WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

just keep in mind that now Fox characters can be used or MCU can even think about until everything is concluded and Fox told their shareholders that everything will conclude by the first half of next year

i just know we are going to hear it more than we care to listen that "F4 will be at the end credit of CM" or "XMen films are already in the works" so lets get that out of the way :lol:

This morning Disney and 21st Century Fox shareholders approved the $71.3 billion merger of the two companies, but this is just the beginning of more months of minor hurdles the merger will have to clear before it closes in the first half of 2019.

The meeting actually went pretty quickly since shareholders were voting via proxy for weeks. I was listening to the Disney one and it was pretty much over right after it started as so many votes were already in. What this vote does is lock Disney and Fox into the deal, meaning that no one like Comcast can swoop in with a bigger offer and steal Fox away. There are still international regulatory hurdles they’ll have to clear as Disney and Fox operate in many countries. The process has already started in Brazil and some feel the EU will be the biggest one to get through.

Despite the vote this morning, this does not mean that Disney owns Fox yet and it doesn’t mean Marvel Studios can use the Fox characters yet. They won’t be able to do that until the deal closes sometime in the first half of 2019.

so no deadpool 3? thought ryan said brolin signed on for a 3 movies as cable?

after deadpool and logan, i cant imagine another pg13 film from these 2 characters.

I'd like to think whatever future plans over at Fox is on hold until Disney decides to review them.

This is a good day for the MCU. Disney with that Fox Library will benefit them so much.

so no deadpool 3? thought ryan said brolin signed on for a 3 movies as cable?

after deadpool and logan, i cant imagine another pg13 film from these 2 characters.

Deadpool can be done in a PG13 manner. Just need to have him acknowledge the change and try to find ways around it. If done right, it would be hilarious.

With how much violence filmmakers get away within PG-13 nowadays, Wolverine can kill with the best of them. Just less blood.

Deadpool can be done in a PG13 manner. Just need to have him acknowledge the change and try to find ways around it. If done right, it would be hilarious.

With how much violence filmmakers get away within PG-13 nowadays, Wolverine can kill with the best of them. Just less blood.

after what audience experienced with deadpool and logan, going back to pg13 would be a 5 steps back. no matter how good or funny they try to make it imo and I hope disney realizes that.

you cant make something amazing like this pg13.

It will be. 9/10. Like why mess with the formula? but if it did happen I don't think it would be that big of a deal. Gotta watch the movie before I judge it.

they'll probably keep Fox as a separate division and make R-rated films there

Disney didn't just buy their old properties back, they bought a slew of franchises

like chances are Alien and Predator films aren't going to be made under Disneys banner but something like Avatar could fit in (hell they already have a whole land built based on the franchise in WDW)

after what audience experienced with deadpool and logan, going back to pg13 would be a 5 steps back. no matter how good or funny they try to make it imo and I hope disney realizes that.

you cant make something amazing like this pg13.

what role did eriq la salle play in here i dont remember

they'll probably keep Fox as a separate division and make R-rated films there

Disney didn't just buy their old properties back, they bought a slew of franchises

like chances are Alien and Predator films aren't going to be made under Disneys banner but something like Avatar could fit in (hell they already have a whole land built based on the franchise in WDW)
Disney has other film studios so Predator and Aliens can drop under a studio they own or they can create a new studio to house its R rated features.

-C7ZFiSvMQwHRVdfsO7BZ988fPZOzaJzpY7xeTNXsvI.png

Soon..

i know they used to own Miramax and was a distributor for Touchstone but do they still own any other studios these days?

plus it's already under Fox and if they are keeping the name in some capacity then just keep some those properties in there

i know they used to own Miramax and was a distributor for Touchstone but do they still own any other studios these days?

plus it's already under Fox and if they are keeping the name in some capacity then just keep some those properties in there
Just looked it up, they sold or closed everything that wasn't Marvel, Pixar, LucasArts. They could use Fox like you said or change its name and R movies drop there.

Does Lucasfilm and Pixar count?

Touchstone Pictures was just Disney's mature label. Nothing more.

Like when Who Framed Roger Rabbit was in production, it was going to be released under the Walt Disney Pictures banner, but it became a Touchstone Pictures film after

I expect 20th Century Fox to be what Touchstone was that after it gets absorbed.

Back
Top Bottom