WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I think it's funny one of the criticisms of Brie is the height... Like no one complained about Hugh Jackman being so tall for Wolvie whose supposed to be fierce 5'2".

Man, I hate hate hated the Wolverine movies... Logan was ok, but the previous 2 & all them X Men movies were terrrrrrible..

Thor is supposed to be like 6'6" in comics, perhaps taller... They have to do the old Yul Brenner trick in shots to have him standing on stuff to make Hemsworth look towering.
To this day Hugh is a horrible comic book Logan. He is iconic tio Logan forever though

The cgi in the last BP fight scene has the graphic quality of mobile Marvel games.

Hugh Jackman is one of the oddest miscast in CBM film history but he at least had passion for the role. I haven’t seen anyone mention anything about Brie’s height. What’s wrong with her height??

And I’ve met Chris Hemsworth before, he’s a behemoth in person. He’s probably like a solid 6’4 240-250. Shook my hand and made me feel so puny. :lol: really cool in person
I've met him to, he's def swoll but I think he's 6'2" maybe a generous 6'3". They have him standing on stuff to make him look a lot taller in movies.

Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi there's some sexism for sure but I think you're taking general character complaints as evidence of sexism.

Things I've mentioned (as someone who's never read comics and had no knowledge of these characters prior to Netflix):

Joy in Iron Fist- Annoying, but not because she's female. They wrote her character to be EXTREMELY frustrating to deal with. Her entire season 2 story was "You lied to me about my psychopath, murderous father being dead, so I'll ruin everything in your life!" Which makes NO SENSE to me. It's pretty obvious they were trying to protect her, which she seems to understand, but she decides to plot against them anyway.

The scene where I almost threw up my hands was where Ward was begging to reconcile with Joy and began talking about "I had the bags packed and everything. I wanted to take you and run away from Dad forever, but I was too scared" and her reply was"Well, that's cool and all, but you didn't, so..." :stoneface:

I complained about Jessica Jones before too, but again, not because the character is female. I had no knowledge of her background from the comics, so it was frustrating to see a character purposely antagonizing people that were helping her or being nice to her. But then (I forgot who it was) someone in the show said something like "you purposely avoid relationships with people because you're afraid of letting them down later" which pretty much clears up her personality to me.

Karen was just a bland character to me; you could take her out and the show wouldn't miss anything.

Even the Star Wars example, yes there are sexist trolls that use the movie as a crusade against women, but most people here were complaining about "wait, she JUST got a lightsaber and immediately defeated Kylo Ren. And how is she taking out all these guards with 3 days of training" while Luke in the OT and Anakin in the prequels got their @#$ kicked by a dude who can barely move in a mechanical suit and a 70 year old (even after year/years of training)

If it matters I've also complained a lot about IF being lame in Season 1, Fisk being a creepy and annoying simp with his "Vanessa!!!!" BS, Diamondback being the WOAT villain, etc.

A lot of comic fans took issue with Jackman's height at first and I don't recall any issue with Brie's height? If someone did it was probably just one goofy person.

a lot actually complained about Jackmans height especially since he didn't start out as shredded as he was in the last couple of films

even to this day they want someone like tom hardy to play the next wolverine because dude is a short and stocky dude like logan

i'm still of this view.. give me 5'9 stocky hardy.. over 6'2 jackman

we've seen hardy basically play wolverine, or how i think wolverine should be played, through couple of his roles (warrior, mad max, tdkr, lawless, legend, taboo and even bronson)

Lol, Tom Hardy is 5'9" though. :lol:

I know that's not "real" tall but that's not short either considering a lot of these NTers are like 5'7" & what not... >D

I had to begrudgingly like Logan though because I hate hate hated the first 2 Wolvie movies... He is my favorite comic character & what "they" did in those first 2 movies is unforgivable especially the way "they" butchered the Japanese story line.

you can't really compare movie/tv height to nt height :lol:

hardy as bane looks puny next to 6foot plus bale in tdk but that also makes him look stocky

not many 5 feet tall actors out there that has the acting chops and body for wolverine, 5'9" is workable as they can make him look shorter via forced perspective while jackmans height made it too difficult to get everyone else on a platform to make him short :lol:

but yeah, 5'9" is short when you got other actors 6foot plus along with their stun doubles and some actresses are 5'10", and if he gets the part just make him hunch a lot since thats wolverines stature anyways and he'd easily look 5'4"-5'5" and that is probably the best you could ask for when it comes to comic accuracy in films for that role

unless you get Radcliffe or Woods on that Batfleck diet :lol:

Woods?

As in Elijah?
elijah-woody-harrelson-meme-1024x1024.jpg

him and harry potter are the only two actors i know that are that short, hell they are even shorter than tom cruise :lol:

radcliff is also at least semi ripped already or can get there easy enough

Tom Holland is short too. But Peter is supposed to be 5’10 ish and Holland is about 5’7-5’8 so it’s not too big of a deal. Plus he truly embodies the role, even more than RDJ as Tony Stark

3591B8CD-5519-4FF9-9BCB-F03C783E071A.jpeg

77C52B96-86EF-432E-8D04-CC351682498B.jpeg

E6C77F96-8AF4-488B-B0D1-3F1422167BD4.jpeg

Tom Holland looks like a young version of dude who played the President (Fitz) in Scandal. Future Uncle Ben casting?

ihust1e ihust1e I'm with you on the Captain Marvel casting, not sold on Brie. Heck, they could've cast a woman of color and I would've been more with it TBH.

"But Peter is supposed to be 5’10 ish and Holland is about 5’7-5’8"

Yall wanted him to be a kid........

:smh:

Still Team Andrew :pimp:

Tom Holland looks like a young version of dude who played the President (Fitz) in Scandal. Future Uncle Ben casting?

Nah he doesn’t look like he’d be smashing Marissa Tomei

"But Peter is supposed to be 5’10 ish and Holland is about 5’7-5’8"

Yall wanted him to be a kid........

:smh:

Still Team Andrew :pimp:

I still have a soft spot for Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man and the amazing series as a whole but Holland conveys that need to do right much better. Webb’s interpretation of Peter is kind of a scumbag :lol:

Both are leagues better than loser Tobey Maguire though. Will never understand why Raimi made him such a pushover. Crying over a chick your homeboy smashed :sick:

hollands spidey is suppose to be 14-15 iirc so him being shorter works, he's not a full on adult yet

ive said it before but i am not sure he can play a college 20-something peter since he looks so young and his height doesn't help

hollands spidey is suppose to be 14-15 iirc so him being shorter works, he's not a full on adult yet

ive said it before but i am not sure he can play a college 20-something peter since he looks so young and his height doesn't help

i could see them pulling an RDJ, where he got them lifts going

They give him the “golly gee willickers” kind of charm I feel like so they can progressively make him more mature in each film. Holland comes off as pretty mature in his interviews as well so I can see him as a college freshman or sophomore Spider-Man personally. Same with Zendaya she comes off as really mature in interviews.

Back
Top Bottom