Watchout you non-tippers... you might get banned from a restaurant one day..

i wouldnt like that auto 18% grat on every check, i appreciate the 20-23% grats i get.

50 $ on a $200 check is appreciated

Originally Posted by chickhien

ex waiter here.
ive seen a manager spit in a customer's drink before.
a waiter i worked with coughed up something nasty in jj reddicks salad (he's an even bigger douche off the court)
i dont care if youre a bad tipper, just dont be an effing #*%!$@$%$.
having common decency to people who handle your food goes a long way.
and if you dont tip, you still got good service from me. i took pride in my work so your philosophy didnt affect my work ethic.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I mean.. It's that serious huh? To violate someones food/beverage? [/color]
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

Originally Posted by chickhien

ex waiter here.
ive seen a manager spit in a customer's drink before.
a waiter i worked with coughed up something nasty in jj reddicks salad (he's an even bigger douche off the court)
i dont care if youre a bad tipper, just dont be an effing #*%!$@$%$.
having common decency to people who handle your food goes a long way.
and if you dont tip, you still got good service from me. i took pride in my work so your philosophy didnt affect my work ethic.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I mean.. It's that serious huh? To violate someones food/beverage? [/color]
tired.gif
Its never that serious.
smh.gif

JJ is a bum though
laugh.gif

Im not gettin into why I don't tip again but I think this is CRAP. if it says it on the menu then I just won't eat there and worst of all it said 15% then they tack on 18%. tipping should always be optional..not like I'm gunna do it either way less its the barber

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by xR A I N M A Nx

Tipping at a restaurant sucks. I wish the company would just pay their damn servers more money so I wouldn't have to pay additional money on top of what I'm spending. I would probably dine in more frequently. But I tip decently nonetheless because what if I was that server? can't do them grimey.
roll.gif
If ownership raises wages of their employees by 4-5-6 dollars an hour, you're just going to be spending more money anyways when they jack the prices on their menu to cover labor costs.

Some of yall  just dont get it man, food service is miserable in many other countries where gratuity is not customary, the server is there to do what is in their job description and nothing more, they will not go out of their way for you at all.
Came in here to post that, people just don't understand.

Alright when you guys order pizza how much do you usually tip the delivery person?

I usually get 2 dollars, but sometimes more.

nerd.gif

Food delivery is different, usually 2-4 bucks if its not too much food.

Trust me they remember the good tippers, they'll bring you're food significantly quicker.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Trust me they remember the good tippers, they'll bring you're food significantly quicker.

Always, one guy every friday hooks me up with a nice tip.
pimp.gif

Tipping at a restaurant sucks. I wish the company would just pay their damn servers more money so I wouldn't have to pay additional money on top of what I'm spending. I would probably dine in more frequently. But I tip decently nonetheless because what if I was that server? can't do them grimey.
roll.gif
If ownership raises wages of their employees by 4-5-6 dollars an hour, you're just going to be spending more money anyways when they jack the prices on their menu to cover labor costs.

Some of yall  just dont get it man, food service is miserable in many other countries where gratuity is not customary, the server is there to do what is in their job description and nothing more, they will not go out of their way for you at all.
thats fine, atleast i know up front what I should pay.

Trust me my life would be easier if I knew what to expect in terms of cost, but in countries where there is no tipping at all the service is %%%! and non-existent. They take your order and you don't see them again until its time to get the check.

At least with tipping here in the States it gives the employees an incentive to push and provide the best service possible. If they got hourly wages (low I might add) as other countries they would slack here as well.

But to rationalize NO TIPPING (not you sn00pee) esp if you are getting some good service at a nice restaurant? I can't buy that logic it makes no sense.

From my understanding a tip is something to be thankful for. If you ask for a tip I would say that's a extra charge.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

roll.gif

thats fine, atleast i know up front what I should pay.
How do you not know already?

If you're looking at an Entree at $20 you cant factor in 3-4 bucks that you may or may not be leaving?

