We are all born Atheist.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Big leap of faith there buddy. Religion <  God 
What? Just about every major deity comes with a religion. You can't follow the Christian god without embracing the religion of Christianity. You can't follow the Muslim god without embracing the religion of Islam. These religions contain beliefs concerning the creation of the universe, they contain various rituals, and they certainly contain moral codes. That is why god and religion are typically lumped together.

Edit: Also, if I don't believe in god, then religion is all that really exists as far as I'm concerned. So again, I'm going to lump god in with religion.
So gods are record companies now? Of course you are going to lump them together, because you believe in neither, and who said you can't embrace the "christian" god without embracing christianity? Jesus was Jewish, but I think the one thing christians can all agree on is that he certainly embraced the christian god.
This doesn't even make sense. The religion was named after Jesus since he was called Christ. Jesus was Jewish, if there's any GOD he embraced it was the Jewish one. I mean as far as he was concerned that's the only one that is true GOD. After his death his followers formed the religion named after him for everybody who didn't want to be Jewish. This idea of a christian GOD was made up due to ppl not agreeing with the actions of Jews, Jewish law, and other things they did not want to follow in the Torah.

Has the idea of being religious become so unsavory that people go to lengths to deny it. If you believe in Jesus Christ, your religion is Christianity....whether or not you follow any official "sects" or rituals in Christianity doesn't change the fact that you're a christian to some degree. If your diety has a name, a story, and a moral code you are religious.

Has the idea of being religious become so unsavory that people go to lengths to deny it. If you believe in Jesus Christ, your religion is Christianity....whether or not you follow any official "sects" or rituals in Christianity doesn't change the fact that you're a christian to some degree. If your diety has a name, a story, and a moral code you are religious.

What? Just about every major deity comes with a religion. You can't follow the Christian god without embracing the religion of Christianity. You can't follow the Muslim god without embracing the religion of Islam. These religions contain beliefs concerning the creation of the universe, they contain various rituals, and they certainly contain moral codes. That is why god and religion are typically lumped together.

Edit: Also, if I don't believe in god, then religion is all that really exists as far as I'm concerned. So again, I'm going to lump god in with religion.
So gods are record companies now? Of course you are going to lump them together, because you believe in neither, and who said you can't embrace the "christian" god without embracing christianity? Jesus was Jewish, but I think the one thing christians can all agree on is that he certainly embraced the christian god.
Record companies? lolwut? The Christian god is believed to be speaking through the Bible, no? Does the Bible not provide an explanation for the creation of the universe, various rituals one must follow, and a moral code for you to follow? Does it not command that you worship said god and abide by said moral code? The Bible very clearly outlines a religion. Jesus was a Jew, that doesn't mean that he followed Judaism. Jesus essentially re-wrote the law which is why Christianity now exists.

Record companies? lolwut? The Christian god is believed to be speaking through the Bible, no? Does the Bible not provide an explanation for the creation of the universe, various rituals one must follow, and a moral code for you to follow? Does it not command that you worship said god and abide by said moral code? The Bible very clearly outlines a religion. Jesus was a Jew, that doesn't mean that he followed Judaism. Jesus essentially re-wrote the law which is why Christianity now exists.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

This doesn't even make sense. The religion was named after Jesus since he was called Christ. Jesus was Jewish, if there's any GOD he embraced it was the Jewish one. I mean as far as he was concerned that's the only one that is true GOD. After his death his followers formed the religion named after him for everybody who didn't want to be Jewish. This idea of a christian GOD was made up due to ppl not agreeing with the actions of Jews, Jewish law, and other things they did not want to follow in the Torah.
of course, just a flaw in his logic, that applies to alot more people - like myself. I don't embrace christianity, but I am Jewish, therefore I embrace the christian "god" if you will, they are one in the same. The bible is the Torah, with a few extra chapters. When you think about it, if you start classifying and lumping religion- man made, And God - not man made, It becomes a little pretentious. There is no reason to lump them together from an objective standpoint. 

