WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

We got the Avengers Infinity War trailer at the end of November 2017. Maybe we get a Captain Marvel trailer (or teaser trailer) in September-October at the latest.

Not hyped for Captain Marvel. Actually I'm more hyped for Comic Con next year for Marvels big announcements than Captain Marvel movies.
Why you think Marvel gonna be at Comic-Con next year?
He is a black mutant/X-Men now but I ain't gonna pretend like he wasn't intended to be half Filipino and besides that he isn't A-list, if you read the comics is used every now and then in between long, breaks and given his concept is pretty damn similar to Cable I'm not sure he even has a hook.

Bishop is worth mentioning in the sense he's the only black male mutant ppl who know a bit more can mention.

Been pretty insulting how the X-Men ran with that type of appropriation all of the 90s.

They've been copying the lbgtq community concept wise now for like a decade and there's a whole bunch of gay and bi mutants. Turning OG X-Men gay and everything.

no spidey?
38711969_1904848556487813_8490329459977617408_n.jpg

https://100soft.shop/collections/new/products/10-years-marvel-emoji-print

Went to a special engagement screening of The Dark Knight on IMAX last night.

It's still the GOAT, idc idc. Debate you're grandma if you think different.

TDK > MCU.

Period.

Carry on.

i'm gon' see if i can catch a showing tonight

So are a lot of CBMs

Not true. Reason being, any MCU movie ALWAYS makes you feel and know you're watching a CBM. You can't take out the hero/main character and replace him/her and it still feel like the same movie.

TDK universe makes you forget it's a CBM. If you take out Batman and replace him with say John McClane or Jack Reacher you'll still have the same movie. You have to really think about certain elements to realize yeah that's BS but it's Batman.

Example, Bruce and Lucius recreating the bullet fragments in a computer program to get fingerprints. It's done so well you think oh yeah high level CSI stuff, till you realize wait that's impossible lol

Sorry but as much as the MCU is good at what it does, they haven't toppled TDK from the #1 spot IMO. They've come close, but not enough.

Not true. Reason being, any MCU movie ALWAYS makes you feel and know you're watching a CBM. You can't take out the hero/main character and replace him/her and it still feel like the same movie.

TDK universe makes you forget it's a CBM. If you take out Batman and replace him with say John McClane or Jack Reacher you'll still have the same movie. You have to really think about certain elements to realize yeah that's BS but it's Batman.

Example, Bruce and Lucius recreating the bullet fragments in a computer program to get fingerprints. It's done so well you think oh yeah high level CSI stuff, till you realize wait that's impossible lol

Sorry but as much as the MCU is good at what it does, they haven't toppled TDK from the #1 spot IMO. They've come close, but not enough.

this just doesnt apply to CBMs.. terminator 1 and 2 are great movies.. jaws is a classic.. Jurassic park, another classic.. back to the future 1-3

the realism of the movie doesnt make it any more great or less great..

i mean IM seems more realistic to me than say alien/aliens.. ex machina, another classic.. i feel like it's BS if someone is going to limit a particular film just because of perceived notions of a particular genre

hell i'd more more inclined to say IM is the most realistic CBM movie (just keeping it DC and marvel) considering some of the things that takes place in nolan's batman trilogy, especially the TDKR

i agree certain films werent really that great but did better because of the source, but i think there are legit good movies that were made along the way.. and as the genre became more recognized, the consistency with which good movies from the CBM genre also came

like look at homecoming, you could substitute that story for any kid that gets powers and his to deal with every day life as a kid.. it feels grounded, outside of the whole spiderman story.. alot of these movies dont simply rely on X character name carrying the film, they are legit good stories being told

it's why MCU outperforms the DCEU, they tell good stories.. and we know they started this whole thing without their A characters, which were sold off to other studios

On a technicality, the trilogy didn't involve mutants, superhumans, space.

neither did IM.. and it's not really him going out and fighting those things.. he built a machine

i could see some sort of actual ironman suit being built at some point, not saying soon but some point.. there is no way in hell i could believe a man with just some extra padding and martial arts training would be able to pull of the things batman did in that trilogy

neither did IM.. and it's not really him going out and fighting those things.. he built a machine

i could see some sort of actual ironman suit being built at some point, not saying soon but some point.. there is no way in hell i could believe a man with just some extra padding and martial arts training would be able to pull of the things batman did in that trilogy

I would love for IM to be some real life.

And I think it is possible.

Back
Top Bottom