The bill at TGI Fridays or any other chain place for me and my girl is gonna be around $40, I know that a head of time, therefore i know that ill be spending  between $45 and $50 after tip.

everyone and their mother has a phone with "tip calculator" on it so why is it so hard for you to just be served and give gratuity based on quality?

Trust me my life would be easier if I knew what to expect in terms of cost, but in countries where there is no tipping at all the service is %%%! and non-existent. They take your order and you don't see them again until its time to get the check.

At least with tipping here in the States it gives the employees an incentive to push and provide the best service possible. If they got hourly wages (low I might add) as other countries they would slack here as well.

But to rationalize NO TIPPING (not you sn00pee) esp if you are getting some good service at a nice restaurant? I can't buy that logic it makes no sense.
You've never been to Japan then. Best customer service and no tipping. No incentive? how bout no job if they dont...

This whole thread can be broken down like this...

Is tipping a legal requirement as a conclusion to a meal or is it a common courtesy?
If the tip is too small, was it stated by management they have the right to refuse admission?

If the answer to both is YES, then I have no problem with the restaurants action but if any of them are NO that restaurant can go to hell and isnt worth the patronage. I'm not saying dont tip but its the customers choice unless that right is taken away. From what I read she was originally charged 18% for a party of 3.
eyes.gif

They should pay their workers more or charge more for the meals to begin with....cot damn fools with some nonsense
smh.gif

tipping paid off yesterday for me, i went to this restaurant yesterday with my friend for happy hour food specials because im cheap.

the server was courteous and on the ball, noticed when i needed refills for my drink, gave me extra ranch for my fries and chicken, hooked it up with desert and gave a discount on the other stuff i ordered.

i tipped him half of what everything came out to and let him know that i appreciated the really good service. the server game me his number and told me to call or text him before i come in and that if he wasn't there he'd tell his coworkers to hook me up, or that if we came on days he was working drinks would be free and all food would be damn near free.

now i got a new food hookup.

^ My man.

Tipping well at spots gets you hookups especially at the bars.
pimp.gif

Free/discounted stuff FTW

^ My man.

Tipping well at spots gets you hookups especially at the bars.
pimp.gif

Free/discounted stuff FTW

yeah most bartenders hook it up if they know you tip well,  i usually try to talk to the bartender or server and be reasonable and considerate with them because i managed a retail store before and i know how many people lack basic considerate people skills these days and most of the time being coureteous and reasonable goes a long way. 

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

tipping paid off yesterday for me, i went to this restaurant yesterday with my friend for happy hour food specials because im cheap.

the server was courteous and on the ball, noticed when i needed refills for my drink, gave me extra ranch for my fries and chicken, hooked it up with desert and gave a discount on the other stuff i ordered.

i tipped him half of what everything came out to and let him know that i appreciated the really good service. the server game me his number and told me to call or text him before i come in and that if he wasn't there he'd tell his coworkers to hook me up, or that if we came on days he was working drinks would be free and all food would be damn near free.

Im far from one to jump to conclusions like this.........but it sounds like dude was hitting on you.
Im just sayin....

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Im far from one to jump to conclusions like this.........but it sounds like dude was hitting on you.
Im just sayin....

laugh.gif
i knew this was going to be posted.

i was with my girl and my son though and the dude seemed straight tho

I always tip but if the service was horrible then there is no way in hell that I will. The tip is optional so it shouldn't be forced upon customers. I see as a way to tell waiters that they are actually doing a good job.

Not true at all, but I guess it depends on which country you go to.  I was just in Ireland and they really don't tip there but the service was great.  At least at most places.  There were a couple of occasions where the server just disappears, but in most of these places, when you're done eating, you just go up to the counter and pay there.  I also didn't notice any insane prices for any of the food most of the time so them paying their servers more money didn't affect the cost of the meal very much.  Just depends on how much your bottom line comes out to.  We're just a more capitalistic society here, so companies can't just be happy with making a profit every year, they have to beat last years numbers, so food gets more expensive, quality gets worse, but we're still expected to pay more, which means tip more, because we tip based on percentages and not on service.

dude just gave you his number

AYOOOO  

Back
Top Bottom