We Still Believe!!! Team Pilipinas 2009

hay sayang si williams..
i think jj should sit out on the jones cup and be 100% at the start of the fiba.. i think will be the main offensive weapon of rp team
imo in asia rp guards are the best.. even tabuse will eat dust against jj haha.. bias lang lol..
the prob for long rest is kakalawangin like what happen last fiba
tinago nila si danny seigle sa jones cup tapos at the start of fiba walang nagawa..

use norwood well..let him play PG! then JJ as SG, Santos as SF, Raymundo as PF, Aguilar as C .. run and gun.. bilis ng line up na yan..

^^ Agree with your respective assessments, brothers! No offense to our neighbors from Iran, Lebanon and Jordan, but these were teams we used to beat easilyback in the day man!
ohwell.gif

You can't say its because of their height because they got some pretty spot up shooters too to break the zone and they don't dribble the ball for toolong a period. All is not too late for RP sa Jones Cup. Pero come FIBA-ASIA, dapat bigay na nila lahat. Because no matter what you say, I think Coach Yeng isstill better than Chot
smokin.gif

^
ye right ,, way back they can demolish that countries easily,, but now we can't even beat them with a big margin .. you can see how much they improved. youcan see now how high is the level of compettveness in the international games,, nahawa kasi tayo sa nba mentality eh.. one on one plays,, limited passing,isolations,.. ayun kulelat tayo hehe.. pero sana dis time maging successful.. wala si yao sa china ngaun,, yaka na siguro china though nandun si yi.. kaya nani aguilar un .. RP Team nids pure shooter the likes of caidic lol.. zone breaker.. bawi next game .. btw ganda panuorin taiwan vs rp ule.. last time espn cutthe show ahaha.. tambakol ba naman hahaha:]]]

Jimmy alapag should be the one tapped, not arboleda IMO. and Dondon Hontiveros for Cyrus.. we need shooters! hehe

what makes the difference this past few years aside from the development of the middle eastern teams mentioned is they are naturalizing american/europeanplayers that fit their system. Jordan has a American PG I think, Lebanon I heard would be naturalizing Jackson Vroman, a former NBA player (with CHI if I canrecall). I wasn't able to watch the game live but imo the diff of talent between RP and Jordan is not that huge. Maybe yeng is hiding his cards in theJones Cup. During the FIBA qualifiers in Japan, we almost beat Jordan had we not collapsed during the 3rd quarter.

Quick question, are those players who played during the exhibition game are the players who played in Fiba Asia? Arboleda and Belga in the line-up?

Originally Posted by lbj19

what makes the difference this past few years aside from the development of the middle eastern teams mentioned is they are naturalizing american/european players that fit their system. Jordan has a American PG I think, Lebanon I heard would be naturalizing Jackson Vroman, a former NBA player (with CHI if I can recall). I wasn't able to watch the game live but imo the diff of talent between RP and Jordan is not that huge. Maybe yeng is hiding his cards in the Jones Cup. During the FIBA qualifiers in Japan, we almost beat Jordan had we not collapsed during the 3rd quarter.
This is a very valid point. I just hope the Philippines does not fall into this trap too fast. The leadership of the SBP has shown some tendencieswherein they panic too fast and come to reactive decisions. IMO, we don't need these naturalized players just yet. We got so many players with potential.Its just that we don't have height. Pero kaya. The way I see it, the Smart Gilas Team has more potential than the PBA assembled RP Team. I hope theyaccomplish their mission.
nerd.gif

are we just playing bad basketball or just short? lets hope we win tonight. i think ayaw ni don2 mag laro because of his age or nag bibigay lng siya ngchance for others.

^
may gap si hontiveros at yeng hahah remember when yeng clothesline don2 in a game?Hahha

Originally Posted by melo15fan

poor start for RP team.. 12-0 agad.. tsk tsk..
Dude, you referring to RP's 2nd game? Tambak nanaman? Walang hiya, they should just have their jerseys autographed by the opposing team andhead to the bus man! Ano ba naman yan?!
frown.gif

damn wats d prob wid dis rp team geez.. a 12 - 0 blast at the start of 1st qt.. wrong coach ata .. tuwang tuwa 2loi kalban nila.. parang pro vs amateur ..
anyway jj,ryan reyes,williams is out.. no real pg at all.. arboleda is the odd man.. he travel and turn the ball how many timess..

Incredible shooting by Chinese-Taipei. It seems like the Powerade Pilipinas team still plays like they're in the PBA, having difficulty getting through thezone and forcing one on one plays. A lot of their points came from fastbreak points.

ung commentator tuwang tuwa eh.. nilalampaso rp team.. 11 3 points n ang taiwan tayo ni isa wala pa.. grr..
mas malakas pa ata smb kesa sa rp team naten haha.

Another loss for Team Pilipinas. The outside shooting of C-T killed them.

I wonder why Arwind Santos shot so poorly from the outside. He usually has a pretty decent shot.

Back
Top Bottom