WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

nah they aren't going to kill him, just maybe retire his character so he can come back later

RDJ still generates a lot for MCU and at least dude isn't saying if he's going to leave or go

Marvel will bring older characters back after other stories are told just like Star Wars is doing with Luke Skywalker.

Marvel can make money without rdj Ragnarok looks to be on pace to match Homecoming's output

Look at how much BP probably going to make

Marvel definitely capable of moving on

Last edited:
nah they aren't going to kill him, just maybe retire his character so he can come back later

RDJ still generates a lot for MCU and at least dude isn't saying if he's going to leave or go

The only way RDJ is leaving is if they don't renew his contract.

These Marvel movies are $$$ for him. I imagine it's not too hard to film for him either.

Marvel can make money without rdj Ragnarok looks to be on pace to match Homecoming's output

Look at how much BP probably going to make

Marvel definitely capable of moving on

I am sure they are but the question is are they?

A4 is about to change things for the next phase and while Ragnarok is making big bucks the other newer franchises isn't and with MCU, and $520m for AntMan and $677m for Dr Strange almost feels like under-performing. If they get rid of IM and Cap then they really wouldn't have a big cash cow. BP looks like it's going to make money but we still have to wait and see.

And keep in mind, Marvel Studios do not get profit from Homecoming, just from toy merch.

Spider-Man: Homecoming is still financed and distributed by Sony Pictures (i.e. they pay for 100% of it), and Sony gets the box office, but Marvel Studios produced the film and served as the “creative lead.” That means Feige and the Marvel Studios braintrust helped pick the director and cast, helped craft the film’s tone and style, and made sure to bring something fresh and new to character that audiences are already veryfamiliar with. In short, they made a Marvel Studios Spider-Man movie.

So what does Marvel Studios get in return out of this deal? Besides getting to play with a toy they’ve been eyeing for a very long time now, they get to use Tom Holland’s Peter Parker in a set number of MCU movies (five in total, per this initial agreement, including Homecoming and its sequel).

via collider

And keep in mind, Marvel Studios do not get profit from Homecoming, just from toy merch.

Marvel_vs_DC_Licensing_Chart.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/superhero-earns-13-billion-a-748281

Still not a bad deal.

definitely not a bad deal but that deals been on place for maybe a good decade now(?) and better films better merch profit but they still do not get a piece of the $880m BO and as a studio you still want films/characters that can sell and do not involve Pascal :lol:

I am curious what the updated numbers are today though, Avengers probably got a huge bump in merch

honestly if they do that, it might help them in the box office as many would want to see that on the big screen :lol:

Man, seeing those screen shots makes me want to see the trailer even more.

Please, Marvel.

Back
Top Bottom