I wouldn't have to pay additional money on top of what I'm spending. I would probably dine in more frequently. But I tip decently nonetheless because what if I was that server? can't do them grimey.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Originally Posted by JDocs

Im black btw.
laugh.gif

You are a grown man.  Don't go out to eat where tipping is expected (because they make $2 an hour in a lot of states. I mean, their minimum wages are subsidized on it) if you want to keep as much money as possible. 
Why is this my problem? Nobody tips me and I have to deal with clients all the time
eyes.gif
..... Why should we, the public, be the ones to pick up the tab (oh man thats a nice pun
smokin.gif
) for what should be dealt with by either their employers or the government. All I'm saying is, if given the choice I will pay as little as legally possible. It should be up to the restaurant to raise their prices and pay their staff accordingly.

Also, why do they get paid so little? It can't be because of commission can it, because retail workers get commission and still get minimum wage.

Originally Posted by rareairheadXIII

tips in my opinion are reflected by the serice provided. a local restaurant that i frequent is constantly giving me beers, desserts, side salads on the house because i make sure i tip good. like one guy said theyll treat you like a king.

another thing is eating out with a group of people and everyone wants a seperate check, i cant stand that.

sick.gif
sick.gif

that is so embarrassing...if anyone did that while I was out with them and I considered them a 'friend'...that would be the last time they'd see me...

yea non tippers dont get service at my job. You work your butt off and get whatever they want and then they dont tip...people dont realize that servers LIVE off of tips...bottom line is if u dont have money to tip, dont sit down and eat...get a to go order ..cuz its just rude...and believe me servers REMEMBER NON-TIPPERS, you will be lucky to get service in atlanta if ur a known non tipper and seriously dude...this is a NIKE website...you can pay 200$ plus for a pair of shoes but u wanna be cheap about leaving 3$ on a tip...forget that..i get a tphone in takeout order of lemon pepper wings often from a local diner and i tip 3$ for my phone in order...psh i get free drinks, extra sides, and sometimes extra wings, i know their names (ashley and kristen) and..they know me now, some of them come to my job..and guess what..THEY TIP!..dont be cheap..u never know u might be where they are one day...smh
grin.gif
eyes.gif

Tripping about people wanting separate checks is taking it too far.

It is NOT unreasonable to ask for a check for only my food, when im paying for ONLY my food. And odds are, the tips will be better for the waiter with separate checks anyway (at least with my group of friends).

Like i said earlier in this thread, im a generous tipper because i know servers work hard. But if i want a separate check, MY check, then im getting it. Im not going to NOT get it to make it easier on the server. Im a separate customer than the rest of my friends, so its not unreasonable to ask for a separate check just because im sitting at the same table with other customers.

As a server, if you're with a party and everyone's got separate checks, just tell them before you even order a drink. Chances are, they'll start a check under your name rather than by a certain table. Splitting checks with today's systems isn't as big of a deal. Those of you on here (that still claim to drive BMWs with 54" rims made of diamonds and wear $400 sneakers with a Rolex to match) who refuse to tip cannot be convinced to do otherwise, and you'll probably start a thread in here in about a month complaining about your awful service at a restaurant. Karma's a !%$+%.

By the way, for you "ballers," a simple Google search turned up this: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/dating-advice/find-out-if-real-3
Good luck with the ladies!

Leave a good tip

I'm a great tipper usually around 20% but more importantly I evaluate my server and put alot of thought into how much I'll be leaving.

How many times did they check on us?
How many times was my drink refilled?
Attitude
How busy is the restaurant on that night?

Great service on a busy night...that'll get you 25% in my book

Originally Posted by copped

Originally Posted by rareairheadXIII

sick.gif
sick.gif

that is so embarrassing...if anyone did that while I was out with them and I considered them a 'friend'...that would be the last time they'd see me...

Where's the logic in that? If people dont have cash or not enough cash, splitting the bill makes it possible for them to use their cards.

Originally Posted by xR A I N M A Nx

Tipping at a restaurant sucks. I wish the company would just pay their damn servers more money so I wouldn't have to pay additional money on top of what I'm spending. I would probably dine in more frequently. But I tip decently nonetheless because what if I was that server? can't do them grimey.
Owners are too smart for that.

I think that the tipping process works out by and large. Big tips are offset by smaller gratuities. I'm sure waiters don't complain and return tips that are excessively high, so when they complain about the occasional low tip I take it with a grain of salt.

ex waiter here.
ive seen a manager spit in a customer's drink before.
a waiter i worked with coughed up something nasty in jj reddicks salad (he's an even bigger douche off the court)
i dont care if youre a bad tipper, just dont be an effing #*%!$@$%$.
having common decency to people who handle your food goes a long way.
and if you dont tip, you still got good service from me. i took pride in my work so your philosophy didnt affect my work ethic.

Originally Posted by xR A I N M A Nx

roll.gif
If ownership raises wages of their employees by 4-5-6 dollars an hour, you're just going to be spending more money anyways when they jack the prices on their menu to cover labor costs.

Some of yall  just dont get it man, food service is miserable in many other countries where gratuity is not customary, the server is there to do what is in their job description and nothing more, they will not go out of their way for you at all.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Leave a good tip

I'm a great tipper usually around 20% but more importantly I evaluate my server and put alot of thought into how much I'll be leaving.

How many times did they check on us?
How many times was my drink refilled?
Attitude
How busy is the restaurant on that night?

Great service on a busy night...that'll get you 25% in my book
That's the way I see it as well. I'm not gon give a decent tip to every server b/c half of em don't deserve it. If I feel they don't, I give em 10%. Now when I was in Atlanta and went to Geisha House w/ my lady, dude brought us free shots, big +*@ shrimp tempura rolls, etc. Now all this great service, why wouldn't I tip? Not to mention, like some have said, I had on $200 sneakers so if I couldn't drop a decent tip, what does that say about me?

Simply put, Tipping is part of the dining out culture in the US.

If you don't want to tip, don't participate.

Eat at home.

Originally Posted by iMixedi

I wish we could put an 18% gratuity on every tab. That would be awesome.
oh i would love if we could do that...i would make bank lol

-Tyler

Back
Top Bottom