WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

music-wise, I don't see why not

everyones watching the films and this could go on for decades

Im going out on a limb here,

The MCU is our generations Satar Wars,Indiana Jones, whatever etc. What is happening here is groundbreaking. Never been done before, all the previous franchises that people adore in the past are just straight sequels that drop a movie at a maximum every year. The story is a a linear path and easily predictable. We are getting 3 movies a year, that have one over arching theme, but many small individual stories. I think Infinity War is gonna push this franchise over the edge where people will start proclaiming this is not only one of the most fiscally great franchises, but also the most beloved. What else is also crazy is that no other franchise has the amount of depth with characters like Marvel, no one else. We have Fantastic 4, X-men, and others coming down the pipeline.

This ****e is the greatest. Simple

at this point, I don't really think it's far fetch

I am not sure about the greatest just yet but considering the volume they are producing and at the quality they put out, it is an insane franchise if you think about it

it will undoubtedly be the biggest revenue-wise when it is all said and done

I mean even the MCU films we hate here are still mostly loved outside of NT and generation money

Disney already pretty much kept the movie industry alive this year, once they get Fox, they are pretty much going to be the only reason people go to the theater :lol:

Of course it's this generations Star Wars, and all that.

This is a whole level. Putting together multiple films.
Y'all have to give Harry Potter and LOtR love. Harry Potter was out there breaking records.

Of course it's this generations Star Wars, and all that.

This is a whole level. Putting together multiple films.
Y'all have to give Harry Potter and LOtR love. Harry Potter was out there breaking records.

Don't get me wrong I loved me some Lotr, but as I was saying. It's a linear movie franchise that dropped one film a year. (I never saw one damn Harry Potter movie, that was for the birds)

With all the money LotR and Harry Potter and CBMs make, I wonder when/if there will be a movie franchise as big as those from original material. Star Wars was the OG, but in the last 20+ years it’s all been adaptations.

I love HP and looking forward to what JK has in store for us but without any more books, it can feel like WBs just squeezing milk from a drying up cow. It might feel more like the Hobbit series than LoTR. So far so good though, I liked Fantastic Beasts and looking forward to Dumbledore & Grindelwald bromance.

Was Avatar from books that were previously written?

yeah, it's an adaptation of this

51jIKKVyTVL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

With all the money LotR and Harry Potter and CBMs make, I wonder when/if there will be a movie franchise as big as those from original material. Star Wars was the OG, but in the last 20+ years it’s all been adaptations.

it's going to be tough and nothing is going to be as big from an original idea anymore

despite Avatar being the highest grossing film, I don't think it's sequels will even come close to it so I doubt that can match up with the MCU these days

but think about it, even that is going to be Disney owned now

I don’t think as highly of the MCU as some of y’all do but I will never not give feige props for turning some B and C-listers like the avengers into one of the biggest franchises in the world.

Fast and the Furious

if someone can tell me those came from some books, I will be blown away

AHHHH thank you! And I love those films SMH at me.

TFatF grew out of a magazine article, if that counts.

edit: maybe this is exclusive to fantasy/sci-fi genre. Action movies like FatF, to a lesser extent xXx series are original.

[QUOTE="dangerousg, post: 29294862, member: 37440"]I don’t think as highly of the MCU as some of y’all do but I will never not give feige props for turning some B and C-listers like the avengers into one of the biggest franchises in the world.[/QUOTE]

Get the hell outta this thread

I think we are just predicting it to where it is heading. It's just unprecedented what they have done.

comics prepping for the acquisitions...?

In the first issue of Phoenix Resurrection, we learn that Jean Grey is working as a waitress in a small town diner and appears to have no memory of being a mutant or member of the X-Men. Somehow, she's resurrected her entire family but that's not the only return here; one of the customers she serves bears a striking resemblance to her former teammate Banshee and speaks with an Irish accent!

However, the surprises keep on coming as the issue concludes with a knock at the door and a very much alive Scott Summers standing there with a bouquet of flowers! Cyclops was killed off a while ago after being exposed to Terrigen Mist.
Phoenix-Banshee-Cyclops.jpg

AHHHH thank you! And I love those films SMH at me.

TFatF grew out of a magazine article, if that counts.

edit: maybe this is exclusive to fantasy/sci-fi genre. Action movies like FatF, to a lesser extent xXx series are original.

xXx? wth watches those? I just checked wikipedia, each film averages about $200m

I love HP and looking forward to what JK has in store for us but without any more books, it can feel like WBs just squeezing milk from a drying up cow. It might feel more like the Hobbit series than LoTR. So far so good though, I liked Fantastic Beasts and looking forward to Dumbledore & Grindelwald bromance.

Harry Potter is for nerds man. I just lost mad respect for you

Back
Top Bottom