WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Wait a minute....I just realized the tessaract was found first in that church and RS took it, I guess Marvell passing off as a human scientist was using as a shield agent? So maybe Marvell was Shield? And she was reporting back to the kree....yeah the whole thing is confusing, because unless she had really high clearance I’m not sure how they’ll just let her house it in her lab in space.

Wait a minute....I just realized the tessaract was found first in that church and RS took it, I guess Marvell passing off as a human scientist was using as a shield agent? So maybe Marvell was Shield? And she was reporting back to the kree....yeah the whole thing is confusing, because unless she had really high clearance I’m not sure how they’ll just let her house it in her lab in space.

TFA takes place in the 40s. No reason Marv came to earth much later and was the one who found it in the ocean and was doing her thing with it while on that base? Remember, Fury didn’t even know who she was.

So...

I'm really having a hard time tracking exactly where the tesseract has been between the 40s and A1. Between the 90s and A1, shield had the tesseract the whole time? It didn't go, anywhere else?

It was in Shield’s possession after Howard Stark found it in the Arctic Ocean following Caps crash in A1. Mar-Vell who was Walter Lawson in the comics but Wendy Lawson in the film was a Kree who was able to work her way into Shield and convince them that she wanted to develop tech for the tesseract but was actually developing tech to end the Skrulls-Kree “disagreement”, which is why her files are in Shield’s compound. Carol got a chance to be the lead pilot in an experimental run of an aircraft powered by the tesseract energy.

looks like the kree had it first and when Marvell turned heel on them to help the skrulls, she had possession of it and was using it to develop hyperjump technology being that is the space stone, I guess trying to harness its power, then after this movie it connects to why Fury has it during Avengers when Loki came for it....Fury had for 2 decades plus, I’m surprised SHIELD didn’t learn much more about it in that time frame, I wanna know what happened to Goose, or if her BFFs daughter is gonna play a role in the future? She’s probably in her 30’s now.

It had been in earth’s possession for a while. Fury not only moved up in the ranks for Shield but also was left in charge of Pegasus/ all things Tesseract related including the Tesseract because of his personal dealings with the Skrulls and Captain Marvel that everybody within Shield would know about. Wouldn’t be surprised if Goose makes a return and has been with Fury the whole time and he ends up giving her to carol once she returns. Also Maria Rambeau’s daughter Monica is s actually the first to take up the Captain Marvel mantle after Mar-Vell died in the comic. She later goes by Photon and Spectrum and I think Pulsar too for a little while (?) in the comics

BF6EEC4D-F080-49EC-8FE2-E72C8193FE25.jpeg

55524F28-E45D-4BB4-B95E-A805C12969EF.png

FA08DADC-E846-4EEE-8C59-BFF5D18BFE83.jpeg

17A60B4A-AC27-4DCE-9AFB-112E9B41BAE3.jpeg

9651C8A6-7B2A-4AAC-BB2C-5997492124D3.jpeg

That’s pretty dope, the MCU is legit expanding under our noses....they’ve introduced a couple of kids already that can lead to their own mini arcs....dope

And your explanation of the tessaract makes the most sense.

So now it seems the MCU is creating one hero per stone

Vision - Mind Stone
SW - power stone
Capt M - space stone
Adam - Soul stone
Strange - Time stone

Just missing the reality stone..

i kind of found this part cringey and too much...

when Fury saw CMs nickname was Carol "Avenger" Danvers and changed the initiative...

felt like the whole theater rolled their eyes :lol:

when Fury saw CMs nickname was Carol "Avenger" Danvers and changed the initiative...

Lol wasn't so bad. Would've been worse if the camera panned back to show he typed it, but the implication wasn't so bad

Totally agree on that. Some other cringeworthy parts for me were
*The scene where the Skrulls rewind her brain to give exposition
*The scene where the little girl gives Carol an exposition of her life
*The way the same little girl swaps her suits colorway
*"higher, faster, stronger baby"

i think at that point they just shoved so much 90s and girl power and that this is going to connect to avengers 4 that it felt like its the last straw :lol:

we really didn't need that last reminder and then right after it says CM will be back for endgame

the suit change scene was yikes af.

That’s pretty dope, the MCU is legit expanding under our noses....they’ve introduced a couple of kids already that can lead to their own mini arcs....dope

And your explanation of the tessaract makes the most sense.