Religions contain doctrines and moral codes to follow, and the biggest downfall being they are man made. You want to lump that with god, by all means, just understand where other like myself will have a def issue with that.

of course, just a flaw in his logic, that applies to alot more people - like myself. I don't embrace christianity, but I am Jewish, therefore I embrace the christian "god" if you will, they are one in the same. The bible is the Torah, with a few extra chapters. When you think about it, if you start classifying and lumping religion- man made, And God - not man made, It becomes a little pretentious. There is no reason to lump them together from an objective standpoint. 

Religions contain doctrines and moral codes to follow, and the biggest downfall being they are man made. You want to lump that with god, by all means, just understand where other like myself will have a def issue with that.

So you're not religious in the sense that you believe in God but you don't follow any moral codes. The simple act of believing in it is all that matters to you, not any messages associated with said belief. I'm really trying to understand this.

So you're not religious in the sense that you believe in God but you don't follow any moral codes. The simple act of believing in it is all that matters to you, not any messages associated with said belief. I'm really trying to understand this.

You do understand that, as far as the god of Judaism is concerned, the Messiah has not return to fulfill the prophecies of the New Testament. You also realize that, as far as the god of Christianity is concerned, the Messiah has returned and fulfilled the prophecies of the New Testament. It's pretty ironic that you just said that I have flawed logic. I'm curious how you follow the Christian god without following Christianity because it's Christianity that identifies the attributes of the Christian god.

Also, I thought I made it clear that, in my opinion, god is man-made. So, you said that I have flawed logic while failing to even understand what I said and why I said it.

You do understand that, as far as the god of Judaism is concerned, the Messiah has not return to fulfill the prophecies of the New Testament. You also realize that, as far as the god of Christianity is concerned, the Messiah has returned and fulfilled the prophecies of the New Testament. It's pretty ironic that you just said that I have flawed logic. I'm curious how you follow the Christian god without following Christianity because it's Christianity that identifies the attributes of the Christian god.

Also, I thought I made it clear that, in my opinion, god is man-made. So, you said that I have flawed logic while failing to even understand what I said and why I said it.

Of course I follow moral codes. I just don't consider myself any religious subcategory if you will. There are different aspects of religion that I apply in my life to my God, does that mean I am denying the christian god, islamic one? They all the same to me. The difference lies in what makes you a better person, that is what religion is all about to me, God is always subjective, even in religious sub-categories. If being an atheist makes you a better person do you. That's always the point imo.
@Nyuh Im not going back in forth with you, of course there are differences between judaism and christianity. You keep trolling the convo man. God is god, and your religion is your religion. My personal fallout came from when a temple I frequented started playing one of my boys (a few years older than me) he found a woman he truly loved who just happened to not be jewish. They would send him jewish singles invites and all that jazz, mad disrespectful. I mean it is one thing to tell me not to eat swine, but you want to tell me my boy can't marry a puerto rican woman unless she converts? I wasn't messing with that. I still $$*%! with yahweh though.

You can continue to argue about what I know about the religion I was raised in, or you can admit that one can follow god without being religious. It's really apples and oranges. And I stay out of religious arguments for the most part on here now, but that is pure blasphemy. 

Of course I follow moral codes. I just don't consider myself any religious subcategory if you will. There are different aspects of religion that I apply in my life to my God, does that mean I am denying the christian god, islamic one? They all the same to me. The difference lies in what makes you a better person, that is what religion is all about to me, God is always subjective, even in religious sub-categories. If being an atheist makes you a better person do you. That's always the point imo.
@Nyuh Im not going back in forth with you, of course there are differences between judaism and christianity. You keep trolling the convo man. God is god, and your religion is your religion. My personal fallout came from when a temple I frequented started playing one of my boys (a few years older than me) he found a woman he truly loved who just happened to not be jewish. They would send him jewish singles invites and all that jazz, mad disrespectful. I mean it is one thing to tell me not to eat swine, but you want to tell me my boy can't marry a puerto rican woman unless she converts? I wasn't messing with that. I still $$*%! with yahweh though.

You can continue to argue about what I know about the religion I was raised in, or you can admit that one can follow god without being religious. It's really apples and oranges. And I stay out of religious arguments for the most part on here now, but that is pure blasphemy. 

