WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

On our way out the theater me and the wife spoke about Evans whole turn around as an actor, we forget these are good actors at the end of the day, Evans been invested in this role for 10 years and it shows his growth, dude went from comic relief to strong lead at what is now the cool kids table of Hollywood...I doubted Brie, but this was her first appearance, she’s an Oscar winner and she won me over with her performance over all and leaves much more room for her to fully be fleshed out, origin stories are not easy and this one was sandwiched in a toughhhhhh slot, so with that in mind she delivered and the movie did me justice for what it was, an appetizer, because now I’m even more excited about the Entree....

See now that I think of it, my doubt of brie is more in line with the doubt I had of Jessie esisenberg as lex and ledger as joker.. to a degree

Both good actors but we hadn't really seen them pull aspects called for for those roles.. Jessie we at least had social network and figured that was the route they would take

And with chris evans, to play cap well you're doing a lot of nuanced stuff because that's the character.. but worst case he's a dull military white guy in great shape

Yeah this woulda been dope too....but like I said, when that “im just a girl” dropped and she started whooping ***, I’m sure some 30 year old female comics fan or hell a No Doubt fans eyes lit up, my wife loved that Album...so she was HYPED.

This I could see, because 30 year old females would know the song and have that nostalgia.. maybe an original song might have been best, get Ariana grande to do something female empowerment

Difference with BP, it was original music so you didn't have history tied into.. and you can link the movie with the songs going forward

Like that beegees album and Saturday night fever.. or the music from grease

But again I haven't seen to judge for myself yet

But to get back to the point of brie, as long as she plays the character well enough, like with cap and Thor and even spiderman marvel studios can give the the character better material

My assumption before going in was that her origins in this movie would follow along the lines of TFA, but whereas you actually see Steve's journey of why he deserves the Super Soldier Steroids, they don't go into that kind of detail for Carol. You get spoonfed them in expositions that some may like and others may find lazy. But to me, I like the Carol Danvers we get in the movie as-is, just fine. She'll be fine in Endgame.

Yea... Bp was definitely in your face and that's fine.

but when you have kendricks song or a traditional african song playing at the right time at the right scene then it works and doesn't take you out of the moment

but ksteezy doesn't seem to understand this :lol:

it can be on the nose and work as long as it flowed

id probably still say hollaback doesn't fit that scene either

My assumption before going in was that her origins in this movie would follow along the lines of TFA, but whereas you actually see Steve's journey of why he deserves the Super Soldier Steroids, they don't go into that kind of detail for Carol. You get spoonfed them in expositions that some may like and others may find lazy. But to me, I like the Carol Danvers we get in the movie as-is, just fine. She'll be fine in Endgame.

Yea.. my legit only concern acting wise was how brie would pull of the military aspect because I just don't see that in her

Like I could see her as the person who randomly gets powers and then has to deal, like spiderman.. but I can't see her as the military stern type, which was my concern

Was also the concern with chris Evans and Jim halpert when both were up for cap, Jim ALOT more because at least you knew chris Evans could pull off the look of white guy blonde hair great shape

hollaback would have been dope too and just as in the nose as I’m just a girl :lol:
Probably the only reason why they didn't use it is because it's not a 90s song.. Shame.

Now that it's in my head I'm always going to wish that they had ran it back and used this song instead lmfao

Yea.. my legit only concern acting wise was how brie would pull of the military aspect because I just don't see that in her

Like I could see her as the person who randomly gets powers and then has to deal, like spiderman.. but I can't see her as the military stern type, which was my concern

Was also the concern with chris Evans and Jim halpert when both were up for cap, Jim ALOT more because at least you knew chris Evans could pull off the look of white guy blonde hair great shape

She's more in line with how Reynolds was Hal Jordan, but without the puppy look he always seem to do for laughs. Or the changing of his pitch when he delivers his jokes. Brie has a sarcastic dry delivery which I kinda like. Dare I say kinda cute?

but when you have kendricks song or a traditional african song playing at the right time at the right scene then it works and doesn't take you out of the moment

Again I haven't seen the movie.. but kendricks music for the film was original

But based off of what I've read.. For BP, it would have been like if they used public enemy's 'fight the power' or unrealistically Tupac or NWA

Last edited:
Again I haven't seen the movie.. but kendricks movie for the film was original for the film

But based off of what I've read.. For BP, it would have been like if they used public enemy's 'fight the power' or unrealistically Tupac or NWA

but my point was if they played kendricks song during tchalla and kilmonger first fight scene then that would have been off putting and id have the same complaint

sometimes you just got to score some scenes and that built up the drama and intensity in that fight scene

An original song would've been nice actually.

Kendrick was nice enough to say yes. I think he at first said no but then changed his mind after seeing bp footage.

She's more in line with how Reynolds was Hal Jordan, but without the puppy look he always seem to do for laughs. Or the changing of his pitch when he delivers his jokes. Brie has a sarcastic dry delivery which I kinda like. Dare I say kinda cute?

I mean the movies I like her in she plays cute, 21 jump street, the spectacular now and Scott pilgrim vs the world

And then the role she won for, she's a victim of a terrible situation

but my point was if they played kendricks song during tchalla and kilmonger first fight scene then that would have been off putting and id have the same complaint

sometimes you just got to score some scenes and that built up the drama and intensity in that fight scene

Yea got ya.. like rocky, just go with the score in those moments

They better have these two fight an army together, just the two of them. In End Game.

'I'll try right side? You take left? OK, let's do it'

They can even make it funny like when the elf and dwarf was tryna one up each other in LOTR

They better have these two fight an army together, just the two of them. In End Game.

I’d be bummed out if she never got to stand next to Spidey. I feel like her costume and the Iron Spidey would look pretty cool next to each other.

They can even make it funny like when the elf and dwarf was tryna one up each other in LOTR

hemsworth is the only one who’s still gonna play his character right? I can see Marvel linking these two romantically.....

hemsworth is the only one who’s still gonna play his character right? I can see Marvel linking these two romantically.....
It'd work better than banner and widow, that's for sure.

I feel like they are going to keep Thor on for a bit. They just overhauled his image in Ragnarok

I don't think they'd need to take it there but if it happens it wouldn't look forced.

Last edited:
Highlighting time period items is the most lazy way to convey when something takes place. Do that with everything not just uber shots of stores that closed down and random song choice clips

but ksteezy doesn't seem to understand this :lol:

it can be on the nose and work as long as it flowed

id probably still say hollaback doesn't fit that scene either
**** took place in Africa half the time. I mean what the hell did y’all want scaled back :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom