WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I said 10+ years. So maybe 15 years. I can easily see a reboot of the MCU anywhere from 2030 to 2035

Not a lot of that will matter. Captain America is most likely not getting a solo movie again no matter who has the shield.

Black Widow just got a movie. They gonna do 2 more with Yelena over the span of 10 years easily doable.

What seeds are being set for the children of Scott and lame *** Hawkguy? His bum *** kids aint about to be nothing and Cassie in the Young Avengers aint gonna be some 20 year endeavor.

You talking like from Avengers to Endgame took 30 years :lol: The whole MCU up to Endgame/Far From Home only took 11 years.

You confusing BP with T'Challa. The rumor already is somebody else becoming Black Panther. We'll see a good deal of those in the next decade +.

I'm fine if we don't see a new T'Challa until the rebooted universe in the 2030s.

they were planning multiple Black Panthers before Boseman died? If so then that changes it but if not they need to slow down and really think about what needs to be done next as far as T’Challa

again just seeing a rich king and the overall character of T’Challa becoming more popular is necessary for black kids. You don’t get all the Batman cartoons and **** without the movie series.

As far as the young Avengers it seems like the next “roster” is being set up with Ant Man and Hawkmans daughters (and others to be introduced of course) and I assume they want at least 2-3 movies outta the “Young Avengers” and it’s probably still one more Avengers movie Wit this current lineup. Which make me think we at least 15 away from this universe being totally rebooted

Since phase 4 is going to open the multiverse and other possibilities, I’d be cool with them finding another T’challa played by another actor eventually. Just give Chadwick‘s t’challa a proper goodbye and shuri can still carry the mantle for a movie or two.

they were planning multiple Black Panthers before Boseman died? If so then that changes it but if not they need to slow down and really think about what needs to be done next as far as T’Challa
I don't know what they were planning despite some rumors.

All I'm saying is over the next decade or so we can see multiple Black Panthers given the available storylines.

again just seeing a rich king and the overall character of T’Challa becoming more popular is necessary for black kids. You don’t get all the Batman cartoons and **** without the movie series.
I agree it's important but I still don't think its a good idea to recast T'Challa now or in this current continuity.

No need to lie though. Batman has ALWAYS been popular. Since inception. Not cuz of movies. Those Burton movies did not bring on the animated series. That's just a plain lie you just made up. There's always been Batman tv shows and Batman in some cartoon before the movies. The comics literally is what made Batman a household name going back to the 30s.

It can be done, but I think off screen deaths and glossed over explanations of absence is more disrespectful than recasting.
Disrespectful to what? The fictional character that is T'Challa.

My problem with recasting is it does whoever is cast a disservice and the entire continuity.

Might as well recast the entire Black Panther cast but that's basically what a reboot would do.

Before Burton were all Batman cartoons not some goofy Superfriends ****? :lol:

from the music to the look to the overall vibe it birthed a new era of Batman which starts the DCAU which trickles down to so many other things.

you kill off T’Challa in the movies people gon forget bout the character outside of comic die hards

Before Burton were all Batman cartoons not some goofy Superfriends ****? :lol:

from the music to the look to the overall vibe it birthed a new era of Batman which starts the DCAU which trickles down to so many other things.

you kill off T’Challa in the movies people gon forget bout the character outside of comic die hards

**** outta here with this nonsense.

What are you talking about?

What does the quality of the shows have to do with anything? You tried to say Batman movies were the reason for the Batman cartoon and that's why he's so popular among kids in multiple generations.

Don't matter how good the show is as long as kids watch it. There's been Batman shows.

And Tim Burton aint do ****. Frank Miller and Alan Moore ushered in the new era of Batman in the 80s BEFORE Burton even made the movie.

If what you say is true, they'll be reminded of who T'Challa is in the 2030s.

**** outta here with this nonsense.

What are you talking about?

What does the quality of the shows have to do with anything? You tried to say Batman movies were the reason for the Batman cartoon and that's why he's so popular among kids in multiple generations.

Don't matter how good the show is as long as kids watch it. There's been Batman shows.

And Tim Burton aint do ****. Frank Miller and Alan Moore ushered in the new era of Batman in the 80s BEFORE Burton even made the movie.

If what you say is true, they'll be reminded of who T'Challa is in the 2030s.

It matters because as a 90's baby myself, that movie line, the subsequent cartoons (BTAS, TNBA, Batman Beyond, Static, JL, etc.) is why I'm even in here talking to you :lol: that animated universe (which stemmed from the vibe of the Burton movies) is what got me into comics/superhero type stuff.

The point I'm making relative to T'Challa today is that kids who aren't into comics learn about comic mythology and stuff from movies and cartoons. If he gets killed off, bruh almost don't exist outside of people who already into the comics. I don't think Boseman would want that for black kids especially in this climate now where you don't have many fictional representations of smart, powerful, wealthy black men at all let alone it don't got nothing to do with rapping or playing ball or some ****.

It matters because as a 90's baby myself, that movie line, the subsequent cartoons (BTAS, TNBA, Batman Beyond, Static, JL, etc.) is why I'm even in here talking to you :lol: that animated universe (which stemmed from the vibe of the Burton movies) is what got me into comics/superhero type stuff.
Yeah but that dont got anything with factual history.

Batman has ALWAYS been popular among youth. Since the 30s. Tim Burton didn't cause it. He just added to what was already there.

