WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I don’t think so. I mean they haven’t done lower tier characters justice with the properties they do have. Most villains have been one offs. Others been regulated to Netflix or NBC.

I always thought growing up Captain America and Iron Man were B-List heroes. But marvel made them all stars in the MCU.

I feel like MCU X-men they'll make us care about the lower tier mutants and do a Logan character last

I agree.. but I wonder if they go the Spider-Man route and just go with an established xmen team

Or they slow build them and let cyclops actually develop and other non wolverine/professor x/magneto/mystique characters

I always thought growing up Captain America and Iron Man were B-List heroes. But marvel made them all stars in the MCU.

They were, Marvel sold off the rights to the A list characters.. and even some of the B list

Then got rights back for some after failure elsewhere

But marvel being doing work with their lower end properties, like GOTG, antman and dr strange

This is just facts.

The Avengers also were a b-list superhero team that were less popular than the X-Men and at a time even the F4 that never really paralleled the Justice League as the premiere superhero team until the 2000s.

if we did a draft in the mid 90's of the top Marvel characters I don't think an avenger character would even be top 10

if we did a draft in the mid 90's of the top Marvel characters I don't think an avenger character would even be top 10

I think ironman and hulk would crack top 10, those cartoons during the 90s were aiiright

Obviously not factoring in Spider-Man

But curious how xmen and fantastic 4 would go in a draft, cause doom as a character prob goes over f4 individual characters

I only knew about the avengers as a kid was from playing the arcade game in the 90s lol..

I always thought Iron Man was kinda cool as a kid but Spiderman and the X-Men were definitely my favorite.

the 80s/90s cemented the X-Men as the top dogs at Marvel with spider-man following, the avengers were watered down and all over the place with the variant characters and variant teams (West Coast Avengers lol) and every damn character ever in Marvel being an avenger at one point or at the same time

The stability of the 00's and then the MCU really cleared everything up. even through 65 giant crossovers per year and the sequels to last years crossovers

Xmen and Spider-Man were definitely the top..

But if we're going individual characters, it's going be wolverine high and then who from the xmen if we're doing a draft back then?

Gambit and rogue was my favorite x-men growing up, because of the cartoons

Fox-men did not do these two characters justice, at all

I don't think Rogue is who she is without the southern accent and Captain Marvel's powers. So not sure if I'm going to see that version of her in the mcu for a while given how they are positioning captain marvel to be a core Avenger

They were, but when you lose F4, X-MEN, Spider-Man and Hulk, your b-team becomes the focus. By getting them all back, there’s less reason to go so deep in their bench.

^ the hulk's rights are still funny, but yea other studies screw ups have been marvel's gain.. like crap hulk, daredevil (and Elektra) and punisher movies

Surprised fox kept trying to hold on to f4 even though they made 3 crap movies, well 4 if you include that 90s one to keep the rights

Wolverine was more popular than Spiderman and had way more appearances in comics, Marvel or DC (I think), than any other character (at the time of Death of Wolverine for sure). That’s why he was brought into the Avengers to give them relevancy.

But if as it was suggested we're doing a marvel characters draft from the 90s, who is the 2nd xmen character to go and how high would they go?

Wolverine
Jean/Phoenix
Magneto
Rogue
Archangel

I liked Gambit but it was more his swagger than his powers.

I definitely thought Magneto was more dope. Archangel was so filthy to me. Rogue with that tight outfit with the jean jacket was legendary. And Phoenix.. no more to be said.

Was never a big Jean fan, otlher than the Phoenix saga.. and I was taking rogue over her EASILY, storm too

but I'd take a bunch of xmen villains before I got to gambit or maybe colossus.. like magneto, juggernaut, mr sinister and apocalypse

Magneto would be a clear 2nd pick for me

Marvel in the 90ss i would think hulk would def be somewhere in there atleast 8-10
I would even say arguably cap but he would be 10-12

Punisher would def be in there. I would say punisher in the 90s is what deadpool has become in the 2010s.
You saw atleast 1 person a week with a punisher shirt or tat. He was marvels batman equivalent

X men wise...
Top 3 in the 90s
Wolverine
Gambit
Cable./Phoenix/magneto

Not a popular idea, but I almost feel like X-Men would be better off in the tv medium than film.

Not a popular idea, but I almost feel like X-Men would be better off in the tv medium than film.
The problem is we love powers which is the reason x men were always popular too me. We had x men that could destroy cities.
Tv dont have the budget.
X men in opinion had the better enemies and story

Back
Top Bottom