WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Holland’s Spidey will be around. I think Disney’s side wants to make Peter their next Tony and Sony is only benefiting from that. They’re not gonna reboot him again anytime soon otherwise.
I do want to see Daily Bugle Peter/peak smart *** Spidey sooner than later though.

problem is if you were disney, would you keep making spiderman movies where sony gets to keep the profit?

i mean its offset by disney owning 100% of merch sales from spiderman but if the film starts to make close to a billion, greed might creep in and eventually i think they're gon' want a bigger piece

or sony might be the one that become greedy and pull the plug and put spider in the venomverse

disney got a lot of toys to play with after the fox acquisition too so its not gon' hurt them much and they'll still rake in on the merch

That would suck SO much if Spider-Man finishes his trilogy only to never see him in the MCU again due to contract rights between Sony and Marvel.

Spider-Man is the Mickey Mouse of Marvel. I just don’t see them letting it happen.
Hard to call from the outside looking in though, money ****s a lot of things up.

spideys deal is 3 marvel movies and 3 solo films

pascal said she wanted to extend that deal and with her leaving, we could only hope those who takes over does so

when is she leaving? hope marvel extends before she leaves in the case the person that steps in her spot doesnt want to share.

so marvel has 1 more spidey film after far from home right :nerd:

i wonder if marvel is working up a deal to get spidey back that sony cant refuse.

Sony be stupid to sell the rights back to Marvel. Even for a big $$$.

Hopefully they have another deal in place already. Pascal leaving kinda worries me :lol:

It was a 5 picture deal that Sony and Marvel negotiated with FFH being the 5th film. (Civil War, Homecoming, IW, Endgame, Far From Home) However rumor has it that renegotiations have taken place due to Tom Holland confirming a 3rd Spider-Man solo film going to film next year as well as Sony receiving the green light to produce a Spider-Man television series (rumored to be a cgi series for Into the Spiderverse following Miles Morales). Marvel owns the rights to all their characters in television and still did after the initial deal for Spider-Man was made. With Sony getting to make a series it means Disney compromised for something in return. Note: The case was the same with Marvel allowing Fox to do an X-men series with the Gifted. This was the rubbing elbows that was done that allowed Disney to be on the top of the buyers list for Fox when the for sale sign went up.

Also, Amy Pascal will still be involved with Spider-Man in the MCU even after accepting the first look deal for Universal. In short, Spider-Man in the MCU has only just begun.

Ehh not really excited at all to see an asian kung fu master on screen...even if it's made by marvel studios. That's a stereotypical role for asians in movies that's been done again and again and again. And again.

Now if an asian is Namor. Well. That's something new lol
As a black man I KNOW the feeling, oh you are going to "throw me a bone" with that stereotypical role. However I still would cheer and watch an Asian playing a kung fu master. I would just hope they go all the way in and do with the goal to uplift that nationality. The guy is the "ONE" you go see when you want to know how to fight. Hell he teaches Spider-Man how to come up with his own martial arts style.
Finally got to watch endgame. It was meh for me lol I liked infinity war wayyy better. Honestly endgame was ruined for me long ago knowing RDJ didn’t renew his contract so I already felt confident how it was gonna end for him.
:smh:

tenor.gif

I can understand not thinking it was great, but "meh." Ok dude.

So I guess you also knew exactly what was going to happen with Chris Evans because his contract was up also. Guys always trying to jump out the window with their takes.

Whatever happened to that guy he did Mortal Kombat and like vanished, did he do a bunch of straight to DVD's?
Yeah, ain’t no new Iron Man among them. That’s what’s so hard about him dying. I liked the idea of him living but just retiring. He’d continue to house the Avengers and their upgrade their tech, but would just be off screen until needed.
That is just it the MCU really needs to take the shakles off BP, he is really maybe a half step behind Tony Stark in terms of intelligence. He is the smartest of the smartest in a futuristic society. I personally wasn't holding it against the MCU being as it was his first movie. However in the next movie I hope they stay more true to the comics and show that he really is brilliant and not go the Suri as Q route. Don't get me wrong she is capable, he goes away for a while and she takes over the mantle of Black Panther.

I know it is a pipe dream but it would be nice if they incorporated more from the comics. In case you didn't or someone else doesn't know Tchalla was smart enough to build his own HulkBuster armor after encountering the Incredible Hulk. Also Chad needs to get his physique right, reach out to Thor's trainer and get right. Because of the Panther God he is the equivalent of the super soldier serum. Perhaps in the next one they will have a part where he unlocks more of his true power and gets a lot stronger. Hell based off Civil War they almost made it seem like him and Hawkeye are on equal footing in terms of power/strength.

If cap is looking at thanos’ army then he came on his right >D
Yeah I noticed it but he flew around him and landed on his left.

House of M would be dope, I'm not sure if it would translate on film well.
House of M would be a GREAT ending after another 10 year span of movies. Phase 6 ending with Wanda saying NO MORE MUTANTS.

I’m curious

Has dormammu ever fought thanos in the comics?
Dormammu would wash Thanos, only way he would fight Dormammu is going to his dimension. He is God in his dimension.
Dudes acting like there are some A-list Avengers that arent being used instead :lol:

I wasn't even thinking the roster would be that big (still gotta hope another Spidey deal is made and wouldnt be surprised if Cheadle may want to stop) but either way I already know Feige got this in the bag.
Why do you think Cheadle would want to stop, dude has an easy gig and pays "decent." I would be 70 still trying to suit up as Rhodes.

Whatever happened to that guy he did Mortal Kombat and like vanished, did he do a bunch of straight to DVD's?

That is just it the MCU really needs to take the shakles off BP, he is really maybe a half step behind Tony Stark in terms of intelligence. He is the smartest of the smartest in a futuristic society. I personally wasn't holding it against the MCU being as it was his first movie. However in the next movie I hope they stay more true to the comics and show that he really is brilliant and not go the Suri as Q route. Don't get me wrong she is capable, he goes away for a while and she takes over the mantle of Black Panther.

I know it is a pipe dream but it would be nice if they incorporated more from the comics. In case you didn't or someone else doesn't know Tchalla was smart enough to build his own HulkBuster armor after encountering the Incredible Hulk. Also Chad needs to get his physique right, reach out to Thor's trainer and get right. Because of the Panther God he is the equivalent of the super soldier serum. Perhaps in the next one they will have a part where he unlocks more of his true power and gets a lot stronger. Hell based off Civil War they almost made it seem like him and Hawkeye are on equal footing in terms of power/strength.

This !!!

Marvel negotiated a deal with Sony to use the character, they make the individual peter Parker spiderman movies with Tom holland and can use the character within the universe (like infinity war, end game and civil war.. and homecoming)

So it's predicated on that relationship, as sony owns the character rights

I really hope Sony doesn’t drop the ball on this one.

My brother told me that there’s a possibility Sony could pull out of the deal and probably make their own Spidey movie (again :sick:) in the future judging by the success of Venom.

I hope that’s not the case. Can’t have another actor play Spidey other than Holland.

Does anyone know if Marvel is keeping Spidey? I remember reading that Sony still loans the rights to Spiderman...or am I making stuff up?
Probably just keep renegotiating the contract it is benefiting both parties. Plus Sony really hit it big with the Spiderverse, I wouldn't be surprised if they went the DC route and made more animated movies.

I really hope Sony doesn’t drop the ball on this one.

My brother told me that there’s a possibility Sony could pull out of the deal and probably make their own Spidey movie (again :sick:) in the future judging by the success of Venom.

I hope that’s not the case. Can’t have another actor play Spidey other than Holland.
They'd probably still be able to retain Holland. It just wont be a part of MCU continuity.

AVENGERS: ENDGAME Writers Reveal The Surprising Origin Of One Of The Movie's Best Lines

"Well, as much as we'd like to take credit for what is inevitably going to be one of the most memorable lines in MCU history, that is something that Robert and his children actually say to each other,"
Markus revealed. "He brought it from real life onto the set." McFeely added that the line was originally going to be "Love you tons" which obviously doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

It's cool to see people like IW more than Endgame. I loved both, but at the moment, I like Endgame more.

Probably just keep renegotiating the contract it is benefiting both parties. Plus Sony really hit it big with the Spiderverse, I wouldn't be surprised if they went the DC route and made more animated movies.
Sony didn't hit THAT big with spider verse movie. Venom made more money.

*edit

Googled the amount. Did even worse than I thought. Good thing the into the spider verse movie had a small budget.

venom made almost as much as hc

last i checked i think the two are separated by ~$30m?

Back
Top Bottom