WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Who else in the movie blew up the Sanctuary II just by entering the atmosphere?

She didn't blow it up by just entering the atmosphere lol

But I answered this already about 3x times today. Comic book films don't follow their own rules, so it can most definitely be done by another. We'll leave it at that.

1. In the grand scheme of DC comics Superman's really not that OP. I'm not going to argue the particulars about Superman with someone who is clearly not too familiar with the character's mythology.

2. The comics Captain Marvel is not that OP. I don't like the character because she's bland, has no personality, her origin is uninteresting, she's a weak legacy character, and her only claim to fame is that a more interesting character had her powers for a bit. And unlike Superman, she has no memorable stories despite being around for decades. Unless someone can enlighten me.

3. I don't like the MCU Captain Marvel because of all of the above, because Brie Larson has not sold me with her charisma-free performance, AND because she's OP in the movies.
Yea I'm aware that CM is not that OP in the comics. Doesn't matter power levels in the mcu don't reflect the comics for more than just CM. Look at Scarlet Witch. Thor was nerfed for a while until he got a bit of a Buff. Captain America is strnger in the movies than his comic counterpart.

If you're going to hate on cm's strength because it's not comic book accurate then what about the other characters?

So you're saying you actually liked Henry Cavril's performance. His performance had more personality to you than Brie's?

He probably has to sign another contract but Ruffalo would be stupid not too. He's practically a main star with IM, Cap and BM gone.
I feel like any future appearances will be to write him out or transition to a new Hulk.
Dr. Strange was a unique, cerebral kind of mystical action flick that took thematic influence from the trippy psychedelic decade his character came from.

The lead hero is charismatic, skeptical, and talented yet severely flawed. He's ground down to nothing, physically and mentally, and then built back up and equipped with the lessons of his failures and mistakes.

The lead actor's performance contributes to the character's incorporation into the greater MCU and you want to know how he interacts with other characters as a result.

He overcomes his enemies not because he's more powerful, but because he's more clever.

As a character, it's established that he will have a direct antagonistic relationship with the overall villain of the MCU because he's the keeper of the Time Stone.

Need I go on?

I'll take all of that any day over flerkin, Blockbuster, 90s references, Nick Fury got his eye scratched out by a cat ("The last time I trusted someone...."), Skrull penises.

Seriously that's all I can remember from that movie.
I'm talking about the character not the movie.

And again Strange was charismatic? To me after that movie it was clear there was a l lot of work to be done for future movies. He just came off wild cocky. Not interesting. MCU magic was but don't confuse an interesting unexplored concept for the character. Thats what some like to do for Cap movies ignoring how boring Steve is.

Taika did a great job with the character for Ragnarok and then Russos just made him magical Tony Stark for IW.

Every Marvel character not named Steve Rogers can be described as talented yet severely flawed :lol: What you just described was Tony Stark man :lol:

And again I'm talking about the characters not the movies.

Dont know if you should go on cuz this wasnt really a strong argument to start off with.

So you're saying you actually liked Henry Cavril's performance. His performance had more personality to you than Brie's?
:rofl: @ anyone liking Cavill's uninteresting emo let my dad die dont inspire hope solve problems by snapping necks Superman performance.

Let alone it being better.

Last edited:
The 10th Anniversary picture is still so much fun and is even more special after Endgame

5A13BC16-4DE2-4D9E-903F-56691E05D5BE.jpeg

0A9349ED-51BE-4A4B-8C9A-68289B682046.jpeg

Big felt some type of way about Tom Holland being sat next to the herbs. He should’ve been front and center with Feige, Stan, Evans and RDJ

15BAAA80-2398-4BF2-8F21-15E4EB4A819A.jpeg

Don’t matter, hardest clique in the photo was the top row

5AA65576-7543-4995-A471-583C48AFD4AF.png

And then Auntie Angela showing out

0A329A24-4646-40C0-9240-6C33AF2B3FEF.jpeg

Beautiful

536B3750-0B42-4A40-9CB1-80F2A355C42D.jpeg

So what's going to be the plot device they use to pull the next series of movies together like they did with the stones?

We going to get the first hint of that in FFH?

If anything they nerfed Thanos. This is the man who's name struck fear in Celestials. He killed the Silver Surfer with his bare hands. Captain Marvel shouldn't be able to match up with him.

Yeah but this is the movies. It’s not surprising Thanos was nerfed considering Thor and Hulk has been nerfed severely. I’m referring them to nerfing Iron Man in movie terms in Endgame

Love how they called it the first ten years. It aint going away anytime soon. But Disney will have to come to terms with smaller box office returns.

Thanos power level made sense. IW he destroys avengers with a small cut over his eye with gauntlet.. End game in full attire he puts in work on washed-up Thor, Cap, IM (although IM should've put in better initial fight), gets beat by SW

She didn't blow it up by just entering the atmosphere lol

But I answered this already about 3x times today. Comic book films don't follow their own rules, so it can most definitely be done by another. We'll leave it at that.

She didn’t fire a beam or use a weapon either. I may be misconstruing your point but I think it’s based on the fact that Captain Marvel was said to be the strongest in the MCU and you’re saying she wasn’t portrayed that way, correct? But she gave the Avengers an edge any time she came around and did things they couldn’t do without her, like save Tony and destroy Sanctuary II. I understand where you’re coming from but she played a trump card in a film that if they wanted she could’ve ended in about 20 mins but Carol just came into the fold. The movie isn’t about what she lost (Maria and Monica being mentioned could’ve held weight) but it was about what the core Avengers lost and how THEY could fix it.

Secret Wars could be epic. Revolve it around Doom like the latter event. Bring back Steve and Tony. Make Age of Apocalypse one of the locales. This could almost be built over the next 20 years. Just cgi any actors that are too old or dead. Gotta start negotiating contracts with estates included.

Doom is a LONG way off. I can't see them having Doom be the main big bad for the Avengers before a F4 film.
Why not
He could be the catalyst for f4 to come into the picture
And we don’t know what’s a long way off
Marvel beating to their own drum
Hell The Eternals film
could somehow be his origin film somehow
How
Idk

So what's going to be the plot device they use to pull the next series of movies together like they did with the stones?

We going to get the first hint of that in FFH?

Silver Surfer coming in at the end of Fantastic 4 OR Guardian 3 to warn about Galactus.

Back
Top Bottom