WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

So was brie able to pull off the military aspect of the character?

She kinda reminds me of Jesse eisenberg, obviously a terrible choice for lex and I wouldn't really buy him as a military person either.. but he can play the reluctant hero, like zombieland or even like American ultra

Like I could definitely see her pulling off the character if say she got her powers by accident.. but it's her pulling off that military aspect of the character that concerns me

Marvel Studios is attempting to expand their audience. That means sometimes there's going to be stuff in the movie we can't relate to.

It's going to be a slippery slope, cuz men is still the majority of the fanbase so they need to appease both without turning off the other, and I think they might've done a good job.

There's going to be a section of men that will be pissed off no matter what and they're currently trying to tank the RT score as we speak, without likely having seen the movie, but there's nothing we can do about that. No pleasing them :lol:

I have a feeling there was supposed to be more during that biker scene when she was asked to smile. I've seen her filmed fighting that biker but I think Marvel must've figured that'd have triggered too many men so they took it out

It really shines an ugly spotlight on how intolerant we all can be, myself included and that’s because like it was said above, we’ve been taught for years by Hollywood that the good guy is more than likely gonna be some white dude...for every Will Smith we have like 5 Tom Cruises, now think of how many female action stars we have in Hollywood that can lead a role on their own? Probably just Charlize and Scarlett

Can agree with Steezy and RFX,
I didn’t think the song worked. Not because of any sexist thing. I just thought it was off, BUT who in the hell are we to say that song didn’t fit for any other person? The girls and woman could of thought that it went great with that scene.

^^^She did the military aspect of the character really well. What threw me off is when she showed her playful side or was throwing quips, not because she couldn't do it well, but I wasn't expecting it.

It was almost as if they are trying to fuse Steve Rogers and Tiny Stark into one personality. And right now I'm on the fence if that's even possible.

I'm hoping for end game that she loses the military stiffness and she is more playful. That will play to Brie's strengths.

So was brie able to pull off the military aspect of the character

Someone tweeted me this and it seems to answer your question. Although I disagree with her being dull part.

97A62582-064A-49F1-A82F-69F5561B62F3.jpeg

^^^She did the military aspect of the character really well. What threw me off is when she showed her playful side or was throwing quips, not because she couldn't do it well, but I wasn't expecting it.

It was almost as if they are trying to fuse Steve Rogers and Tiny Stark into one personality. And right now I'm on the fence if that's even possible.

I'm hoping for end game that she loses the military stiffness and she is more playful. That will play to Brie's strengths.

Funny enough, that was the baggage chris Evans had going in to playing cap because of being human torch and then that high school parody movie

And I've seen a lot of complaints about the no doubt song.. I see your point about 10 year old girls, but I doubt it resonates with 10 year old girls because the song is over 20 years old.. you're playing it for the nostalgia and the girl power connection, but I can see how there are more subtle ways to do it without hitting you over the head and doing too much

I thought the song was appropriate and during a scene that was messy anyways so it didn’t have to fit as if it was choreographed, but I can understand how others would have liked something that “flowed” better, not sure what that would have been, but ok....whole criticism in here about the song is mostly because is titled “I’m just a girl” and that this was the tipping point of how much feminism we should be tormented with...lol like cmon fam...:lol:

Na. That’s not the main criticism of the song. It just didn’t flow well.

I would of much preferred WW theme there :lol:

When Nirvana came on :pimp:

Also liked that we didn’t get any forced relationships in here.

I didn’t think the song worked. Not because of any sexist thing. I just thought it was off, BUT who in the hell are we to say that song didn’t fit for any other person? The girls and woman could of thought that it went great with that scene.

i am not saying it didn't work fit for everyone or that no one should like it but to be called sexist just because it didnt work for us? :lol:

and even after saying " it might not resonate to you because its made for girls" and still to call yall sexist? :lol:

"its meant to be on the nose" but people doesn't like films telling them the point for the 100th time so now you're a sexist...? :lol:

i think ksteezy just want to bundle everyone up in a certain category

"you didnt like it = you're sexist"

i am viewing strictly as a moviegoes and i get the message and how its for little girls and female empowerment but as i said WW did that just fine, if not better and little girls are all over it and i didn't feel like it forced

i mean we are talking about the movies with our experience in the theater, do i really have to have a to say "i know this is for little girls so the song all of a sudden works for me"?

Funny enough, that was the baggage chris Evans had going in to playing cap because of being human torch and then that high school parody movie

And I've seen a lot of complaints about the no doubt song

On our way out the theater me and the wife spoke about Evans whole turn around as an actor, we forget these are good actors at the end of the day, Evans been invested in this role for 10 years and it shows his growth, dude went from comic relief to strong lead at what is now the cool kids table of Hollywood...I doubted Brie, but this was her first appearance, she’s an Oscar winner and she won me over with her performance over all and leaves much more room for her to fully be fleshed out, origin stories are not easy and this one was sandwiched in a toughhhhhh slot, so with that in mind she delivered and the movie did me justice for what it was, an appetizer, because now I’m even more excited about the Entree....

I thought the song was appropriate and during a scene that was messy anyways so it didn’t have to fit as if it was choreographed, but I can understand how others would have liked something that “flowed” better, not sure what that would have been, but ok....whole criticism in here about the song is mostly because is titled “I’m just a girl” and that this was the tipping point of how much feminism we should be tormented with...lol like cmon fam...:lol:
Most people complaining that the no doubt song is shoehorned in and didn't fit in with the rest of the score probably are the same people who wanted marvel to put in the immigrant song during Thor's entrance in IW tbh.

Someone tweeted me this and it seems to answer your question. Although I disagree with her being dull part.

See that’s crazy to me. She goes from writing off a a strip mall security guard and challenging Fury’s authority and intelligence to a nick name for little Monica and washing dishes and cracking jokes with Fury about the Marvelettes. It’s very nuanced character growth. She never relinquished her space experience but she did full on accept her earth experiences. It fits with who she is in the comics and who she needs to be in the MCU. She’s the opposite of Star-Lord. And the No Doubt song to me was intentionally in your face. I can understand the cringe from others but you have to look at it in the context of who Carol was before she became Starforce Vers. Karoke, Janis Joplin costumes...that was Carol true self coming out. Both Earth and Space. Layers...

i am not saying it didn't work fit for everyone or that no one should like it but to be called sexist just because it didnt work for us? :lol:

and even after saying " it might not resonate to you because its made for girls" and still to call yall sexist? :lol:

"its meant to be on the nose" but people doesn't like films telling them the point for the 100th time so now you're a sexist...? :lol:

i think ksteezy just want to bundle everyone up in a certain category

"you didnt like it = you're sexist"

i am viewing strictly as a moviegoes and i get the message and how its for little girls and female empowerment but as i said WW did that just fine, if not better and little girls are all over it and i didn't feel like it forced

i mean we are talking about the movies with our experience in the theater, do i really have to have a to say "i know this is for little girls so the song all of a sudden works for me"?

Every other minute during BP we were reminded how black this film was, I think that was the point, call it redundant or whatever, that wasn’t something as non black male I could judge the film on, because yes if I said “ok enough with the blackness” that **** would be racist....if anything that redundancy and unapologetically driven point is what I actually enjoyed about the film, because as I said many times, T’challa SUCKED, the CGI sucked, the fight Choreography was very Meh....these are the things I judged it on...initially I cringed at the “hey auntie” line by killmonger, but after talking to dudes in here I had to retract that because, I don’t think that punchline was intended to resonate with me at all...so I understood why many guys actually thought it was a great line.

I thought the song was appropriate and during a scene that was messy anyways so it didn’t have to fit as if it was choreographed

see this to me is you just giving it a pass and i'll say it for 100th and last time, i get the point but it still felt forced

"the scene was messy so throw in a song that didn't fit anyway so that it looks like it fits"

Most people complaining that the no doubt song is shoehorned in probably are the same people who wanted marvel to put in the immigrant song during Thor's entrance in IW tbh.

how does this make sense?

has that not become thors theme and loved? thats like complaining about the avengers or star wars theme song not being played

and people weren't saying thors entrance was forced because of the music, just that "it would be cool if..." scenario

not even the same at all

Every other minute during BP we were reminded how black this film was, I think that was the point

despite that, it didn't feel like it was "too on the nose"... not to me...

and that was my point, there was a subtle way of sending your message without it being forced and the difference between the films

do it with great performance... great scenes... music that fit... it all worked

not a single time did it made me feel like "that is just awkward or out of place" not even that "hey auntie" scene, i just thought it was a funny punchline that i laughed at

but even if that scene didnt work for me, id say it and should not be made to feel like a racist about it not "resonating" with me :lol:

I'm over the No Doubt song but I would've gone with this one if you really wanted to drive the 90s feel home. The way that Star Force battle felt light hearted anyway, they could've tailored the choreography to fit this song easily. Hell, you could probably just drop this song over it as-is and it'll still fit.

I'm over the No Doubt song but I would've gone with this one if you really wanted to drive the 90s feel home.

Yeah this woulda been dope too....but like I said, when that “im just a girl” dropped and she started whooping ***, I’m sure some 30 year old female comics fan or hell a No Doubt fans eyes lit up, my wife loved that Album...so she was HYPED.

despite that, it didn't feel like it was "too on the nose"... not to me...

and that was my point, there was a subtle way of sending your message without it being forced and the difference between the films

do it with great performance... great scenes... music that fit... it all worked

not a single time did it made me feel like "that is just awkward or out of place" not even that "hey auntie" scene, i just thought it was a funny punchline that i laughed at

but even if that scene didnt work for me, id say it and should not be made to feel like a racist about it not "resonating" with me :lol:

I’m not sure how you felt BP was subtle bro, joint was ALL ON YOUR FACE with it from beginning to end, which I think was Cooglers point from the jump.

Yeah this woulda been dope too....but like I said, when that “im just a girl” dropped and she started whooping ***, I’m sure some 30 year old female comics fan or hell a No Doubt fans eyes lit up, my wife loved that Album...so she was HYPED.

For the record, my jam on that album was Spiderwebs.

I haven't watched yet.. but the 1 thing you gotta give chris Evans credit for, he has played the various aspects of steve's character well and believably even with the kinda off CGI in first avenger and weak story of that movie

Because steve's not supposed to be an exciting character but he has a lot of things going that called for subtle emotions.. first avenger you had his eagerness then his power up and then being the pitch man having reality hit him to then having to go back to ignoring rules to save his friend then he's the hero and thrust into uncomfortable position and having to do (all of sudden a girl is hitting on him and he's has his own team for missions) and then he's a man out of time and then his friend comes back and it's the conflict with the more affable/charismatic/loquacious character

Cap like batman, are supposed to be the straight men of a comedy.. the other people around them are the color.. they're like Tim Duncan or bill belicheck, they're there they're boring but job comes up they deal with it next hurdle arises deal with that

But to get back to the point of brie, as long as she plays the character well enough, like with cap and Thor and even spiderman marvel studios can give the the character better material

I’m not sure how you felt BP was subtle bro, joint was ALL ON YOUR FACE with it from beginning to end, which I think was Cooglers point from the jump.

it worked for me, i don't know what to tell you

coogler did it right... i didnt feel like i was being told of "black power" every chance they get... the culture was there and he immersed you to the world so maybe everything just fits without it being too much

but i am starting to see a picture of how you view movies and ill just leave it at that

i loved BP and i liked CM but we shouldnt call those who didnt like it (or parts of it) racist or sexist

Back
Top Bottom