WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I’m talking about the one that was like the animatrix, but yes you’re right. The dark knight returns part 1 and 2 might be the second best Batman movie of all time behind TDK. 1000000000 times better than BVS

Ohhhh you mean Gotham Knight! Yeah that was hella dope!!! It was like a collection and I think one of em was done by a big time anime production house but i forgot which.

Ahh you reminded me i need to track that BD down.

Find a giant tyrion to make you a gauntlet, find the stones, and flourish. Except when you snap your finger it’ll give all nt’ers m3’s , thiccc women to sit on our faces, and unlimited chick-fil-a even on sundays.

Consider it....

80E9E8F8-DC70-4EE8-8F5E-8B8FD79E4061.gif

Done.

Reactions: ARK
Find a giant tyrion to make you a gauntlet, find the stones, and flourish. Except when you snap your finger it’ll give all nt’ers m3’s , thiccc women to sit on our faces, and unlimited chick-fil-a even on sundays.
That's heaven on earth... lol

Robert Downey Jr. Gave Chris Evans a Captain America-Themed Camaro

The handouts extend to real life

Went to a special engagement screening of The Dark Knight on IMAX last night.

It's still the GOAT, idc idc. Debate you're grandma if you think different.

TDK > MCU.

Period.

Carry on.
:lol:

Get that syphilis treated.
Not true. Reason being, any MCU movie ALWAYS makes you feel and know you're watching a CBM. You can't take out the hero/main character and replace him/her and it still feel like the same movie.

TDK universe makes you forget it's a CBM. If you take out Batman and replace him with say John McClane or Jack Reacher you'll still have the same movie. You have to really think about certain elements to realize yeah that's BS but it's Batman.

Example, Bruce and Lucius recreating the bullet fragments in a computer program to get fingerprints. It's done so well you think oh yeah high level CSI stuff, till you realize wait that's impossible lol

Sorry but as much as the MCU is good at what it does, they haven't toppled TDK from the #1 spot IMO. They've come close, but not enough.
This is false on several levels.

You can specifically do that first thing with The Winter Soldier.

Not at any moment in TDK do I forget its a cbm when you got a dude dressed up as a bat and a lunatic with a clownface as the main characters.

Meanwhile you can literally replace Rogers with Ethan Hunt to get the same great movie. If replacing the main character is even a thing worth praising.

The bullet fragment talk reads like nonsense.

Much prefer when real life techniques ppl aren't aware of are implemented in criminal investigation to the extent they come off as fiction.

Robert Downey Jr. Gave Chris Evans a Captain America-Themed Camaro

The handouts extend to real life

:lol:

Get that syphilis treated.

This is false on several levels.

You can specifically do that first thing with The Winter Soldier.

Not at any moment in TDK do I forget its a cbm when you got a dude dressed up as a bat and a lunatic with a clownface as the main characters.

Meanwhile you can literally replace Rogers with Ethan Hunt to get the same great movie. If replacing the main character is even a thing worth praising.

The bullet fragment talk reads like nonsense.

Much prefer when real life techniques ppl aren't aware of are implemented in criminal investigation to the extent they come off as fiction.

You lost the moment you said winter soldier. Rogers: Superman strong pretty boy, created by an experimental serum, who slept in ice for 50 years. Bucky similar type super soldier/assasin with an arm made of imaginary alloy that’s indestructible. Also took a nap in ice for 50 years.

Yeah both replaceable by an Ethan Hunt type character

No i do enjoy CBM movies, very much so.

However I appreciate more the fact when a movie takes a bigger than life made up character like the Batman, super rich billionaire who dresses up in a costume at night to beat people up, and makes you believe that it could be possible.

Similar to Richard Donner's Superman with the best tagline on the poster, "You'll believe a man can fly."

If you think about it, Donner's Superman and Nolan's Batman could exist in the same universe because they crafted their characters to be believable.

I'm not sure I understand you. Believable how?

I don't see what's so plausible and believable about a billionaire who is orphaned and grows up to fight criminals in a batsuit and a man who is an alien from outer space

You can make yourself believe its a not a comic book movie when you watch batman and superman but when you watch the Avengers you mark their movies down because you can't forget it's a comic book movie?

Are you trolling?

You lost the moment you said winter soldier. Rogers: Superman strong pretty boy, created by an experimental serum, who slept in ice for 50 years. Bucky similar type super soldier/assasin with an arm made of imaginary alloy that’s indestructible. Also took a nap in ice for 50 years.
These characters origins have nothing to do with the comparison you were making.

It you want to go detail for detail you can not replace Batman with Jack Reacher or John McClane. That's ******* ridiculous. Do you know anything about McClane or Reacher?

Neither are wealthy billionaires who parents murder they witnessed in an alleyway that spurred on their motivation to stop crime.

Let's be serious.

You can't have it one way when you're praising TDK and then get dumb with another movie that is pretty much 1 for 1 in that idea and on point with the replacements mentioned.

Furthermore, McClane and Reacher could not be replaced with Bruce Wayne in TDK. They don't have the skill set or resources. The 2 Jack Reacher movies do not have him avoiding all of law enforcement, taking a trip to Japan to take out one man in a death defying stunt all while trying to prop up a DA for a city so that he no longer has to be a vigilante. It gets even worse with McClane. Do you even Die Hard b? When did he ever take on a bad guy using fear gas? Mans don't even have an origin he's just a cop caught in bad situation doing his best to stop bad guys. Bruce Wayne ain't never had a bleeding wound for near 2 hours while taking on bad guys barefoot. McClane doesn't get signaled by a big spotlight with his face or last name on it at night.

I can go on and on with comic book **** even in Nolan's movies that do not translate to other action films or characters.

Besides that TDK being a movie that you forget its a cbm doesn't make it a better movie. Adds nothing to it.

Yeah both replaceable by an Ethan Hunt type character
You failed at this the second you wanted to go in to detail.

Batman is not some everyman character.

Last edited:
I watched Daredevil for the first time time in about 14 years or so. It was even worse than I thought.

I actually watched the director's cut, which I hadn't seen up until now. While does it makes for a better film than the theatrical cut, it still has many of the same problems. The tone is all over the place in this one. It never knows what kind of film it wants to be.

Just look at this ****:

I bet when Mark Steven Johnson wrote (and later filmed) that scene, he really thought it the audience was going to find it hilarious and ****.
It's cringy as ****, 15 years later.

The MTV-style camera angles are terrible.

Daredevil just comes off like some low-rent Batman.

Elektra doing ninja training to Evanescence just screams 2003. :lol:

On the flipside, Colin Farrell as Bullseye was fun. And Michael Clarke Duncan (R.I.P.) was good as the Kingpin.

Thankfully, the TV series is much better.

These characters origins have nothing to do with the comparison you were making.

It you want to go detail for detail you can not replace Batman with Jack Reacher or John McClane. That's ****ing ridiculous. Do you know anything about McClane or Reacher?

Neither are wealthy billionaires who parents murder they witnessed in an alleyway that spurred on their motivation to stop crime.

Let's be serious.

You can't have it one way when you're praising TDK and then get dumb with another movie that is pretty much 1 for 1 in that idea and on point with the replacements mentioned.

Furthermore, McClane and Reacher could not be replaced with Bruce Wayne in TDK. They don't have the skill set or resources. The 2 Jack Reacher movies do not have him avoiding all of law enforcement, taking a trip to Japan to take out one man in a death defying stunt all while trying to prop up a DA for a city so that he no longer has to be a vigilante. It gets even worse with McClane. Do you even Die Hard b? When did he ever take on a bad guy using fear gas? Mans don't even have an origin he's just a cop caught in bad situation doing his best to stop bad guys. Bruce Wayne ain't never had a bleeding wound for near 2 hours while taking on bad guys barefoot. McClane doesn't get signaled by a big spotlight with his face or last name on it at night.

I can go on and on with comic book **** even in Nolan's movies that do not translate to other action films or characters.

Besides that TDK being a movie that you forget its a cbm doesn't make it a better movie. Adds nothing to it.

You failed at this the second you wanted to go in to detail.

Batman is not some everyman character.

Ok so I may have mispoke in my analogy. I didn't mean characters like Ethan Hunt or Jack Reacher or McClane could in a sense replace Batman in TDK.

What I meant was you could take the "element of the Batman" out of that move and it would still be a great movie that makes sense and IMO it makes it better than an MCU film because of that.

TDK transcends the CBM moniker because if you take Batman and the Joker out of it, you still have a great movie that makes sense without those things. Joker can just be a highly disfigured guy, he doesn't need the face paint. He's not like the comic book version where he's disfigured because he fell into some toxic chemicals, he just decides to wear it.

Again just my opinion and another reason why TDK is the GOAT CBM and tremendous regular movie overall.

Let's not forget it's 8 academy award nominations and 2 wins.

Gonna try to catch the IMAX 2D screening of Thor Ragnorak on Monday since i only saw that on regular 2d last time (not even dolby :smh:)

What else yall trying to watch for the Marvel 10th annivesary?

Ok so I may have mispoke in my analogy. I didn't mean characters like Ethan Hunt or Jack Reacher or McClane could in a sense replace Batman in TDK.

What I meant was you could take the "element of the Batman" out of that move and it would still be a great movie that makes sense and IMO it makes it better than an MCU film because of that.
My comparison stands then.

Take the element of Captain America out of The Winter Soldier and what you still have is evil secret organization existing within a public peacekeeping force and their brainwashed assassin with one operative and some allies fighting to stop them.

When I think about it more you can take the element of the main character out of a few other cbm and it would still be great. It works even better for Black Panther. The concept can easily be a movie without any Marvel ties.

TDK transcends the CBM moniker because if you take Batman and the Joker out of it, you still have a great movie that makes sense without those things. Joker can just be a highly disfigured guy, he doesn't need the face paint. He's not like the comic book version where he's disfigured because he fell into some toxic chemicals, he just decides to wear it.

Again just my opinion and another reason why TDK is the GOAT CBM and tremendous regular movie overall.
Yeah, I don't think it transcends cbms at all.

Like it being a good/great movie outright should be enough.

Nobody is pigeon holding cbms and saying it's good for a cbm.

