WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Wait I thought she was Omega. ?
isn't gambit considered Omega as well.
I know ICeman is too.
Storm is just alpha.

Gambit went to Mr. Sinster to perform surgery on him so he would never reach his omega potential.

Iceman is omega but doesn't fulfill his potential the majority of the time so he remains a character to crack jokes.
Speaking of being relatable, I think I'm one of the few who doesn't get the appeal of Peter Parker...

He always came off as being too soft in my opinion.

It was only a few 'traditional' characters from both companies that kept my interest for the most part when I was younger.. The weird characters ( Marvel/DC) was always more intriguing to me..
Well Peter Parker is but I don't know where exactly may be your exposure to the character from the comic he grows past that and mainly as Spider-Man hes pretty much not that.

Overall he's just a good natured dude trying to do right that has his faults.

Speaking of being relatable, I think I'm one of the few who doesn't get the appeal of Peter Parker...

It was only a few 'traditional' characters from both companies that kept my interest for the most part when I was younger.. The weird characters ( Marvel/DC) became more intriguing to me as time went on..

Reported

Supergirl on the tv show has Superman’s power set but she seems super relatable to me
I feel like they've gone super out of their way to make her a certain type of character for the show even more so than her early comic stories.

The main difference with Supergirl though is she's a teenager/young adult. Just being that is gonna be relatable to a lot of ppl off of nostalgia given were all sociable anyway.

It was only a few 'traditional' characters from both companies that kept my interest for the most part when I was younger.. The weird characters ( Marvel/DC) became more intriguing to me as time went on..

I totally get you on Peter Parker now particularly in the MCU. but imo that’s dude to naivety. Shot only ever got real for him with vulture. In Civil War nobody was gonna die it’s all been majorly fun for him at this point.

As I pivot off of the movies for a sec I start to think about Peter Parker in other types of media and he does get hardend by his lifestyle to an extent. There are even some comic book runs that depict a very dark spidey.

I’m very curious to find out how the MCU tackles this. Especially after IW. All that happy go lucky **** is out the window when you’re trying to save the universe. After that I hope we see a more refined PP.

I think and this usually goes for all mediums that big **** like saving the universe overwhelms him to a point it doesn't have the expected effect.

He'd have to connect on a vet personal and emotional level. To me its always when he has to save family and loved ones that he becomes hardened by his experiences by villains and then when innoccents are in danger threatened.

For example, I think of the 90s Spidey cartoon and how they redid Secret Wars where Spidey was the main character and leader over Captain America, Prof. X, Tony, and Mr. Fantastic. Lot of layers and emotional subplots in play for that stpry and wjat it led about next.

The sequel post A4 is gonna be a good look at how they tackle Peter Parker going forward.

I totally get you on Peter Parker now particularly in the MCU. but imo that’s dude to naivety. Shot only ever got real for him with vulture. In Civil War nobody was gonna die it’s all been majorly fun for him at this point.

As I pivot off of the movies for a sec I start to think about Peter Parker in other types of media and he does get hardend by his lifestyle to an extent. There are even some comic book runs that depict a very dark spidey.

I’m very curious to find out how the MCU tackles this. Especially after IW. All that happy go lucky **** is out the window when you’re trying to save the universe. After that I hope we see a more refined PP.

You don't understand Peter Parker if you think that's happening. His optimism despite the bad of it all that's going on is part of the character and his appeal.

The Marvel films are better the DCEU because they're better written and more fleshed out. It has nothing to do with "relatable".

It definitely has something to do with relatability. That's what separates the characters.

Is it true that Thor's weather controlling powers are more powerful than Storm's in the comics? Think I read that on IG a few weeks ago.
No.

Storm is limited to science whereas thor can make a gigantic lightning storm out of nothing. Hard to articulate but let's say storm is in a desert...she can make it rain but would be taking away from some other area while she does it. Thors powers are more magic and storms has to do with her mutant ability.

Storm controls more than the weather. Or rather she can manipulate everything around her weather related to make things in her favor. Wind to make her hits harder or to dodge or parry stuff, etc. She can use nature to become over powered and it's not limited to earth.

Storm would demolish a lot of marvel characters by herself. On this planet or any other.

It really would depend on the writer but their powers are just different and id say one is not necessarily better than the other. Just my opinion tho.

Last edited:
If they could find a way to work in Clone wars into a Spider man movie I’m all for it. Kaine and Ben Reilly :nthat:

i thought superman powers dont work around kryptonite

and he need sunlight to heal

Lol unless my memory is faulty, I think there is a kryptonite that can take away powers

Seeing as Krypton is destroyed, you don’t have anything to take his powers away from an entire human before the last act occurs.

Maybe Lex Luthor can get Kryptonite mixed into the materials that go into an iPhone. That’ll dappen him from a couple days!

The Marvel films are better the DCEU because they're better written and more fleshed out. It has nothing to do with "relatable".

exactly.. this applies to more than just the DCEU, by the way

nothing exemplifies this more than marvel having 4 more films after the success of IM, when they dropped that nugget about the avengers, before dropping A1

DECU went from MOS to BVS.. fox went from first class to DOFP.. sony jumped from TASM to all that mess they tried to throw into part 2

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Star Benedict Cumberbatch Indicates That The Marvel Multiverse Is Coming

In an interview in the "Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years – The Evolution of Heroes" featurette on the Thor: Ragnarok Blu-ray, Avengers: Infinity War star Benedict Cumberbatch indicated that we'll soon start seeing the Marvel Multiverse expand in a significant way moving into Phase 4 and beyond.

"What we’ve seen happen within the Marvel Cinematic Universe is this ever-expanding couture of superheroes," the actor said. "And I think now we’re at the stage where this universe, even within our world, has gotten quite crowded and it’s just about to explode into other dimensions."

DC is lame af, lets keep it 1000. Those characters aren’t relatable and they’re lucky to have Batman. DC should be praying to Bob Kane and Bill Finger every night, every employee at that company. Marvel had the flyest characters from all over the spectrum. You could relate to Peter Parker. He was from Queens, he felt like a kid from the block you used to open up fire hydrants with in the summer. DC is just God’s, aliens, ****boi’s, FOH DC.

rocket-gif.gif

/endmarvelfanboydcrant

Some of the best Marvel characters are the eclectic ones. The Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider, X-Men, Vision, Guardians of the Galaxy. Y'all gotta open yourselves up. A lot of the best writers and artists have done runs for both publishers. There's a lot of human DC characters besides Batman. If you need to relate to a character to enjoy them, but that never mattered to me. I grew up on TMNT, Gargoyles, Transformers, and Biker Mice from Mars.

Respect for having the intestinal fortitude to admitting your fanboying tho. A1 post. :rofl:

I swear I'm sure if DC gives Marvel Superman, Marvel Studios will be able to make America fall in love with him all over again

Captain America is not supposed to be relatable to today's America. He's a dude from the 1940s and look at how popular he is today. Iron Man is a rich white billionaire for cryin out loud, who can relate to that but ppl love him anyway :rofl: Thor is a god, no one can relate to that, but they gave him a personality and the actor is one of the funnier guys working in the mcu. I could go on.

Marvel would have ppl flocking to a MoS movie in droves. It's not what you got. It's how you use it!!!!

Reactions: sb
Back
Top Bottom