WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Infinity War was definitely beautiful.
All thesecharacters interacting with each other. Battle on titan.

Thor’s entrance.
Strange and Iron Man tryna go at him one on one.
Iron Spider, suit up.

Movie was awesome.

Endgame is leaps and bounds better than IW. It’s not even close imo however this film has given me a new appreciation for IW. I’m in love with the first act of Endgame. The despair of the Avengers humanized them as the desperate losers they’re often portrayed to be. Oh you thought Thanos was playing when he “killed” off half the universe? Like you could just go beat him up cause your big sister came back home from college and fix everything that quick huh? Nah G, you gonna feel this depression for half a decade. And you’re gonna be so hung up on it you’ll be ready to break the space-time continuum to curtail this L. **** is nerd magic man. Bravo!

Someone put endgame into a different perspective for me.

I complained that the first two hours was a bit slow and it only really picks up they last hour.

He said, 'when are you going to see these guys interact again?'. Good point. The interactions we got in the first act, we'll never get again. At least, between the same characters.

i think it's a better kill bill and i love kill bill.. but vol 2 is kinda slower, but i think end game executed the emotion and the slower parts better

infinity war is the 2nd best MCU movie, but i'd rate it after TDK (which also has slow portions).. but end game is the GOAT

Endgame is leaps and bounds better than IW. It’s not even close imo however this film has given me a new appreciation for IW. I’m in love with the first act of Endgame. The despair of the Avengers humanized them as the desperate losers they’re often portrayed to be. Oh you thought Thanos was playing when he “killed” off half the universe? Like you could just go beat him up cause your big sister came back home from college and fix everything that quick huh? Nah G, you gonna feel this depression for half a decade. And you’re gonna be so hung up on it you’ll be ready to break the space-time continuum to curtail this L. **** is nerd magic man. Bravo!
Did you like RDJs acting in this one? I know you disliked his initial reaction to Peter getting dusted.

spiderverse was a hit as far with reviews, but iirc, box office numbers were lower than they hoped for given the budget

spiderverse was a hit as far with reviews, but iirc, box office numbers were lower than they hoped for given the budget

i just think it was a weird sell for them marketing wise.. i think the second film will do better, hopefully they keep phil lord and chris miller around.. but i could easily see it being one of those things where everyone catches on eventually and appreciates what it is and the quality there and then show up for the 2nd and 3rd films

I liked the into the spider verse movie. I hope the sequel makes more money cuz I'd rather Sony make animated movies than make movies like venom.

Did you like RDJs acting in this one? I know you disliked his initial reaction to Peter getting dusted.

RDJ showed some range particularly during his “I told you so” rant telling Rogers it was his fault they goofed but the best acting in the movie had to go to either Jeremy Renner or Paul Rudd. Both of them had moments that moved me. Jeremy Renner turning up on Thor after Widow died was powerful and comical. Paul Rudd seeing Cassie for the first time after he gets out the quantum realm was the most heartfelt reunion. Him also trying to explain time travel to Rogers and Widow as well as him trying to get the point across to Tony and scene with Hulk and the kids were just so much fun.

xoiyvkeni4vcjhjfgnbo.jpg

RDJ showed some range particularly during his “I told you so” rant telling Rogers it was his fault they goofed but the best acting in the movie had to go to either Jeremy Renner or Paul Rudd. Both of them had moments that moved me. Jeremy Renner turning up on Thor after Widow died was powerful and comical. Paul Rudd seeing Cassie for the first time after he gets out the quantum realm was the most heartfelt reunion. Him also trying to explain time travel to Rogers and Widow as well as him trying to get the point across to Tony and scene with Hulk and the kids were just so much fun.

nah.. i cant give renner the best acting of the movie.. to me, it was a toss up of holland in his brief time, hemsworth or scarlett

then i'd say rudd, RDJ, evans, gillian and cooper.. then i'd say renner and olsen.. then i'd say cheadle and brolin.. and THEN i'd say ruffelo and larson

nah.. i cant give renner the best acting of the movie.. to me, it was a toss up of holland in his brief time, hemsworth or scarlett

then i'd say rudd, RDJ, evans, gillian and cooper.. then i'd say renner.. then i'd say cheadle.. and THEN i'd say ruffelo and larson
The only thing I didn't get was the dialogue Hawkeye and Rocket had about returning the Benatar in one piece.

It was like Hawkeye was being an A-hole just to shut him up.

Most of the main cast for endgame acted great and had moments that stood out for me

Best acted Marvel movie for sure, top to bottom.

If I wanted to describe a great acting moment each actor had this post would be an essay.

I'd like them to make more animated movies like Spiderverse with other characters but I dunno how popular it would be. Iron Fist would have been much better portrayed like that instead of the live action show

How did 2014 Thanos go to 2023?

Bad Nebula took the Pym's particle from good Nebula. Went to the future with the other avengers. But after that how did she bring Thanos' ship and his army? There was no Pym's particles left for him to use :nerd:

Bad Nebula took the Pym's particle from good Nebula. Went to the future with the other avengers. But after that how did she bring Thanos' ship and his army? There was no Pym's particles left for him to use :nerd:
Russo’s said the Ma and Thanos were geniuses and duplicated their own. They were super smart. Not to mention years could have passed before they brought their armies over. It just seemed like 10 mins to us in the present (2023)

Yup. What can't be emphasized enough is that we don't know how long it took for them to reverse engineer the pym particles

From bad Nebula's perspective, just a few minutes. From 2014 Thano's perspective it might've taken some time.

then i'd say rudd, RDJ, evans, gillian and cooper.. then i'd say renner and olsen.. then i'd say cheadle and brolin.. and THEN i'd say ruffelo and larson

Holland always brings it but he didn’t have enough time on screen to be anything more than an emotional device. Holland is at his best when he plays the scared but heroic role and we didn’t get a chance to see that. His scene with dead Tony was awesome though. Hemsworth is up on my list too. He might have the best range of all the actors in the MCU. He’s been allowed to show Thor in every facet. Cocky, heroic, comedic, condescending, depressed, blood thirsty. Fat Thor came off equally powerful as comedic. Seeing Thor hit rock bottom like that is one of the deepest aspects of the film. Him going back to Asgard and not even be able to rejoice in seeing his mother again or Jane or his home because he’s become a shell of himself is such a stark contrast to the first time you’re introduced to Thor wrecking **** Jotunheim. Powerful.

Infinity War was more fun to me and even though the Endgame $$$ is gonna top everything when all is said and done, nothing will compare to the hype for Infinity War IMO. That time between Ragnarok -> Black Panther -> Infinity War was greatness
Yeah it was a fun movie, but Endgame better story telling, plus wraps up everyone's arc, and managed to walk a razor edge line and still hit it. Being able to walk that line is way higher in my book. Not downplaying it but IW just set the table, I think that is easier. Endgame walked everyone home and still took care of the big bad twice. Meanwhile hit some of the most monumental moments in comic book history.
Someone put endgame into a different perspective for me.

I complained that the first two hours was a bit slow and it only really picks up they last hour.

He said, 'when are you going to see these guys interact again?'. Good point. The interactions we got in the first act, we'll never get again. At least, between the same characters.
I see we are often talking back and forth on here. Why do you think the first part was slow it was perfect. Literally everyone was crushed, no baseball game to take your mind off things, can't go fishing. Nothing is going on nobody is having fun everyone is depressed. I don't think that is something that can be covered in 5 mins. I like how heavy they made the first part.

Holland always brings it but he didn’t have enough time on screen to be anything more than an emotional device. Holland is at his best when he plays the scared but heroic role and we didn’t get a chance to see that. His scene with dead Tony was awesome though. Hemsworth is up on my list too. He might have the best range of all the actors in the MCU. He’s been allowed to show Thor in every facet. Cocky, heroic, comedic, condescending, depressed, blood thirsty. Fat Thor came off equally powerful as comedic. Seeing Thor hit rock bottom like that is one of the deepest aspects of the film. Him going back to Asgard and not even be able to rejoice in seeing his mother again or Jane or his home because he’s become a shell of himself is such a stark contrast to the first time you’re introduced to Thor wrecking **** Jotunheim. Powerful.

man.. to me holland came in and hit literally 3 homers in his small time on screen and they were just too big to ignore.. he had that 1st interaction with tony where you got a ton of info and dude just nails it, then he has that whole moment with the gauntlet (instant kill, to catching a ride on mjolnir, to catching a ride with valkyrie to even giving CM a moment when he hands it off) and finally when dude breaks down in the end

but yea with hemsworth (and rocket playing off of him) they do soo damn much.. you see him blaming himself, doesnt get involved with the WM vs CM but just gets up and pulls the stormbreaker move.. then dude just goes off the deep end and you see it in his face after the name thanos gets mentioned

same with scarlett, you can just look at her and see how unstable she is while trying to hold things to together.. evans and RDJ were great with conveying alot without saying anything as well, but man with hemsworth and scarlett you just could see how hard that sh was hittin

Naw homie Thor took the cake man he was hilarious. I can't imagine him playing off the Guardians it is going to be CRAZY.
The only thing I didn't get was the dialogue Hawkeye and Rocket had about returning the Benatar in one piece.

It was like Hawkeye was being an A-hole just to shut him up.
Man look at it from Hawkeye point of view, damn raccoon comin at me talking about bring his ship back. Dude literally gave him the ***** response.

Director said "Thanos and his crew recreated the particles", dude is a genius in space earth based chemistry is childs play.

Back
Top Bottom