WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I look at Brie the same way I look at Gal Gadot. People were doubting Gal's ability to carry WW, but I had faith from the start.

People were justifiably critical of the choice of gal because of how thin she was.. to her credit she went and worked out and added weight

People were also critical of health ledger when cast as the joker because of what they saw of him to that point.. when the initial images surfaced those concerns went away

To me, king Kong is the biggest concern.. love her as an actress, but not sure she is cut out for this (or that) type of role

Jus seen this, does make sense tho
83B6FEC3-B212-4143-9C86-822AF1390F7E.jpeg

I just feel like they are doing a bit toooo much to shoehorn the fact that it’s a HEROINE...They don’t need to do that, we all she’s a woman and they plan on having her lead the new group...Theo whole “girl power” angle seems gimmicky.
First time ever avreeing with steezy but hes right...i feel no need to do this when WW did that already
You can already tell this is the case. They already made their minds up about her. Similar to Gal's situation before WW came out
Not quite the case. But i do see them wanting to get more tix sold and the female demographic is low when it comes to a lot of action adventure movies. So like ww. The comic fans will come support off rip and now women who want to support women things will.
They have to play it up like this..

First time ever avreeing with steezy but hes right...i feel no need to do this when WW did that already

Not quite the case. But i do see them wanting to get more tix sold and the female demographic is low when it comes to a lot of action adventure movies. So like ww. The comic fans will come support off rip and now women who want to support women things will.
They have to play it up like this..

I'm talking about people's reception to Brie. Not Marvel's approach

Lmao ironically I was literally having to defend BP’s CGI during that final act against my boy who is a HUGE DC fan and tries to act like Justice League wasn’t a “turd in the wind”

4DD5062A-E9F4-4686-8D2B-1012679BDC20.png

Man, as a whole NT is a big pile of woman hating misogynist males. Ya'll complain about female leads in Force Awakens, Rogue One, Wonder Woman, & any shows that have women characters like House of Cards, Daredevil, etc... :smh::lol:

Ya'll hate some wimenz...

ThoseDisguisedAsianelephant-small.gif

Man, as a whole NT is a big pile of woman hating misogynist males. Ya'll complain about female leads in Force Awakens, Rogue One, Wonder Woman, & any shows that have women characters like House of Cards, Daredevil, etc... :smh::lol:

I see people claim this yet haven’t seen anyone actually say it. Where has someone said “this movie sucks people a female is a lead”? Wonder man having a problem with a female lead??

I dont hate women but I think Captain Marvel looks weak.

Sexism is certainly at play when it comes to female-dominated movies and criticism. But the actual criticism tends to get lost in the shuffle because of it.

Like I ******* hate TLJ. But I have to constantly read about how the criticism of the movie comes from the standpoint sexism and misogyny and not a terrible script. I saw articles that blamed the hatred for the movie on Trump supporters brigading Rotten Tomatoes or people taking issue with heroic female characters.

Like no that movie was ******* trash man.

That projection.

Wimenz is amazing.

Yeah too many cape wearers in here quick to call foul if you dismiss anything female led. Captain Marvel doesn’t look bad cause there’s a female lead, Captain Marvel looks bad because it actually LOOKS bad.

And they're so blatant with it.

The hate is real.

I hate it, I saw some lHEAVY low key racism for Black Panther that I knew was going to happen. I think with the Captain Marvel its gonna be even worst because being labelled a "sexist" in society isnt as bad as being labelled a "racist"

Yeah too many cape wearers in here quick to call foul if you dismiss anything female led. Captain Marvel doesn’t look bad cause there’s a female lead, Captain Marvel looks bad because it actually LOOKS bad.

Everyone knows once you not like one thing about a movie, you go on a crusade. You had a 3 month post rant on IW even before you saw the movie and committed to being that way until you saw it :lol:

I dont hate women but I think Captain Marvel looks weak.

Sexism is certainly at play when it comes to female-dominated movies and criticism. But the actual criticism tends to get lost in the shuffle because of it.

Like I ****ing hate TLJ. But I have to constantly read about how the criticism of the movie comes from the standpoint sexism and misogyny and not a terrible script. I saw articles that blamed the hatred for the movie on Trump supporters brigading Rotten Tomatoes or people taking issue with heroic female characters.

Like no that movie was ****ing trash man.

Everyone knows where my disdain for that movie comes from and it has nothing to do with Mary Sue *** Rey. Rey had every reason to be Luke Skywalker’s daughter and for there to be an ACTUAL story behind the film and the events but Kathleen Kennedy legitimately being sexist would rather Rey be the strongest jedi randomly rather than fall in line with patriarchal design that dealt with the sins of the fathers past...you know the actual story line that Star Wars was built on.

I’m sleep though.

daredevil?

does he mean jessica jones and her never wash jeans?
No, I meant Daredevil. There is a lot of online & NT hate for Karen Page. I thought the character was fine.

This last season of DD was solid, but a lot of dudes on NT had sooooo many negative things to say about everything about Karen Page.

Now that you mentioned it, there's a good segment of hate for Jessica Jones to.

Last edited:
Did you see TLJ?

Rey being as strong as Kylo after 2 days watching Uncle Luke milk some aliens tiddies and go fishing...that wasn't forced?
Rey was as strong as Kylo in TFA :lol: TLJ just pretended like she got trained and was as skilled.

Really don't got anything to do with feminism and more to do with a direct order. The creatives just did a poor job of executing that.

No, I meant Daredevil. There is a lot of online & NT hate for Karen Page. I thought he character was fine. Now that you mentioned it, there's a good segment of hate for Jessica Jones to.

outside of them dusty jeans, not sure what there is to hate.. i mean if we talking netflix shows, nothing is topping this dude (justifiably):

mgansjwolb3alkym0pzj

Back
Top Bottom