Its either good or its not.
This is wild fraudulent :rofl:

This is like empty padding of stats. Please list the nominations and what they actually won for.

This would be like me praising Infinity War as transcending all of film and then adding in some random nugget that it's an academy award winner..... for sound mixing :lol:[/quote][/QUOTE]

My comparison stands then.

Take the element of Captain America out of The Winter Soldier and what you still have is evil secret organization existing within a public peacekeeping force and their brainwashed assassin with one operative and some allies fighting to stop them.

When I think about it more you can take the element of the main character out of a few other cbm and it would still be great. It works even better for Black Panther. The concept can easily be a movie without any Marvel ties.

No you can't because the main hero is an artificially created super soldier who possesses super human strength and stamina (umm he holds on to an helicopter in Civil War), that was frozen in ice for 50 years then "resurrected" . He's the story.

You said backstory has nothing to do with it but it has EVERYTHING to do with it. Capain America is a superhero based on super powers that are in-humanly and scientifically impossible. I don't care how much steroids you jab into someone, you won't get Steve Rogers.

Batman is just a well trained fighter who happens to have armor and weapons that are within the scope of current technology and plausible. Owning them yea that's beyond the scope but that stuff like that exists? Yeah. Take any top UFC fighter that's scary huge and well trained in BJJ, Muay Thai, etc. Give him batman armor and send him out to jam people criminals up.

A Batman is plausible. Captain America is not.

This is wild fraudulent :rofl:

This is like empty padding of stats. Please list the nominations and what they actually won for.

This would be like me praising Infinity War as transcending all of film and then adding in some random nugget that it's an academy award winner..... for sound mixing :lol:

The Dark Knight Academy Award Wins and Nominations:
Best Supporting Actor
2009 · Heath Ledger
Winner
<-----------
Best Sound Editing
2009 · Richard King
Winner
<------------
Best Cinematography
2009 · Wally Pfister
Nominee

Best Visual Effects
2009 · Nick Davis, Paul J. Franklin, Timothy Webber, ...
Nominee

Best Production Design
2009 · Nathan Crowley, Peter Lando
Nominee

Best Film Editing
2009 · Lee Smith
Nominee

Best Sound Mixing
2009 · Gary Rizzo, Lora Hirschberg, Ed Novick
Nominee

Best Makeup
2009 · Conor O'Sullivan, John Caglione Jr.
Nominee

Gonna try to catch the IMAX 2D screening of Thor Ragnorak on Monday since i only saw that on regular 2d last time (not even dolby :smh:)

What else yall trying to watch for the Marvel 10th annivesary?

I saw Iron Man today. Im going to catch Captain America: TFA tomorrow at noon.

No you can't because the main hero is an artificially created super soldier who possesses super human strength and stamina (umm he holds on to an helicopter in Civil War), that was frozen in ice for 50 years then "resurrected" . He's the story.
Yes you can.

Cap is not the story.

You either completely didn't get The Winter Soldier or you don't get the Dark Knight as well as you think you do.

Cap's origin is irrelevant to the plot of TWS.

You literally can swap Cap out for Hunt, WS for Keri Russel's character from MI3

You said backstory has nothing to do with it but it has EVERYTHING to do with it. Capain America is a superhero based on super powers that are in-humanly and scientifically impossible. I don't care how much steroids you jab into someone, you won't get Steve Rogers.
This has nothing to do with The Winter Soldier.

If you really think Cap is just the as formula and that's all that defines the character, you don't get it at all

You need to make up your mind whether or not you're talking about the movie or the superhero. Cuz if we're going to talk about Batman in detail there's literally no one else you can bring in to do what he does. Especially not Jack Reacher or John McClane of all action heroes.

That's emphasized even more when we get to the actual plot of The Dark Knight.

Batman is just a well trained fighter who happens to have armor and weapons that are within the scope of current technology and plausible. Owning them yea that's beyond the scope but that stuff like that exists? Yeah. Take any top UFC fighter that's scary huge and well trained in BJJ, Muay Thai, etc. Give him batman armor and send him out to jam people criminals up.

A Batman is plausible.
No he's not :rofl:

Batman isn't just anything.

He's a genius in several scientific fields. He's mastered all martial arts. Dude is at peak physical fitness, strength, and health at all times. That's just to start.

Maybe some of the **** Nolan had Bats do you're ignoring or it flew over your head.

Cuz if not you made up this context and when shown an equal comparison go to a bias to try to dismiss it. Everything you're bringing up for Cap can be brought of for Bats to make your point null and void.

:lol: Exactly my point.

We got one posthumous win and sound editing. Then those noms

Not origins screenplay or adapted sceeenplay, not best picture. Best production design nom though.

That helps the idea that it transcends cbms :lol: Nah

A Batman is plausible. Captain America is not.

Let's be real. A Captain America type is way more plausible than a billionaire orphan that grows up to become a crimefighter :lol: IRL he wouldn't be diving out of planes without a parachute and holding a helicopter still with his bare hands, no...but an enhanced soldier is still way more likely than Bill Gates's son becoming an expert hand to hand fighter :lol:

Back
Top Bottom