WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Infinity War >>>>> TDK though

While I don't agree that Infinity War is better than TDK, i think the comparison you made is much better than my comparing TDK to Endgame. Mostly because of where they both fall in their respective place in the series. A more apt comparison for EG would probably be The Dark Knight Rises, maybe? And before you guys harp on me for saying TDKR is better than Endgame (which, it isn't),, Im referring simply as them being concluding chapters in their respective sagas.

For the record though, I do think Infinity War makes for a much more fun re-watch than TDK

I don’t blame tony for being mad and accepting failure tho

He went to Thanos and fought with a team that he met that day
Had he had HIS avengers it might’ve been different

Also.. that failure caused him to hold his surrogate son in his arms as he turned to dust

Besides Thor I don’t think anyone suffered THAT damaging of a loss

Idk man it’s tough
Steve was stuck in the past cuz he was robbed from a life from THE ONE
**** sucks

Tony literally saw his surrogate son turn to dust in his arms man
That’s ultra scarring lol

Before the time travel thing he lived 5 years with his last image of Peter being turned to dust in his arms B you can’t tell me that’s tough

Y'all tell me who won???

gxfRck1.jpg

4RAEj9F.jpg

Who do y'all think is going to be the Avengers' figurehead moving forward? Plus you gotta include heavyweights like Reed Richards, Namor, Prof. X when the next Thanos-level threat comes knocking

Yeah Tony was so clutch that he managed to lose the Space Stone to 2012 Loki :lol: Now whatever mischief and mayhem that alternate-Loki is causing is on Starks hands.

He had one job and he blew it. That ain't MJ
Dude it is the equivalent to Marty losing...
tenor.gif

JESUS just dawned on me I wonder if that was an intentional callback to Back to the future. When Marty loses Gray's Sports Almanac because he was also hit by a door. I'm sure they could have had Tony lose the stone anyway but if that was done on purpose to further add to the shout outs to BTTF,

not sure if posted

HOW AVENGERS: ENDGAME SUBTLY SETS UP KANG THE CONQUEROR AS A NEW VILLAIN
Share.
Have the Avengers simply replaced one problem with another?
BY JESSE SCHEDEEN Warning: This article contains spoilers for Avengers: Endgame!

Avengers: Endgame may not be the first MCU movie to deal with the concept of time travel, but it certainly makes full use of that popular sci-fi trope. And as Marty McFly will tell you, the problem with time travel is that it's hard to put the genie back in the bottle. Now that the Avengers have bent the MCU timeline to their will, they may be dealing with the ramifications and unintended consequences for a long time to come.

With that in mind, we can't help but wonder if this is the first step toward introducing one of the biggest Avengers villains of them all. Could Kang the Conqueror be joining the MCU? Here's why we think Endgame could be setting up Kang for a major role in Phase 4 and beyond.

Art by Jim Cheung. (Image Credit: Marvel Comics)

The State of the MCU Timeline
The MCU timeline isn't in great shape in the aftermath of Endgame. As much as Bruce Banner would have you believe it's impossible to actually alter the past (because the present becomes your past and the past becomes your future and all that nonsense), that's kind of what the Avengers did. They traveled back in time and altered history in subtle but key ways. The thing is, this resulted in the creation of alternate timelines. So in one newly created timeline, Captain America told his past self Bucky is alive and made Brock Rumlow think Steve Rogers is a Hydra agent. That's also where Ant-Man and Iron Man accidentally let Loki escape with the Tesseract. In another, Nebula killed her younger self. And Gamora may well be detached from time entirely.

As much as Cap tried to smooth over these rough patches when he went back and returned the Infinity Stones, the damage has probably been done. And based on what directors Joe and Anthony Russo have said, Cap did create an entirely different branching timeline when he stayed in the past.

That's why we think time travel will continue to play an important role in Phase 4 of the Marvel Universe. These mistakes will have ripple effects. Loki's escape alone will almost certainly play into the upcoming Loki series on Disney+. Even as the Avengers restored the half of the universe Thanos obliterated, they may have caused an entirely new crisis in exchange.

Kang's Big Debut
And that could be where Kang steps in. This powerful villain is infamous for having weaponized time itself. He freely travels between past and future and manipulates the course of human history for his own ends. He ruled in ancient Egypt as a god, and he lords over the distant future as an all-powerful tyrant. And no matter how many times Kang is defeated and seemingly killed, his mastery of time means there's always another version of him ready to strike the Avengers when they least expect him.

The events of Endgame could easily serve as the catalyst for Kang's debut. Perhaps Endgame serves as his origin story. When a young Kang sees how the Avengers were able to manipulate time in order to achieve an impossible goal, he's inspired to do the same. Or maybe Kang has always been lurking behind the scenes in the MCU, and the Avengers' actions make him feel threatened enough to finally reveal himself. It could be that the events of Endgame leave time itself broken, leaving Kang an opening to work his mischief on an even grander scale.

Then there are Kang's ties to the Young Avengers. Marvel is showing every sign of introducing this teen superhero team in the near future, with Hawkeye's Disney+ series reportedly featuring him finding a successor in Kate Bishop and Endgame introducing an older version of Scott Lang's daughter Cassie. The original Young Avengers team was formed by Iron Lad, who just so happens to be a young, idealistic version of Kang the Conqueror. Not only does Kang's MCU debut seem very likely, but we could very well see multiple incarnations of the character battling each other. And wouldn't it be a dramatic twist for the teen heroes to learn one of their number will eventually become one of the Avengers' greatest villains?

This illustrates two of the biggest advantages to having Kang replace Thanos as the prime villain of the MCU. Kang ties numerous characters and franchises together. And because he's a man who exists in many different incarnations across thousands of years, he's less likely to wear out his welcome after appearing in multiple movies. Why settle for just Kang when you can also have Rama-Tut, Nathaniel Richards, Iron Lad and the Scarlet Centurion? Time is always on his side.

speaking of AoU

AoU has aged pretty well for me lol

AoU is a fun movie but the thing it had going against it at that time was that you knew there wasn’t really gonna be any stakes due to there being a bunch more movies in the pipeline.

Now that Endgame’s over, I think it’ll be looked at favorably as time go by.

AoU is a fun movie but the thing it had going against it at that time was that you knew there wasn’t really gonna be any stakes due to there being a bunch more movies in the pipeline.

Now that Endgame’s over, I think it’ll be looked at favorably as time go by.
i just know they better bring him back
dude that does his voice was perfect
and legit character development potential

Clint lost a few kids too, he went crazy though so that might not count.
Facts
Tony Thor and Clint suffered the most compelling losses in the snap IMO

Rocket too

Scott kinda did but he didn’t feel as much impact since he was in the quantum realm

Back
Top Bottom