WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

was she already a superhero prior to the core blowing up?

didnt her hand glow in front of the military dude when she fell off the rope?

is she an alien for real or is she like starlord?

Originally in the comics she was a regular human that absorbed powers

But recent issues have retconned her to be half kree

Idk how you guys honestly think spidey is going to spearhead the next generation

If marvel had full control over him and Spidey related properties maybe.

But Sony wanna hijack spidey properties that marvel studios could use for the spidey mcu movies Ej. Venom, Morbius Kraven black cat... Who knows what else

If the next deal with Sony keeps Sony from touching spidey's rogue gallery then we can talk

The formation of SHIELD was not depicted in this movie AT ALL.

Who actuall thinks SHIELD was formed in the 90s? :lol: Been existed. Pay attention to any flashbacks in other Marvel movies.

I mean I don’t have civil war in my top 5 but I don’t think it’s mid tier. Anyone who has read the comics knows it was a little bit of a let down. Upper half though
The comic has nothing to do with the movie in this convo.

Especially given all of the changes, the scope, and the stakes.
I mean I don’t have civil war in my top 5 but I don’t think it’s mid tier. Anyone who has read the comics knows it was a little bit of a let down. Upper half though
The comic has nothing to do with the movie in this convo.

Especially given all of the changes, the scope, and the stakes.
Introducing Death the character to casual moviegoers might have been a bit too much for them. I think Death would work better in Deadpool because it's weird enough to actually be funny for an R rated movie.
It mainly wouldn't work cuz they haven't revealed any other marvel cosmic entitty.
duke, you fell asleep during da last 5 mins? Carol "avenger" Danvers photo?
Oh so you don't know what a retcon is.

Cuz you're definitely using the word wrong :lol:

Fury came up with the name of the Initiative. It was going to be called the Protector Initiative. He was not thinking about Rogers at all. There is no continuity problem at all. Nothing was retconned.

The movie was called Captain America: First Avenger but nobody ever calls him the first avenger in that movie or any movie after that. Nobody calls him that in the comics cuz he isn't the first avenger in Marvel comics continuity.

Also it's like nobody even cares what avenger means anymore. Rogers never avenged anything in his life.

Last edited:
Right? :lol:, CM ain’t spearheading anything unless they completely change everything. Can honestly say the movie is in the running for worst CBM of the modern CBM era
what is your modern CBM era and what does it involve? No way this is even close to being as bad. Overreaction

I know this sounds crazy but I really think Andy Park is bunz and like a big reaosn why marvel art direction is basura.

dude somehow got this gig early and finessed his way to being the lead concept artist for every marvel movie, it's INSANE, DUDE IS TRASH.

I’ve been in every MCU thread going back to the first IM and reading someone say CW is mid tier may be the most outlandish **** I’ve ever seen/heard. I’ll chalk it up to you losing one hour sleep from daylight savings:lol:
Don't get me wrong I love CW, but after IW came out it got pushed down a little bit. (Since I consider CW an Avengers film.) IW had a better tone with more at stake, which made it more exciting film for me.

CW is high- mid tier now.

Last edited:
IMG_6937.JPG
If they only actually owned Spidey. There'd be full confidence in that.

Plus a Spidey flick really needs to reach a billi already.

No.

Definitely no.

Nah, not so far in the MCU. If anything she's like Bruce Banner. Absorb a bunch of energy/radiation that should've killed you and it changes you instead.

saw it yesterday.
It was ok, what I expected since it was an origin story.
I do feel that unlike BP and SM to an extent, CM was short changed with the fact that she didn't have a civil war type intro that flowed into her solo movie.
Her stuff in Endgame I'm hoping is akin to how Doctor Strange had his origin film(I loved that too, but can see how people didn't like it) then WOWED me in IW

It really is a gift and talent to seamlessly interweave music in and out of music(james Gunn) some of the music choices and how they were placed kinda killed the mood for me.

That scene with them at the house with Talos had me howling
The part where they load the CD for the audio was funny too.

Stan's cameo might've been the most clever cameo in the MCU, I thought it was brilliant
Everyone clapped during that Marvel Stud10s opening

Mid Credits scene has me hyped even more

glad it did well at the BO

Last edited:
I liked Dr Strange a lot better in IW than in his own movie

I think he may have needed someone like Tiny to play off of.

I am not sure but I wonder if they may be setting BW against CM. It could be an interesting subplot. Here BW is thinking she was Furys right hand man and she knew all his secrets but then out of nowhere comes this woman who claims to have been Fury's friend from 25 years ago

Captain Marvel suffers from Iron Man 2-ism. Trying to tell an solo story while balancing Shield backstory.

I liked Dr Strange a lot better in IW than in his own movie

I think he may have needed someone like Tiny to play off of.

I am not sure but I wonder if they may be setting BW against CM. It could be an interesting subplot. Here BW is thinking she was Furys right hand man and she knew all his secrets but then out of nowhere comes this woman who claims to have been Fury's friend from 25 years ago
You need to watch The Winter Soldier for once and pay attention.

Not only is she not Fury's right and knows it he doesn't even trust her when he finds out SHIELD is compromised.

Maria Hill is more of his right hand than BW.

I don’t care strong Carol is, she ain’t messing with BW. BW is basically OP :rofl::rofl:

that's a problem.

you can't say shield wasn't formed way back in da 90's and then have no recollection or intelligence of da events of da 1st Captain America Movie...
No it's not.

Fury didn't serve in WW2. He's never met Rogers.

And again, The First Avenger was a made up title for his MCU movie. Captain America is literally not the first avenger in comics.

But back to the movies why should Fury have him on his mind when as far as he knows Rogers is dead? You gotta pay attention to what happened in the movie. Fury says he's been restless and trying to figure out where the next enemy comes from. He meets Carol and she opens his mind to the threat of aliens. He comes up with Avengers Initiative to find heroes to take on the alien threat. She inspired that. Captain America fought nazis not aliens.

Also I don't know why you also think SHIELD was formed in the 90s. That was never said or implied in the movie. Fury and the rest were already SHIELD agents. SHIELD was formed by Howard Stark, Peggy Carter, and a few others years after WW2.

Knowing about the events of WW2 has nothing to do specifically with the formation of SHIELD outside of the tesseract being a macguffin. Having that intelligence of WW2 has nothing to do with the Avengers Initiative either. It's basically the same thing with the comics. Nobody calls him first Avenger.

Not sure why you're trying to connect the two.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom