WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Paul Walker died and they didn't recast Bryan no reason why we need to recast Black Panther. Pay the respects and keep the story going.
Ahhh what? Imagine a movie called Paul walker not having Paul walker in it. Black panther 2 with no black panther? Lol. Black panther was integral part of the next phase according to reports.

1605016102526.png

Black Panther is a mantle. There will be a Black Panther in BP2. Just might not be T’Challa

Exactly. You don't need to recast 'challa. Pay the respects and keep the story going. Like they did with Paul Walker and Heath Ledger. This unfortunately is not the first time a death has happened mid story but it has been handled.

Exactly. You don't need to recast 'challa. Pay the respects and keep the story going. Like they did with Paul Walker and Heath Ledger. This unfortunately is not the first time a death has happened mid story but it has been handled.

you’re saying two completely different things. On one hand you’re saying to recast Black Panther - not T’Challa, yet on the other hand you’re saying pay him the same respect as Paul Walker and Heath Ledgar. I don’t recall them recasting Paul Walker and it was a completely different Joker of a different time and reality.

a recast is eventually inevitable, but it shouldn’t be anytime soon. As I said before, if RDJ had died after AOU they wouldn’t have recast him. They would’ve changed the story and introduced someone else to not take his role, but to help fill the void.

their shouldn’t be another BP til the next phase AT LEAST. I would hope it wouldn’t be for the next 10-11 years.

you’re saying two completely different things. On one hand you’re saying to recast Black Panther - not T’Challa, yet on the other hand you’re saying pay him the same respect as Paul Walker and Heath Ledgar. I don’t recall them recasting Paul Walker and it was a completely different Joker of a different time and reality.

a recast is eventually inevitable, but it shouldn’t be anytime soon. As I said before, if RDJ had died after AOU they wouldn’t have recast him. They would’ve changed the story and introduced someone else to not take his role, but to help fill the void.

their shouldn’t be another BP til the next phase AT LEAST. I would hope it wouldn’t be for the next 10-11 years.

I'm saying you recast black panther not t'challa. You have someone take up the bp mantle not get a new actor and say it is t'challa. There is a difference. The cast pays respect to t'challa /boseman the same way they did Paul walker/bryan...and then...continue the story.

So what is you guys reasoning for not wanting to recast T’challa?
T'challa was someone taking up the black panther mantle...as did his father.Recast black panther as someone takes up the mantle again not t'challa. T'challa was boseman so pay the respect to him dying as was done with Paul Walker in fast 7. It can easily be written in that t'challa died in the endgame battle. The cast does a scene honoring tchalla/boseman and then someone takes up the bp mantle, Shuri for example. The story continues and respect has been paid

You most certainly recast T’Challa, what the hell?? Who tf wants to see Shuri as the main BP?? T’Challa is BP, just like Hulk is Bruce Banner, just like Peter Parker is Spider-Man. You wanna bring in legacy characters than carve Shuri her own path, like Amadeus Cho, like Miles Morales, like Kamala Kahn, like Jane Foster, like Sam Wilson. Half of y’all didn’t even know who Chadwick Boseman was until Black Panther. And that’s no disrespect to Chadwick because he was an amazing person (met him twice before his passing) but the character and name are bigger than the talent used to bring it to life. I trust Sarah Haley Finn and the rest of casting over at Marvel to give us another great actor to fill the role of T’Challa and still honor the performance of a lifetime that Chadwick gave. MCU is not new to replacement casting either which is the funny thing about all of this.

T'challa was someone taking up the black panther mantle...as did his father.Recast black panther as someone takes up the mantle again not t'challa. T'challa was boseman so pay the respect to him dying as was done with Paul Walker in fast 7. It can easily be written in that t'challa died in the endgame battle. The cast does a scene honoring tchalla/boseman and then someone takes up the bp mantle, Shuri for example. The story continues and respect has been paid
So you gonna pay the man respects with an off screen death/write off? Or the Kerry Fisher treatment? Word?? It’s like that time my homeboy told me not to roll up on a pamphlet a Jehova Witness gave because it said “Jesus” on it. You’re trying to be respectful, but you really don’t know what is and what isn’t so you’re just doing too much.

You really don’t have a choice. Dropping the character altogether would be like one of close friends dying and not speaking to the family at all after the funeral. That’s not how you handle that. Just gon ahead and recast him. It don’t have tomorrow but 10 years is too long.

You most certainly recast T’Challa, what the hell?? Who tf wants to see Shuri as the main BP?? T’Challa is BP, just like Hulk is Bruce Banner, just like Peter Parker is Spider-Man. You wanna bring in legacy characters than carve Shuri her own path, like Amadeus Cho, like Miles Morales, like Kamala Kahn, like Jane Foster, like Sam Wilson. Half of y’all didn’t even know who Chadwick Boseman was until Black Panther. And that’s no disrespect to Chadwick because he was an amazing person (met him twice before his passing) but the character and name are bigger than the talent used to bring it to life. I trust Sarah Haley Finn and the rest of casting over at Marvel to give us another great actor to fill the role of T’Challa and still honor the performance of a lifetime that Chadwick gave. MCU is not new to replacement casting either which is the funny thing about all of this.

So why not recast Bryan or Joker?

So you gonna pay the man respects with an off screen death/write off? Or the Kerry Fisher treatment? Word?? It’s like that time my homeboy told me not to roll up on a pamphlet a Jehova Witness gave because it said “Jesus” on it. You’re trying to be respectful, but you really don’t know what is and what isn’t so you’re just doing too much.

You really don’t have a choice. Dropping the character altogether would be like one of close friends dying and not speaking to the family at all after the funeral. That’s not how you handle that. Just gon ahead and recast him. It don’t have tomorrow but 10 years is too long.

I'm not writing a script. It is an EXAMPLE. Sheesh. What they did to Carrie was disrespectful. What they did to Paul Walker was honorable. Boseman deserves something similar...as did Carrie

Truth be told you can’t even compare the two, situations because it’s almost tradition to have multiple actors in DC roles. But, under your reasoning, they should’ve never went back to the Joker period. And don’t get people accepted what FF did twisted with what people actually liked.

Truth be told you can’t even compare the two, situations because it’s almost tradition to have multiple actors in DC roles. But, under your reasoning, they should’ve never went back to the Joker period.

Why not recast Bryan?

So why not recast Bryan or Joker?

They didn’t recast Walker’s character because he literally was the franchise figurehead. They couldn’t thrust anybody in that spot light as HIS character verbatim. They were fortunate to have a new franchise figurehead in the Rock and the literal franchise rock of Vin Diesel still in the series. Joker literally has a new actor like 3 times a decade :lol:. BP is a different case because he’s one cog in a big factory. Albeit a very important cog because of his resources and what he represents in the source material. It’s all the more reason why you can’t manipulate his story. You just have to plug and chug. Audiences will go with it. I’m of the mindset that they should wait a few years to do a BP sequel and the recast of T’Challa should be branded as him being older. Give it like 3 more years.

it really comes down to the studio and producers and things aren't as simple as black and white, there are lots of grey areas and different situations

F&F could live on without Bryan and make bank while the cast gets to respect not to recast him

nolan was somewhat forced to finish his batman trilogy and he also chose to respect heath by not recasting him but only had one film left to do so there was no reason to recast anyways

while i prefer they not recast BP, he is part of a bigger world and a billion $ franchise on the character alone not to mention very important part of the MCU

look they could bring back MBJ as BP from a different usniverse but will MBJ do it? they could recast t'chala but are bosemans family cool with it? and whoever will take that mantle, are they going to want to step into such a giant shoe? plenty of factors in here and i am sure feige/marvel already got a few plans in place

Back
Top Bottom