The point I'm making relative to T'Challa today is that kids who aren't into comics learn about comic mythology and stuff from movies and cartoons. If he gets killed off, bruh almost don't exist outside of people who already into the comics. I don't think Boseman would want that for black kids especially in this climate now where you don't have many fictional representations of smart, powerful, wealthy black men at all let alone it don't got nothing to do with rapping or playing ball or some ****.
Marvel just made a dope BP cartoon. BP's showing so far isn't going to fade from children's memories that fast.

Black Panther isn't going anywhere.

Also Black Panther isnt the only black Marvel superhero. Nor is he the only smart, wealthy, powerful, etc. black Marvel hero.

I'm not worried.

Disrespectful to what? The fictional character that is T'Challa.

My problem with recasting is it does whoever is cast a disservice and the entire continuity.

Might as well recast the entire Black Panther cast but that's basically what a reboot would do.
It’s disrespectful to the character, the actors and the story. Generally speaking, when a character is killed off screen or has some halfed *** explanation on why they aren’t there, it signifies there was some sort of issue with the actor. I feel you, Boseman killed it. It’s hard to picture anyone else being BP, but it’s not impossible. Believing no one else could/should be BP is kinda short sighted and close minded. Someone could, dare I say, actually do better. Stopping the MCU BP story, mid stride, because the actor died, is overkill and overcompensating(which is a sentiment I’ve grown sick of within the past decade). Imagine if life was like this. “Oh my god, a kid at school died! LETS CANCEL THE ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR!” No. You have a vigil and keep it moving. Just dropping it is not a graceful way of handling a stars death.

i say rewrite story to get mbj as black panther. dont recast tchalla though.

If this was Batman, Spider-Man, or James Bond we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I get the cultural significance is different and Chad was so pivotal to that as much as he was to the character. But... the character needs more shine for that same reason. And with Iron Man and Cap off the table and Spider-Man on a movie-to-movie deal, the character has that much more potential to carry the entire MCU. Shuri is a great character but she’s just not set up to carry the whole MCU like that.

If this was Batman, Spider-Man, or James Bond we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I get the cultural significance is different and Chad was so pivotal to that as much as he was to the character. But... the character needs more shine for that same reason. And with Iron Man and Cap off the table and Spider-Man on a movie-to-movie deal, the character has that much more potential to carry the entire MCU. Shuri is a great character but she’s just not set up to carry the whole MCU like that.

I mean marvel just got back the xmen.. and they could heavily develop the fantastic 4 so they play a huge role on the avenger side of things

it’s a damn shame on t’challa because you had the perfect guy to take that cap role with the avengers and obviously having a black character as that guy

but they can do a hell of a lot with other characters, especially ones acquired

like I really hope Amadeus cho gets developed with it looking like banner’s hulk is winding down

It’s disrespectful to the character, the actors and the story.
Then let it be disrespectful to recast I say. 2 out of 3 aren't even real and I question how it's disrespectful to the actors at all. That would mean any time a character isn't recast the actors are disrespected. Doesn't make sense to me.

Fictional T'Challa is disrespected cuz there was no recast? So what.

The story is disrespected? What story? Which story? The one they just completed? Or the one they didn't even get to begin with BP2 and is now obviously being changed?

Believing no one else could/should be BP is kinda short sighted and close minded. Someone could, dare I say, actually do better.
Nobody is saying there cant or shouldn't be another Black Panther though.

Conflating T'Challa and BP when the two can and have been separated in the past doesn't make sense. Especially in trying to make this point.

Stopping the MCU BP story, mid stride, because the actor died, is overkill and overcompensating(which is a sentiment I’ve grown sick of within the past decade).
BP's story can continue without T'Challa. What is hard to understand to follow about this? Get that straight before.making up ridiculous examples :lol:

Imagine if life was like this. “Oh my god, a kid at school died! LETS CANCEL THE ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR!” No. You have a vigil and keep it moving. Just dropping it is not a graceful way of handling a stars death.
:rofl: You comparing ending the school year over one kid's death to not recasting a character.

Those things are not the same. Nobody is saying to stop the Black Panther movies from ever being made again.

If we really comparing this to life with this nonsensical example of a kid at school died your stance would be to bring in a new kid to play the role of the dead kid as if the dead kid never died :lol:

C'mon now. Make it make sense first.

Last edited:
Intro the death of T’Challa by Namor/Atlanteans, Shuri takes the mantle in this universe. Multiverse opens up and MBJ is the BP. His world is crushed by Namor so MBJ crosses over to current universe and then both MBJ and Shuri defeat Namor in current Universe.

Intro the death of T’Challa by Namor/Atlanteans, Shuri takes the mantle in this universe. Multiverse opens up and MBJ is the BP. His world is crushed by Namor so MBJ crosses over to current universe and then both MBJ and Shuri defeat Namor in current Universe.
Damn so we just opening up the multiverse at our convenience now huh?

Also this path makes Namor a pure villain that would need to die by the end. Some other fish would have to rule Atlantis.

:wow: thats a great way to make mbj black panther. have him come through the multiverse where mbj is the black panther in his timeline but he stays. someone call up marvel :nerd:

On some Green Ranger ****. Everyone is like, “OMG KILLMONGER” until Wakandan‘s are taught about the multiverse. I love it.

It can be argued back and forth but as far as I know no one on these boards works for Marvel. We all have our preferences in regards to how Marvel proceed.

All that being said my preference would be for T'Challa to be recast as long as they were sensitive to the wishes of Chadwick Boseman's family. Although this was the role he became most known for, the character isn't the man. The character deserves to have a full story arc where he is front and centre leading the the MCU.

Back
Top Bottom