WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I just got back from watching Captain Marvel.

Brie Larson was alright. She was at her best when she's not really talking.
Samuel L. Jackson as a mostly comedic version of Nick Fury was surprising, but great.
Ben Mendelsohn was so great.
Goose the Cat was awesome. Yeah, a cat.
I liked the subtle 90s references in the film.

It was a decent origin film, but it's a mid-tier MCU film at best.

I really loved the All-Stan Lee Marvel Studios intro, I got chills afterwards.
I also enjoyed Stan Lee playing himself in his cameo...reading a Mallrats script!
Ben Mendelsohn's babyface turn in the films was so damn good. Him and Sam were the highlights of the film.
The Skrulls not being the villains was an interesting twist.
Maria Rambeau and her daughter Monica were a good addition.
Hiding the Tesseract in a Happy Days lunch box was funny. :lol:L

I was a little disappointed that we didn't more Phil Coulson in this film. He's not in it for that long, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Why?

Spoilers don't bother me.. but use the spoiler tab.. please

Basically turns out that the Skrulls aren’t malicious and it’s the Kree that are bad. Skrulls looking for somewhere new to live so they can escape being executed by Kree for not falling in line and being their subordinates. It’s a cool twist because they’re shown as the bad guys up until like midway of Act 2. Ben Mendelsohn kills it as Talos. But essentially by the end of the movie it’s established that Carol’s found them a new place to live far away from the Kree and that they’re not the enemy.

Believe it or not you mentioning that after my second viewing made me enjoy it that much more. Basically get our homage to her going Binary as Ms Marvel in X-Men from the comics. Then they definitely have to nerf in some form or fashion seeing as how we still don’t know what powers she possesses outside of flight, super strength and photon blasts. Believe it or not her hand to hand combat was some of my favorite from all of Phase 3, they did a great job.

The skrulls are probably the most unforgivable part of the movie, would’ve loved the twist if they weren’t responsible for one of my favorite stories in all of comics. I’m sure Disney knows what they’re doing though so I will trust in Feige!

By the way hope you’re doing well brother! Been a while since we chatted!

Im good fam! Getting over a stomach virus, but doing good :lol: thanks for asking!

Yeah fight choreography was dope, she actually held her own well! Humor was very well timed too...you know I kept thinking the bomber jacket was homeage to Rogue somehow...or does she rock a bomber in the comics?...when she had it on top of her uniform I kept thinking Rogue

Secret Invasion is still happening.

I'm pretty sure.

Russos have said they're retired until it's time to do Secret Invasion.

Just caught the midnight premiere in the UK. Thought it was much better than advertised. There were some choices they made with the continuity that I didn’t particularly like but it didn’t detract from me liking the movie overall. I’m sold on Brie as Captain Marvel. 6/8 for me.

Secret Invasion is still happening.

I'm pretty sure.

Russos have said they're retired until it's time to do Secret Invasion.

Nah Secret Wars. Which I think is gonna be the next arc to happen to introduce X-Men a few years down the line. Especially with the focus on the Eternals and ancient history of the MCU.

Im good fam! Getting over a stomach virus, but doing good :lol: thanks for asking!

Yeah fight choreography was dope, she actually held her own well! Humor was very well timed too...you know I kept thinking the bomber jacket was homeage to Rogue somehow...or does she rock a bomber in the comics?...when she had it on top of her uniform I kept thinking Rogue

Good man I hope the family is doing well! I was thinking about ya when I was packing up some pops to send off lol!

Yeah I was trying to see where the inspiration was for the bomber. Now that you brought up Rogue I can’t help but see that. Comics Carol up until fairly recently would have the airmen uniform IIRC. I know for the more recent arcs, merchandising and video games they gave her the bomber and aviator shades but I don’t remember her wearing her CM suit under it.

Had a few beers before the movie ready to give this movie a nice curve on the positive side and it was still bums:rolleyes

Best part was the first end credit scene.

waiting on the 2nd credit scene in Captain Marvel i’ll write more when i get home.

but i came to say that after this movie, Endgame should be 10 minutes not 3 hours.

she’s WAY too OP

Had a few beers before the movie ready to give this movie a nice curve on the positive side and it was still bums:lol: Best part was the first end credit scene.

After a second watch it really isn’t horrible. It’s a lot better when you take out the publicity and agenda that was shoe horned in there.

Had a few beers before the movie ready to give this movie a nice curve on the positive side and it was still bums:rolleyes

Best part was the first end credit scene.

Really bro? Legit I was on the hate wagon before watching it, but movie sucked me in and in comparison to other McU movies I’d definitely place it in the top 10..

After a second watch it really isn’t horrible. It’s a lot better when you take out the publicity and agenda that was shoe horned in there.
Lol I think you guys just needed to relax about the marketing.

They were marketing to women and I don't see why that should trigger any man.

If the marketing manages to create new female fans then that's beautiful.

waiting on the 2nd credit scene in Captain Marvel i’ll write more when i get home.

but i came to say that after this movie, Endgame should be 10 minutes not 3 hours.

she’s WAY too OP

I think making her powers attained from the tessaract is how they’ll justify somehow Thanos with the Gauntlet nerfing her powers early in the game to level the playing field....of so Marvel legit are genius at connecting the dots...

Lol I think you guys just needed to relax about the marketing.

They were marketing to women and I don't see why that should trigger any man.

Yeah there was a handful of women all around me, my wife included, they all clapped and cheered when she went binary, it was dope to see girls geeking out as much as we do about a comic book character, I think that’s the most charming part of it

Just got back from watching it. The movie was just "okay" imo. Wasn't that bad but wasn't an excellent film, It's solid but not worth another watch. Also... just like someone said a few posts back, I felt like the best part was the first post ending scene it's like I waited all movie just for that lol.

That’s what made it cringeworthy. They really had to play “THAT Song” in the final battle?:rolleyes

Really bro? Legit I was on the hate wagon before watching it, but movie sucked me in and in comparison to other McU movies I’d definitely place it in the top 10..

It’s in the Top 20 for me.
Maybe top 19.
Maybe.

The composer for Captain Marvel has a bright future. If I had to nitpick she might've borrowed too much from the Christopher Reeve superman movies to score the binary scenes.

Besides that she was great. The way the first 3/4 of the movie was scored was lit.

because they are the good guys now, Talon was legitimately the most likeable character in the whole movie and you legit feel bad for the skrulls, also I gotta he honest everyone had great on screen chemistry, Sam Jackson look like he was having a blast
But they’re are the good guys in the past
It’s the present now
Couldn’t it change????
Or nah???

Back
Top Bottom