We Still Believe!!! Team Pilipinas 2009

I think its better na dito palang maexperience na ng RP team na matalo.. It will benefit them more to learn from their mistakes.. Our performance in FIBA-Asiaparin ang important..

Originally Posted by chase on

they should have got dondon, too...

alapag and don don are too old... they formed this squad with age in mind (pennissi is an exception bec. of his height)

hayyy talo ba kanina? seriously we should never ever settle for a loss... yes we will grow from this but we would have grown even more with a win...

like i posted before, yeng guaio is all air, yabang and porma....not much real coaching skills ESPECIALLY for international competition. Sayang players, sayangNike support. 'hiding some cards?' that's crazy....

Hiding Cards? thats useless, looked what happened 2 years ago when Chot Reyes didn't use Danny S. during the Jones Cup, what happened to him in FIBA-ASIA"Nangapa"...

Team Philippines really need to improve their style of play and their line-up, if im the coach i'll pick Cardona instead of Cyrus, I'll pick L.Ainstead of Arboleda...

i'll pick Alapag and Artadi/ryan reyes for PG ...dinadaga si jj pag international competition .. d nya magawa ung nagagawa nya sa PBA .. slasher na PGkelangan nila .. maraming nasusungkit na foul si alapag.. bring back caidic as their shooter... a shooter will always be a shooter ...
laugh.gif

Don't be too hard on our team guys...remember, we're playing without our 2 legit PG's (Reyes & Helterbrand) and Arboleda is just a lateaddition that's why our back court sucks like the UP Maroons (Just Kidding). Anyway, I can see close games now for Team Pilipinas regardless of theresults.
wink.gif

...stilll I would have opted to put Dondon there instead of Cyrus.
ohwell.gif

They shouldve tried to recruit Sam Ekwe. He might not be as good as imports, but atleast he has stayed here for a while and knows our culture already. He canprovide some rebounding and shotblocking. It wouldve been nice to see a frontline of Ekwe, Japet and Arwind at some point.

I also prefer dondon and Jimmy over cyrus and miller. Dondon is a better defender and both him and jimmy has experience already. Cyrus is a good athlete but isa poor defender and inconsistent shooter. Miller is a little too late. I liked him to be included in the national team before but not now. If you're gonnaput someone old, might aswell put someone with more international experience and better outside shooting.

di talaga pang international yung game ng mga players natin.....uso kasi dun sa game nung mga players natin pagandahan ng dribble saka lay up.....kaya hayun dinagpapasahan........ang kailangan sa international team play at palakasan ng shooting......sadly......wala ng totoong shooter dun sa Philippine team.....

si dondon maxadong aggresive pag mag defend lage nafofoul... they need 3 pointerS!! how will they survive if yap is only the 3 point shooter imo di xa talaga 3pointer.. ill rather choose ritualo and salvacion over miller and cyrus.. let jj play the 2 and norwood as the 1 and rp team will be ok.. kung healthy lang siwilliams.. lakemg tulong sa husstle and 3 point shooting.. and jay ar reyes over ranidel.. july 22 is the submission of the final line up for fiba qualifying..no time for changing the line up..

I am stoked the RP Team lost big in two games in the Jones Cup. That's what they deserve for having a bum jerk for a coach. I wish they get blown out evenmore.

My 2 cents on who the RP team should be composed of... i took into consideration age, skills and what they bring to the table:

Guards: Cortez, Helterbrand, Ryan Reyes, Norwood
Forwards: Yap, Arwind Santos, Kelly Williams, Ranidel, Raymundo (too small to be a F-C), Cardona (foreigners wont know how to guard the hook of captain hookLOL)
Center: Japeth, Pennisi (what can i say we really need his height), ANOTHER LEGIT BIGMAN!!!

Reserves: Dillinger (needs to prove himself first, not fond of his game though, too stiff), Caguioa, Baguio, Dondon, Renren (too small and 1 dimensional kasi),

That's what I'm talking about...

We can't afford to lose 3 straight...or at least lose by a close margin
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom