WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Questions about StarLord.

Is he a more serious character in the comics?

Or is he like he is in GotG 1&2 and in IW up to when he finds out Gamora is dead?
The original version was more sarcastic. Serious to an extent but that wouldn't be the first thing you think of but compared to The MCU version I can see why you'd ask that specifically.

The version that was hit in comics was even more sarcastic, farm but had a sense of humor and was more of the type to roll with the madness while complaining aboit it.

Bendis version was more transitioning to be more like the movie version.

thanos jus pick and choose whose apart of the universe he wants to save and who isnt

Make races extinct oh well that's balance

Itd been better if he viewed humanity as a threat and viewed their spreading across the universe as dangerous to the universe

he did choose when he tried to wipe out the asgradians and killed all the dwarves?

Are these races part of the universe hea saving or not?

He's either "saving" half the universe or hes jus doing what he wants but hes not doing both

he considers those casualties of war to get the stone, it's not necessarily part of his balancing the world

it's not like he went, "ok asgardians, your all going to be wiped just because i choose yall"

if another race had the stone, he'd wipe all of them too to get the stone

if the whole planet earth stood in his way to get to vision, he'd wipe the whole planet to get it no matter what

and he killed the dwarves so no one can stop him and his plan, again more of a casualty than just choosing them for balance

he isn't biased, whoever is in his way, he'll eliminate them if he had to but as you can see in the film he has no problem leaving his enemies alive once he gets what he wants

so the gauntlet chase and balancing the universe are two distinct different goals, not one in the same or one as the result of the other

his ultimate goal is not to balance the universe but to attain the full gauntlet

all that crap about his home and what happened was just filler then and not a real motivation

if the whole anybody stood in the way of the gauntlet then he is not worried about halfing their population so their planet and people can thrive then?

this is an oxymoron

his ultimate goal is not to balance the universe but to attain the full gauntlet

huh?

he only needs the gauntlet to achieve his goal of balancing the universe

you got it the other way around

he isn't using it as an excuse and the film gave no indication that was the case whatsoever

but in attaining the gauntlet hes actively disrupting the balance of the universe by genocide

so either these races hes exterminating are part of his goal to balance the universe or not

if not then his goal is the gauntlet not balance

like i cant say i want to help you get from point a to point b (balance) but i also want to be strong enough to do it (gauntlet)

so im going to cut you in half to make sure im strong enough (gauntlet)

now i can get you across (balance)

but youre dead cuz i cut you in half

so its one or the other

i carry you whole body or im not strong enough to do it

i am really not sure what you're trying to say

he can't do it all at once without the gauntlet, doing it planet to planet takes too much time

with the gauntlet, it's not about it making him stronger but for it's ability balance the universe

i mean his main goal is to balance the world and then rest somewhere til the end of his days

which he accomplished

if the gauntlet allowed him to snap his finger and then it weakens or nearly kills him, he'd probably still do it

so you're saying is that Thanos should just go from planet to planet executing half the population, rinse and repeat, instead of getting the weapon that can do it in a snap of a finger?

im saying if he acting converned about the whole universe dont damn genocide species of beings and act like its still half

like for example

the universe is 5 units

in order to obtain the gauntlet thanos genocides 2 units

3 units left

now he snaps half

1.5 units left

but 1.5 is not half of 5

2.5 is

so he didnt "half" the universe he did what he wanted to do

He is carrying out his definition of Balance. Getting the gauntlet with the gems enables him to do it faster. He had his own reasoning for feeling his definition of balance was the solution.

You watch the movie?

Just saw the movie for the first time last night.

It was pretty good but a little overhyped imo.

Black panther was definitely the better Marvel movie this year, by far. Actually top 3 superhero movie ever to me.

But what happened to him and everyone else who turned to ash? I mean they can’t really be dead? I was pissed when I saw Black Panther go. I mean didn’t they confirm a sequel for him and Spidey? I’m not a comic expert or anything so not sure what to expect for the avengers 4

Nate Moore was quoted as saying that if they had anticipated how big a character BP was going to become they would've emphasized him in IW just a little bit more.

When you a boss you do what you want.

And that's cool

Jus don't piss in my oj and ask me if its tangy

In other words hes not deep not insightful not altruistic not concerned w balance or the universe

He didn't care about titan or gamora
Didnt care about black order

But the movie I watched made you think all those were motivations or important

Black Panther overrated as hell.

:smh:

Anticlimactic.

Thanos up there with Heath Ledger’s joker as the GOAT comic book villain.

man you taking "half" too literally as balancing stuff :lol:

did you really want thanos to spell it out that "i am going to cut in half whatever is leftover" :lol:

he just wants to reduce population because resources are finite and that is it

if he has to reduce it on his way to snapping his finger then that is fine

he isn't exactly doing it in a perfect ratio

it isn't any different to what he was doing before the gauntlet, any who opposed him died and then whatever was left he killed half of them

with the gauntlet, he just expedited his goal

Also don’t know how I did it but went nearly a after a month to see infinity war (saw it last week) and it’s the GOAT Marvel movie and then Winter Soldier.

Haven’t seen no trailers or nothing either because trailers = spoilers :smokin

Except when he uses that dagger to illustrate to gamora a perfect balance right?

I'm taking too literally the very point that has been picked up and dropped in here as necessary once it shows how hollow a goal it is

Again killing any number of people in the universe doesnt eliminate inequality so the kids whose parents gets snapped away doesn't thank thanos for resources

Back
Top Bottom