WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Wolverine and prof x is all that's needed.

If they only could have kept Hugh and Sir Patrick Stewart,, things would be so litty! But I'm glad their arcs ended in "Logan" (GOAT status comic book movie btw).

We all know they are keeping Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool though. I suppose everyone else is expendable?

my review after sleeping on it

Positives
- I was pleasantly surprised how quick this movie got real, they didn't waste any time showing just how threatening Thanos was
- The Black Order coulda used a tad more development but Ebony Maw and Proxima Midnight were outstanding. Maw was so smooth with his powers :lol:
- this is the biggest range of emotions they've had in any MCU flick. First time ever where it felt like they truly feared the villain and it's the second time where the villain showed emotion himself (Killmonger was first)
- with such an enormous cast I was worried the chemistry wouldn't be there but I gotta give them props. They pulled it off. I like how each group was separated, they all bounced off each other well and weren't just quickly convinced of how the others operate. Like I enjoyed the clashes between Stark and Strange then Stark and Starlord.
- the effects were very impressive for bout 95% of the movie. Something looked off during that scene of Thanos sitting on the steps by his throne with Gamora though
- DEATH! Finally got some big deaths even if some may be temporary. Not for everyone though, RIP to those we lost. Hopefully not Tessa bae though

Negatives
- the Hulk comedic attempts just didn't land for me at all
- Thor and Rocket's mission took wayyyyyyy too long. The payoff was great when he put the axe to use but damn if that mission was boring as hell
- Starlord reacting emotionally and dooming everyone an hour after he tried to stop Drax from doing the exact same thing was stupid
- Shuri's scene seemed pointless if Vision was just gonna dip out of there anyway
- Red Skull being there, huh? How?
- was the scene with Gamora and Thanos post finger snap a dream?
- Nebula having footage of Gamora saying she found the soul stone was awfully convenient

Overall
I was entertained thoroughly. Not ready to say best MCU flick ever, I need to watch BP again once the Blu Ray drops but it's definitely no less than top 3. Thanos and Thor made the movie to me. 9/10

I said after I left the movie that it was easily the best marvel movie, but after sleeping on it, its tied for my favorite movie personally but I can see if someone didn't like or find it amazing.

Tied for first with Ragnorak. Lack of hulk and him getting washed at the very beginning of the movie still bothers me.

But yo I’m happy thanos didn’t lose
Though I found a hole in the plot
If thanos went to the dwarf to make a gauntlet
Why did Odin have a fake one
And why they make it seem like thanos
had one chillin in his closet
When in reality
He just got it cause he had the dwarf make it

It was explained by the Russo’s. Odins fake gauntlet was a way for him to give the people of Asgard a sense of safety. How could he be the ruler and protector if there’s something that strong out there? So he had this fake cast to make it seem like he had the most powerful weapon around. That’s why Hella called it fake in Thor 3.

We don’t know when Thanos got then gauntler but given that I’m sure the actual story for IW didn’t become a reality until maybe 2-3 years ago It was hard to develop a story for it.

I’m still in awe this morning.

Why is Gamora?

I personally thought the Red Skull scene was out of left field but necessary. Tied up that loose end regarding what happened to him.

I said after I left the movie that it was easily the best marvel movie, but after sleeping on it, its tied for my favorite movie personally but I can see if someone didn't like or find it amazing.

Tied for first with Ragnorak. Lack of hulk and him getting washed at the very beginning of the movie still bothers me.

I honesty respect that. It hurt watching him get washed but it made sense because then you knew just how bad of a MF Thanos was with just 2 stones that he didn’t even need to use!

He did the what they tell you to do when you take your first step out on the jailhouse yard and take your shot at the baddest MF out there. It then set the tone for everything that’s coming. Like it or not big guy was the baddest dude in the MCU.

I can’t wait to see this again tomorrow.

31306891_10155448792212344_2550200221422321664_n.jpg
31392632_10155448792727344_4585825114100072448_n.jpg

31369111_10155448793022344_4374664661899935744_o.jpg

I personally thought the Red Skull scene was out of left field but necessary. Tied up that loose end regarding what happened to him.

My friend and I were hyped when he showed up but after I saw in the credits that he was played by the dude in Walking Dead and not my mans Agent Smith... it kinda dampened it :frown:

Sn
Black Order was strong but hella watered down. Ebony Maw got offed in the most comical way but he was toying with Doctor Strange. Black Dwarf was a waste, got washed by Bruce in a suit he barely knew how to use. Proxima and Corvus Glave were ok but not spectacular

Thanos washing Hulk was lowkey sad. Like when Gohan got wet up by Frieza lol

I don't remember reading the Russo's ever denying this was gonna be a 2 parter. I only remember them saying that this was gonna be it's own self contained story with a beginning, middle and end.

The end being that Thanos won. A4 is gonna be it's own story with new faces (Ronin, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, Hulk) and dealing with the fallout of this one. Possibly even undoing some of these events. The only cliffhangers to me are what happened to shuri and backing up Vision's essence or whatever.

And as far as Spidey and BP getting dusted, I don't feel like those moments were robbed of any impact just cause I know their sequels have been greenlit. Everyone was for sure that one of the of avengers wouldn't make it and assumed that those 2 (plus Strange) were safe. But obviously that's not what went down. Our expectations were subverted and as a result the feels really landed for me with Peter, T'Challa, mantis and drax, gamora and so on. Keeping the OGs alive gives it all a nice "balance".

Plus I figure that Captain Marvel is out doing Nova Corps things and that's why we haven't seen or heard from here. That'll all be explained next summer.

Anyone else chuckle when they cut to the Guardians with "SPACE" across the bottom. They used the motivational poster font and made it look like a motivational poster. I thought it was a gag, but then they used it for every other location.

inspiration-inspirational-quote-and-motivational-poster_a-G-10454121-4990827.jpg

The scene on Vormir was creepy as hell especially seeing Red Skull there knowing it's been about 80 years since he got beamed up :lol:
Whole scene was on some Lord of the Rings ish

Soul World exists and I believe thats the scene where Thanos sees little Gamora before he escapes Thor

How Thanos revealed he had the Reality stone on Knowhere was a crazy way to introduce it again

Battle on Titan was dope and Dr. Strange did his thing as well as Iron Man

Ebony Maw vs Dr. Strange and Wong in the beginning was also :pimp:

Even though it's not permanent, Peter's death was so freaking sad man. The look of despair on his face and when he says I don't want to go, pleading with Tony man. My eyes definitely began to sweat at that point.

Everyone else I was really numb to.

Soul stone theories were true that he had to kill someone for it to manifest itself so Gamora's death didn't mean as much as I would've liked. Knew it was coming

Even though it's not permanent, Peter's death was so freaking sad man. The look of despair on his face and when he says I don't want to go, pleading with Tony man. My eyes definitely began to sweat at that point.

Everyone else I was really numb to.

Soul stone theories were true that he had to kill someone for it to manifest itself so Gamora's death didn't mean as much as I would've liked. Knew it was coming

Thinking about it after a few days,, something that would have made the

"Mass Death" montage better was showing them feeling some effects of extreme suffering/pain before actually dying.

They just kinda disappeared into piles of feathers/ash. The only one shown to be suffering was Spider-Man and I think a large part of it was just him being scared to die

Back
Top Bottom