So now it seems the MCU is creating one hero per stone

Vision - Mind Stone
SW - power stone
Capt M - space stone
Adam - Soul stone
Strange - Time stone

Just missing the reality stone..

That's aether in the Thor movie. And Jane absorbs that stones power.

The way Fury lost his eye was such a disappointment, but it was also kinda funny too :rofl:

I feel like they probably had an elaborate scene about how that happens and everything but then somebody just said "wouldn't it be funny if..." and it was a done deal after that:lol:

we really didn't need that last reminder and then right after it says CM will be back for endgame

it’s funny because my theater was overal silent for the film until that and the whole theater was sarcastically like “wow no way”

i think the part about the film that annoyed me the most was how they overplayed the whole “are you a skrull though...” seemingly every time there was a new scene. like we get it

Goose reminded me of....

ujYI9SF.gif

But she’s a nobody now tho...

What was the last mention of her in a movie? Did they even being her name up in Ragnarok?

CM gonna be bigger that Cap because she's fighting galactic oppression in the same way Cap fought Nazis and Hydra.

I already foresee her and Cap having disagreements over leadership style. Unless she's matured a bunch since the 90s

It had to be just me but I loved every one of those scenes you just named :lol: “Higher, further, faster” line was delivered with so much swag. A clear play on “I feel the need...the need for speed” mixed with DeConnick’s sub title from the comic a few years back. Her cameo on the train was awesome by the way :lol:. The movie has some layers.

Some of ya low key a bit sexist, I’m not seeing the issue at all with Marvel pulling this over the top feminist move, down to the release date on International Women’s day...lol

We’ve had pretty much all of the MCU centered around male heroes, with female heroes sprinkled here and there as sidekicks, is it really THAT bad that Marvel made this for women? Almost 2 years ago we praised BP for being so rooted in African culture down to an all black cast, a black producer and literally just 2 white dudes, one which was a running joke for being white, the movie was rich in culture and it was awesome for black kids to now have their own hero in the McU to represent them, but here we are 2 years later, shaming Capt Marvel for being too WOMEN? While the prosecution and hardship people of color have suffered historically can’t be compared to what women have endured, they have also been through a lot historically and to this day in parts of the world are treated as second class citizens, the more I think about it and after witnessing a handful of women in my theater cheer for this character when she showed her full powers and when No Doubt came on, the more I appreciate this film and respect that this one wasn’t made for me as a man to appreciate from my little boys club, but for me to enjoy as a comics fan and for women to now have a heroine in the MCU who’s a leading power house.

The crowd at the movie theater I was at laughed at most of the jokes and didn't really cringe at any of the stuff you guys mentioned.

Only thing I cringed at was her toes and that ugly run of hers...lol

Come to think of it, I’d rank this movie right above GOTG that’s prwtty much where it fits in my power rankings....I was very vocal about how I thought she was a miscast and didn’t think this movie would be good at all before watching it, so my opinion is pretty unbiased at this point.

I loved the movie. Been said Brie would be dope :pimp:

They fixed her feet in the movie :rofl:

The pics that been posted were a few years old I believe?

Skrulls thing has me a bit...

Didn’t like the No Doubt jam in there

redacted: not even going to get into the sexist argument because that is just an easy escapegoat to point fingers on those who may have some sort of criticism over the film

please stop with the sexist schtick, all the airport she's too good to be hit on crap was all for fun and jokes

yall cant just use the "you're sexist thats why you dont like the movie" move like people were trying to pull with the last ghostbuster film

there are good and subtle ways for female empowerment, they didn't need to put "just a girl" in that fight scene just because

its not that its being "too women", they didn't need to slap it in your face every 5 minutes to make sure you know this is all about girl power

Why exactly didn’t they “need” to? I don’t think their point was ever to be subtle about what this movie was, it’s really no different than going around saying how BP is “too black” from the get Marvel was VERY clear about driving that point home, same way they did with this one, didn’t BP release during BHM? You can’t say things like they are tooooo on the nose about girlpower as man and not come off as sexist...Marvel made this for little girls to have their colorful, super powerful heroine....Wonder Woman did the same, but on a more serious, subtle tone which was a point made before, but I allude that to DCs style which is completely different from Marvel.

Back
Top Bottom