WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I saw it and you're correct, however Ant Man was under arrest and Spidey wasn't. Ant man isn't an avenger anymore than Spidey is in the MCU. Not sure where Luke Cage fits into all this tho. So only certain enhanced beings fall under the accords?

To be fair, Ant-Man was caught. Spidey wasn't.

I mention Luke Cage because he's a powered being who has had multiple run ins with the law and still hasn't been forced to sign the Accords. There hasn't been any real consistencies in making powered people sign the Accords.

No. If he were to sign his identity would become public. That's also why Tony was constantly telling low to the ground so he wouldn't become more visible and have to sign. Outside the Avengers, Inhumans and SHIELD agents, they seem to pick and choose who they force to sign. None of the Netflix characters have had to sign as of yet.

Are Inhumans and Netflix characters apart of the MCU, though?

I mention Luke Cage because he's a powered being who has had multiple run ins with the law and still hasn't been forced to sign the Accords. There hasn't been any real consistencies in making powered people sign the Accords.
I wonder how Spidey escaped back to the US, but AM did get caught. BP pulled the diplomatic immunity card and diddy bopped home like "what!?" :lol:

Oooooooooo.

To think I seriously believed they were going to be in Infinity War.
Hey, I thought they were going to be in IW too.

I thought there was going to be another battle in New York and they'd show up lol.

Although, I really don't know how they would cannonize the Netflix shows because in Jessica Jones, she mentioned 'Spider-sense'. I don't think there was an official name to that in the MCU since Pete just discovered it in IW.

Netflix characters acknowledge the Attack on New York, so yes. I believe they are "in" the MCU. Just not sure where they would fit in the timeline.

iirc, the producers said the current Netflix timelines before the snap... got to look up where i read that

Something minor I would've like to seen is Thor's reaction to the events of Civil War. In the bigger picture it means nothing now. In IW they were dealing with Thanos and in A4 they'll be trying to find a solution to the snap, so there's likely no reason to focus on it. I still would've like to have seen that conversation between both parties and Thor on screen.

Since Spidey is down with Stark I guess he signed the accords to avoid house arrest like ant-man right? Saw ant man & wasp last night, meh.
That's the beauty of being down with Stark on that issue.

He knows Spidey's real identity, gave him an upgraded suit and pretty much relegated him to street crime. Nobody else knows. Not even Ross. Similar to the deal Tony set up in th3 comic event Civil War with the superhuman registration act.

To be fair youre assuming Luke Cage s1 and s2 takes place after Civil War.

Last edited:

He knows Spidey's real identity, gave him an upgraded suit and pretty much relegated him to street crime. Nobody else knows. Not even Ross. Similar to the deal Tony set up in th3 comic event Civil War with the superhuman registration act.

Sorta like the real world, when you down with people with money and/or power, the law doesn't really apply to you.

Yeah I just say all the netflix shows are after A1 but before AoU

To be fair, I'm not assuming. In Jessica Jones season 2 she mentions it's been 17 years since her dad died. The death certificate says that he died in April of 2000. That would have JJ season 2 taking place in 2017. I'm strongly confident that LC season 2 takes place after Civil War. If not, we still know JJ season 2 does which still makes my point about powered people not being forced to sign the Accords.

To be fair, I'm not assuming. In Jessica Jones season 2 she mentions it's been 17 years since her dad died. The death certificate says that he died in April of 2000. That would have JJ season 2 taking place in 2017. I'm strongly confident that LC season 2 takes place after Civil War. If not, we still know JJ season 2 does which still makes my point about powered people not being forced to sign the Accords.
That's still an assumption about Luke Cage though :lol:

There's no connections between LC s2 and JJs2. Where is the certainty for LC s2 being post Civil War?

With all that said, this would not be the first time Marvel made a mistake with their timeline. Even more so between Marvel tv and the MCU.

That's still an assumption about Luke Cage though :lol:

There's no connections between LC s2 and JJs2. Where is the certainty for LC s2 being post Civil War?

With all that said, this would not be the first time Marvel made a mistake with their timeline. Even more so between Marvel tv and the MCU.

No need to be hung up Luke Cage. It was just an example and besides the point. You can insert JJ season 2 there. The point was that there's inconsistencies on how they enact the Sokovia Accords.

No need to be hung up Luke Cage. It was just an example and besides the point. You can insert JJ season 2 there. The point was that there's inconsistencies on how they enact the Sokovia Accords.
There's not really an inconsistency when Marvel tv is actively ignoring and avoiding it outside of Agents of SHIELD.

I'm sure if someone brings up what year JJ s2 should take place in post Civil War, they'd deny it or come up some way to negate it or just admit it was a mistake.

The reason I can say that is why I harp on Luke Cage. He's not even hood famous anymore. Dude is NYC and nationally famous. Got ESPN showing up to him breaking world records. He's such a public figure that its a joke to assume the Sokovia accords are in effect cuz he clearly is fighting crime and a part of some of the collateral damage.

Where as JJ is a low key private eye. While shes not hiding her powers shes not showing off either. She's the type the police know of and probably the FBI as far as being a threat goes but at best is a rumor. Plus shes not in the business of fighting crime so a good deal of the accords doesnt even apply to her since its not the superhuman registration act.

Last edited:
There's not really an inconsistency when Marvel tv is actively ignoring and avoiding it outside of Agents of SHIELD.

I'm sure if someone brings up what year JJ s2 should take place in post Civil War, they'd deny it or come up some way to negate it or just admit it was a mistake.

The reason I can say that is why I harp on Luke Cage. He's not even hood famous anymore. Dude is NYC and nationally famous. Got ESPN showing up to him breaking world records. He's such a public figure that its a joke to assume the Sokovia accords are in effect cuz he clearly is fighting crime and a part of some of the collateral damage.

Where as JJ is a low key private eye. While shes not hiding her powers shes not showong off either. She's the type the police know of and probably the FBI as far as being a threat goes but at best is a rumor. Plus shes not in the business of fighting crime so a good deal of the accords doesnt even apply to her since its not the superhuman registration act.

Which proves my point that the Accords only seem to effect the Avengers. That’s the original statement that I made.

Zik so spiderman technically a criminal or nah? He didn't sign the accords, he still fights crime, and home coming is clearly after civil war.

Which proves my point that the Accords only seem to effect the Avengers. That’s the original statement that I made.
More like the accords only exist in the MCU. Since Ant-Man isn't an avenger and it effected the **** out of him.

The tv universe is only tangentially connected.

Zik so spiderman technically a criminal or nah? He didn't sign the accords, he still fights crime, and home coming is clearly after civil war.
No. Not a criminal.

Stark got him his pass back in Germany.

Damn :lol: Long *** skit ****ting on DC and Batman.

At one point Batman being in Marvel would've been great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom