WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Disney to Help Open STEM Center in Oakland After Black Panther’s Success
upload_2018-2-26_23-3-38.png

http://www.comingsoon.net/extras/ne...enter-in-oakland-after-black-panthers-success

Following the record-breaking success of Marvel Studios’ Black Panther, and given the touching final scene of the movie, The Walt Disney Company has announced they’re donating $1 million to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America to help expand BGCA’s youth STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) programs, which will include a STEM Center of Innovation to be established in Oakland, California.

“Marvel Studios’ Black Panther is a masterpiece of movie making and has become an instant cultural phenomenon, sparking discussion, inspiring people young and old, and breaking down age-old industry myths,” said Bob Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “It is thrilling to see how inspired young audiences were by the spectacular technology in the film, so it’s fitting that we show our appreciation by helping advance STEM programs for youth, especially in underserved areas of the country, to give them the knowledge and tools to build the future they want.”

Boys & Girls Clubs of America will use this one-time grant to further develop its existing national STEM curriculum, and also establish new STEM Centers of Innovation in Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Chicago, IL; Harlem, NY; Hartford, CT; Memphis, TN; New Orleans, LA; Orlando, FL; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC; Watts, CA, and most notably, Oakland, CA.

Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s Centers of Innovation provide youth with hands-on, advanced technologies that stimulate creative approaches to STEM exploration, including 3-D printers, robotics, high-definition video production and conferencing equipment. In addition, a fully dedicated STEM expert will offer individual and group support, using real-world applications to help Club members develop their STEM skills and critical thinking.

“From hands-on interactive programs to critical thinking, Boys & Girls Clubs of America is committed to providing thousands of young people with the tools they need to prepare for a great future,” said Jim Clark, president and CEO of Boys & Girls Clubs of America. “Thanks to Disney’s support, we can expand our outreach and allow more youth to find their passions and discover STEM careers.”

Black Panther is now playing in theaters worldwide and has brought in over $700 million at the global box office.

Is it true that Thor's weather controlling powers are more powerful than Storm's in the comics? Think I read that on IG a few weeks ago.
Depends on the writer. Do you approach with the take that Thor is an actual god of Thunder? Then yeah he's the most powerful.

But there are takes on Storm where she becomes a near elemental being becoming one with mother nature and that's something you can't be more powerful than.

Its undefined overall. Even in the comics Thor rarely implements all of his weather summoning powers. It all comics with deus ex Machina plots where he'll pull an ability not totally out of his was but something he won't regularly use.

Whereas Storm's powers is strictly weather control.

Lol unless my memory is faulty, I think there is a kryptonite that can take away powers
He means for an entire franchise. Multiple movies.

Like one movie that could be the plot but not multiple whereas with Thor they've limited him to his hammer, summoning lightning, super strength and flight.

If they did a movie where Superman wasn't invulnerable and didnt have his super speed or flight ppl would rage. His wife arrange of powers have basically been cemented.

Thor can't control weather....right?
Not all weather but with thunders come rain storms and lightning.

Thor's character in MCU was already written well before he got his powers stripped, he's usually in a place he knows jack **** about 90% of the time and they do a good job of incorporating that into his lines/writing.

Well again that's where the personality comes in with Marvel characters.

Stan and Jack knew what they were doing when they chose a Norse god that use to be worshipped by warrior Vikings.

Your bum **** really thinking your opinion is the only that matters, missed me with that bs :lol:

Anyways back on the ignore block you go
Must be cornball Zik you're addressing cause he's 1 of 2 people on NT I got on block so can't even see who you're gettin' at :lol:

DCEU was screwed from jump.. I don't necessarily agree with his point about relatable

Cause if anything, batman should be the least relatable character of them all.. it's his enemies that have the personalities and carry that aspect of any movie

It's how they portray superman that's the problem and using God/Jesus analogies ain't the answer.. they make it work for the animated movies

WW for most of WW is the only time I thought the current DCEU got a character right.. unapologetically strong, but having to deal with the usual BS women have to deal with (hence making her pack it up for 100 years being a terrible choice)

Must be cornball Zik you're addressing cause he's 1 of 2 people on NT I got on block so can't even see who you're gettin' at :lol:

Lmao hit the nail right on the head...the old block feature was horrible but this one is clutch....

Edit the rest of this post out, **** not worth it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom