WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

One could argue that CM trailer showed too much.
So for you the trailer showed too much AND it was not exciting :lol:

Captain Marvel has a different set of circumstances for its trailer which is why it showed that much

Binary? I would’ve saved that. I would’ve saved the Skrulls
So you would've showed close to nothing. Just her flying, cut scenes, shots with the Kree, some Fury and thats it?

Still would've more than what Dark Phoenix showed though :lol:

The heart of the X-MEN films have always lied in Charles and Erik’s relationship.
I think that's the problem. With what 7 movies now, a semi reboot along the way the X-Men should be more than that and can portray so much more. The heart of the X-Men is not Charles and Magneto's relationship. Its multifaceted. So the heart of the X-Men movies should be more than that.

ESPECIALLY for a movie that's supposedly based on the Dark Phoenix story. No reason at all to hamfist Charles and Magneto in to it. That just kinda shows how in 18 years they've failed develop the characters of a Marvel property that is rich with characters but this isn't about badly Fox has failed with the X-Men trailer. I'm just talking about how boring the trailer was.

If it seems like a rehash
It is because IT IS a rehash. They ****** it up the first time and this time doesn't indicate they've done much better. The lack of creativity given the Dark Phoenix story is layed out so well is ridiculous. Kinberg appears to limit and shortchange the story in doing that.

Dark Phoenix is suppose to be an epic X-Men story. The film should be that. The trailer does not convey that at all.

It seems obvious to me that the Captain Marvel trailer is holding back

Whereas with Dark Phoenix I'm not convinced the same is true.

So for you the trailer showed too much AND it was not exciting :lol:

Captain Marvel has a different set of circumstances for its trailer which is why it showed that much

So you would've showed close to nothing. Just her flying, cut scenes, shots with the Kree, some Fury and thats it?

Still would've more than what Dark Phoenix showed though :lol:

I think that's the problem. With what 7 movies now, a semi reboot along the way the X-Men should be more than that and can portray so much more. The heart of the X-Men is not Charles and Magneto's relationship. Its multifaceted. So the heart of the X-Men movies should be more than that.

ESPECIALLY for a movie that's supposedly based on the Dark Phoenix story. No reason at all to hamfist Charles and Magneto in to it. That just kinda shows how in 18 years they've failed develop the characters of a Marvel property that is rich with characters but this isn't about badly Fox has failed with the X-Men trailer. I'm just talking about how boring the trailer was.

It is because IT IS a rehash. They ****ed it up the first time and this time doesn't indicate they've done much better. The lack of creativity given the Dark Phoenix story is layed out so well is ridiculous. Kinberg appears to limit and shortchange the story in doing that.

Dark Phoenix is suppose to be an epic X-Men story. The film should be that. The trailer does not convey that at all.

Yes, a trailer can show too much and not be exciting. Are you going to try and tell me that showing binary was necessary in the trailer? You basically summed up the trailer in your first paragraph, save binary and a skrull

Your argument is how CM will be a better movie and that’s at the heart of your responses. You’re going too deep. You’re expressing your feelings and dissatisfaction for the previous films and conveying them into the trailer. I can understand how it’s difficult to separate the two. First film was trash. But you can apply most of your flaws in the Dark Phoenix trailer to the CM trailer. It’s just already set in your mind the film is going to be trash and can’t connect with the trailer because of that, which I understand. But really, the CM trailer is not as good as you’re convincing yourself that it is. They’re both meh.

Jean absorbing the Phoenix shot > Binary shot. That was so unnecessary and random lol. Should’ve saved it for trailer #2

The binary shot is really not that unnecessary

When I saw her going binary I didn't think 'oh wow I didn't think that was going to happen'

I was pretty sure she was going binary, anyway

Agreed.

But most CBM trailers have some epic moment in them, thats hers.

Still hate that the football scene in TDKR was in the trailer. Wouldla been wild seeing that in the movie for the first time.

Yes, a trailer can show too much and not be exciting. Are you going to try and tell me that showing binary was necessary in the trailer?
No. It just didn't feel like too much to me at all.

Your argument is how CM will be a better movie and that’s at the heart of your responses.
No. I genuinely feel the CM trailer was far better and the Dark Phoenix trailer was boring ****.

That's been the heart of my responses. I've stressed very clearly how bad I think that trailer is. I haven't even talked about how I think CM will be a better movie. That isn't worth talking about cuz it's a given.

You’re expressing your feelings and dissatisfaction for the previous films and conveying them into the trailer. I can understand how it’s difficult to separate the two. First film was trash.
They're all tied together. Dark Phoenix isn't a reboot. Its a continuation of the last movie.

I can see in that trailer the same flaws from X3. I see the repitiveness from First Class, DofP, and Apocalypse. Its even worse due to the **** deus ex machina of the Phoenix force defeating Apocalypse. Its like they told us we're rushing right back to that cuz we're not good at this despite having endless material to adapt.

But like I clearly said the circumstances for Captain Marvel and it's trailer are completely different for Dark Phoenix and it's trailer.

You can't pretend it's the same.

But you can apply most of your flaws in the Dark Phoenix trailer to the CM trailer.
No you can't. There is no staleness, boring lack of action, or repititiveness in the CM trailer but one of the reasons why is cuz there haven't been any previous CM movies :lol:

I've very clearly stated what I dislike about the DP trailer. There's no way you can apply that to CM. We've seen some of the villains for CM, it wasn't filled with an overdramatic score with lots of talking and walking rehashing the same things.

They aren't really that comparable given one is a solo and the other is a team.

And again the X-Men are suppose to be in space in this movie. There's no signs of that AT ALL. Yet I'm pretty sure Captain Marvel will go in to space in her movie. Pretty sure.

It’s just already set in your mind the film is going to be trash and can’t connect with the trailer because of that, which I understand.
Me thinking the movie was gonna be trash before the trailer has nothing to do with me seeing the trailer and thinking it's not good and boring.

I thought Aquaman was gonna be awful. The trailer changed my mind a bit.

Sometimes trailers confirm what you thought, other times it's the opposite. My mind wasn't set on anything.

But really, the CM trailer is not as good as you’re convincing yourself that it is. They’re both meh.
I think it's the opposite.

The DP trailer is that boring. The CM trailer is better by default.

This version of the trailer manages to have more action with the same boring score and dialog

Jean absorbing the Phoenix shot > Binary shot.
You seem to be distilling both trailers down to just that :lol: That's ******* crazy.

Its like the only thing you could get from both that can be compared

That was so unnecessary and random lol. Should’ve saved it for trailer #2
I think you're totally overrating the whole going Binary thing. Its nothing like the Phoenix. Its just another ability of Carol's.

You're talking about it like it's the Phoenix force as if it rarely happens.

Its not.

Doing too much :rofl:

So Avengers: The Last Avenger? Too much avenger in the title. Just The Last Avenger is pretty cool but sounds better as a solo flick.

Last edited:
Marvel probably doesnt know the title yet

Also.... The Last Jedi.
They wanna stay away from anything that reminds people of that.

I REALLY wanna see Marvel Zombies.
Some Halloween inspired titles

Avengers: The Avengening
Avengers Apocalypse
Avengers Bloodlines
Avengers Afterlife
Avengers Rise of The Mutants
Avengers Infinite
Avengers 4Eva (Cardi B voice)
The Thanos Imperative
Avengers Hel On Earth

Back