FALSE!
you are born with zero idea about god. a blank slate. to be athiest requires a conscience decision there is no god (unless you were fed that as a child the way so many children are fed religion)

FALSE!
you are born with zero idea about god. a blank slate. to be athiest requires a conscience decision there is no god (unless you were fed that as a child the way so many children are fed religion)

When you say you're Jewish do you mean that in the sense that it is what you identify with as an ethnicity or that you're Jewish in the sense that you're a practicing religious Jew?

Also Judiasm predates Christianity. Just because you are Jewish it does not mean you embrace the Christian GOD. They are not necessarily one in the same to all Jews. Christianity is a bastardization of Judiasm in the sense that those who chose to create the religion and identify themselves as such proclaimed Jesus to be the son of GOD and follow a completely different set of doctrines and rituals via the new testament. The Old Testament is partially the Torah with a few additions from Christians and a lot more omissions. They had no choice in taking part of Judiasm in to their own religion because Jesus (who didn't even tell them to start their own religion) was Jewish. If you see that as pretentious, hey that's what they chose to do with it to separate each other in to this right or wrong competition.

As far as I see it the concept of GOD is man made. We came up with that, before religions but in most cases religions came immediately after. The actual GOD is theoretical and has absolutely no concrete evidence in telling mankind to do anything.

Now as it pertains to the part of religion you're talking about and lumping that in with GOD I'll just repost what I said earlier:
I've yet to see a legitimate deist on NT. None of you have expressed/displayed the fortitude it takes to believe in a higher being for the sake of a feeling, accepting a man made concept and discard all religions as man made heresy, identifying it as clear propaganda to control and manipulate the masses.

When you say you're Jewish do you mean that in the sense that it is what you identify with as an ethnicity or that you're Jewish in the sense that you're a practicing religious Jew?

Also Judiasm predates Christianity. Just because you are Jewish it does not mean you embrace the Christian GOD. They are not necessarily one in the same to all Jews. Christianity is a bastardization of Judiasm in the sense that those who chose to create the religion and identify themselves as such proclaimed Jesus to be the son of GOD and follow a completely different set of doctrines and rituals via the new testament. The Old Testament is partially the Torah with a few additions from Christians and a lot more omissions. They had no choice in taking part of Judiasm in to their own religion because Jesus (who didn't even tell them to start their own religion) was Jewish. If you see that as pretentious, hey that's what they chose to do with it to separate each other in to this right or wrong competition.

As far as I see it the concept of GOD is man made. We came up with that, before religions but in most cases religions came immediately after. The actual GOD is theoretical and has absolutely no concrete evidence in telling mankind to do anything.

Now as it pertains to the part of religion you're talking about and lumping that in with GOD I'll just repost what I said earlier:
I've yet to see a legitimate deist on NT. None of you have expressed/displayed the fortitude it takes to believe in a higher being for the sake of a feeling, accepting a man made concept and discard all religions as man made heresy, identifying it as clear propaganda to control and manipulate the masses.

of course god is a manmade concept, as is atheism 
laugh.gif
 I consider it in the ethnic sense, but to jews it makes no difference. If your mom is, as are you 

laugh.gif
 I consider it in the ethnic sense, but to jews it makes no difference. If your mom is, as are you 

laugh.gif
Yeah, but your comment was misleading because being Jewish through your mother was irrelevant to the point you were making. You said you follow the Christian god then, so that suggests that you also follow the religion of Christianity.

laugh.gif
Yeah, but your comment was misleading because being Jewish through your mother was irrelevant to the point you were making. You said you follow the Christian god then, so that suggests that you also follow the religion of Christianity.

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

What we call Christianity in modern times along with Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism all believe in the same all mighty G.O.D. These religions have all fallen from the same tree that have spread the seeds of wisdom. Atheist y'all should know what time it is forreal, First person to be recognized when disaster or tragedy strikes.
I don't think Buddhism focuses on any god. Christianity and Islam contradict one another. Hinduism focuses on many gods. How is it that they all believe in the same god?

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

What we call Christianity in modern times along with Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism all believe in the same all mighty G.O.D. These religions have all fallen from the same tree that have spread the seeds of wisdom. Atheist y'all should know what time it is forreal, First person to be recognized when disaster or tragedy strikes.
I don't think Buddhism focuses on any god. Christianity and Islam contradict one another. Hinduism focuses on many gods. How is it that they all believe in the same god?

Back
Top Bottom