Watchout you non-tippers... you might get banned from a restaurant one day..

laugh.gif
how bout you server guys crying just get a job there, no worrying about tipping there!

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by jrp44

Damn some of you people are cheap dumb as hell
smh.gif
You don't wanna tip have to rely on consumers for good service a "Fair wage then don't go out to eat learn a real skill and don't voluntarily sign up for 2.00$ an hour
eyes.gif

I agree
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 i love these. 

Does the amount of tip depend on how much work the server put in or how much the food costs?

Say 1 person orders 1 drink, 1 dish, and 1 desert, and the server comes around a total of 3 times to bring all of his/her food and the bill comes out to be $300 before tips.

Let's also say 10 people order 10 drinks, 10 dishes, and 10 deserts, and the server comes around a total of 10-15 times to bring the party all of their food and the bill comes out to be $300 before tips.

How much should be put down as tips in both scenarios?

Originally Posted by jrp44

Damn some of you people are cheap as hell
smh.gif
You don't wanna tip for good service then don't go out to eat
eyes.gif
agreed
I tip well, but I'm against the whole system so I barely goto restaurants
sucks when I'm out with my girl
ohwell.gif

I dont have anything particular against tipping, and will tip accordingly to service. As many have noted, it is something that must be earned. If you provide my gf and I proper service. such as refilling drinks, checking in on us from time to time, and generally having a pleasant demeanor, you will get your 15% and possibly over.
I used to not trip about service, but have dined in enough to know when outstanding service is being offered. I dont blame servers for food taking too long to come out of the kitchen, but you aint getting a penny from me if you treat me as an afterthought. This means taking forever with drinks, or falling all over other patrons, while I'm still waiting for that piece of bread I asked you twice about 20 minutes ago. If I got to ask another waiter for something, it's a wrap....you aint seeing a tip other than a note on the receipt telling you to get out of the food industry.

If I failed to tip at a restaurant I would never eat there ever again.

For one id be embarrassed because you know that they remember, two thats just rude.

Always treat people extra special who handle your food.

story is od, though.

no wonder the messed up hairlines thread is so big,bet u cheap dudes dont tip your barber either huh?

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

I can't believe all the cheap people on this board. If you don't agree with the custom of tipping, don't eat out. Easy as that. Servers don't want you at your table, nor do the restaurants want you at your business (as evidenced by the article). If you cannot afford to tip AT LEAST 15%, go to a restaurant that accommodates your budget. Servers work damn hard. Please stop with then idiotic, "I don't get tipped at my job!" excuses.

i believe in tipping but your logic is foolish.

i don't want crappy servers at my table and im sure the resturants don't want crappy servers at my table too.   i can afford to tip and if the service is anywhere between average to good, i tip nicely.  however if i get crappy service the only tip im giving is tips on a napkin so that server will know what to do next time he/she serves someone to take care of them so they get better tips in the future.

your logic says that your supposed to tip someone even if they provide crappy horrible service which is stupid. why am i going to give someone a reward for giving me crappy service.

I don't like it when people call me cheap, then you turn around and see them wearing some wack shoes

I tip well when service is good but Ive also noticed when your with a larger party and the 15% is automatically added the waiter/waitress almost always gives mediocre to bad service. Hell I wish I got a tip for cleaning up after the idiots that walk in my store.

Barber - $12 haircut, i give him a $20 tell him to keep the change for his trouble.
Waiter $25 bill I always leave atleast $35 which is a 40%.

What Im basically trying to say also is that when they force you to leave a percentage it irks me cause why should I be forced to leave that up front if I dont even know how the service will be. Then if the service is bad or food is cold or what not they go back and spit in your food. Yes we all know they do this.

Folks, those of you saying "get another job" . Then okay..who's hiring? This is my part time job, I'm a government contract employee and work at my establishment 3 maybe 4 days a week, who says no to the 3-400 xtra cash a week to supplement my income? I live on my own , I got bills, I like finer things in life, trust, I'm not the only one that does this.

I just got home from work & I commend all of yall that understand the hard work it is to be a great server.

Yes you may get crappy service but don't be biased and label ALL servers! Maybe you got %%+@%# service by a crappy waiter.

At my establishment you start your way by getting crappy section then move your way up to the booths and large sections.

If your not happy , **!$ tell or ask for the manager!

Food took too long? Ask the server!

Not satisfied? Speak to the manager.

I want you to make sure you had an optimal dining experiance and we want you back! Even if we comp off a few things off your bill! Its all about customer service.

" Yeah we went to bill steak house, took a while for us to get our meal or the steak was over cooked but damn! The manager came over and fixed it for us and it came out delicious! Can't wait to go back!"

You see how something a bad experiance can be turned into a pro?

And to vii - no I'm not in nyc, I'm in the #dmv but few members will tell you, you don't have to tip me crap, I will take care of you, nothing makes me feel better ( okay I'm kidding) than taking care of my family and friends and folks I work with at my day job. Dmv folks.. I got you #nt I got you too.

Smh @ my home girl. 6 people in a large booth, 170 bill. Left her $10. Smmmmmmmh. Poor girl. But then.. To you nt'ers that's a decent type.. And she's just doing her job?smh

I strongly believe in tipping, especially if it's one of the places I like going too.

But if I go to a new place and you give me wack service, you're not getting my normal 20%.

Same thing for my barber, haircut is $12, I always drop him a $20. In return I rarely wait, he squeezes my appointments in, & if I'm early for my appointment and some1 else is late, I'm getting that bump up.

Same logic goes if I'm at a crowded bar (doesn't matter if it's a guy or a girl)  My 1st drink i'll usually drop a large tip so they notice that and tend to me quicker if they see me waiting.  Its been working for me, I'm not sitting there waiting 10 mins for my drink if the place is packed.

laugh.gif
@me being cheap for not tipping

not my fault nor problem you make 2:50 an hr

I tip based on service

good service - good tip
bad service - no tip

Originally Posted by Durden7

Tipping threads are always great on NT.

Tipping is one of NT's greatest debates.
laugh.gif

BTW, I usually tip 20% unless service was significantly bad.

I was a waiter once. I know how hard it is to put up with peoples' +@++.
mad.gif

Damn in here Finland there is no tipping culture but the food is so damn expensive in restaurants that it would be insane if we had one.  20% tip ##$ is that?

Damn Michael Jordan might be having some problems soon.

He's known for being a cheapskate who doesn't leave tips.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Damn Michael Jordan might be having some problems soon.

He's known for being a cheapskate who doesn't leave tips.

I bet theyd still let him in, everybody knows hes an a-hole
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom