WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

cheadle is easily the better actor, but dont think he's right for the part

terrance howard was better in IM1, but then again that's the best version of rhodey either has really been given

i'm trying think who would even be a good substitute for either

The ONLY movie I liked Terrance Howard in was Best Man Holiday :lol:

the movie he was made for mayne

1626183754344.png

(and easily the best man > best man holiday)

If I could remember back to 2007 before anybody was announced, I would've chose Timothy Dalton and Michael Jai White as Tony and Rhodey based off the 90's cartoon and Marvel vs Capcom games:lol:

marvel could have very easily screwed up ironman.. i mean they were trying get tom cruise and that woulda pretty much turned the character into cruise

whereas downey pretty much was/is tony.. talented dude who had success from a young age, the substance abuse issue, the famous father in the same field (plus the resemblance to the character)

Last edited:
i mean i like Don in a multitude of other things, but the chemistry Terrance Howard and RDJ had in 1 is unmatched. Plus dude has a different, funny cool swagger with the about him. Marvel watered down Cheadle and made him just seem corny and soft sounding high voice.

Just read this. Story I always heard was TH was demanding a raise and wanted a lot more money, but...

Why Terrence Howard Was Recast in Iron Man 2

Downey's salary was to increase exponentially for Iron Man 2, to a rumored $10 million, plus a cut of back-end profits. That, in turn, meant Marvel Studios would dramatically slash Howard's pay, to what the actor said was just $40,000 per film.

May 31, 2021

Speaking on why he didn't return as Rhodey in Iron Man 2, Terrence Howard said: "It turns out that the person I helped become Iron Man ... when it was time to re-up for the second one, (he) took the money that was supposed to go to me and pushed me out."

Jun 8, 2021

Howard elaborated after host Andy Cohen commented, "The word was that you wanted the same money as Downey." According to Howard:

"We did a three-picture deal, so that means that you did the deal ahead of time. It was going to be a certain amount for the first one, a certain amount for the second one, a certain amount for the third. They came to me with the second and said, 'Look, we will pay you one-eighth of what we contractually had for you, because we think the second one will be successful with or without you.' And I called my friend - that I helped get the first job - and he didn't call me back for three months."

A day later, Showbizcafe.com's Tony Rico appeared on NBC's Today and provided the monetary amounts Howard was referring to. Essentially, rather than pay Howard the $8 million for Iron Man 2 per his contract, Marvel Studios offered him $1 million instead. According to Howard, the money promised to him would go to Robert Downey Jr. instead.
Wow, they did him dirty and did a successful smear campaign.

Wasn’t RDJ paid less than Howard on first one? Could of swore I read that somewhere.

RDJ was still just a rehab poster boy reclamation project at the time. Had to take the low guaranteed money contract with the incentives.

Cheadle is the far better actor. I don't know what ppl see in Howard.

IM2 it was an instant improvement.

I think ppl are hung up on Cheadle not looking the part (even though that don't matter when you're in the suit).

All of this 100%. Someone younger and bigger to play a military dude in a suit called “War Machine” and to contrast Tony being a regular guy.

RDJ was still just a rehab poster boy reclamation project at the time. Had to take the low guaranteed money contract with the incentives.

that’s what I thought. You had to figure that was going to change once IM became a success. They had to pay RDJ to keep him. Can’t pay the co-star more than the lead.

I've heard TH is incredibly difficult to deal with on set so that might of been a thing too. He hasn't has a lead in a film in awhile yeah?

Brad Pitt is too laid back to be Thor. I don’t think he would’ve brought that underlying goofiness Hemsworth brings. There’s be no snake story from Ragnorok .

Brad Pitt is too laid back to be Thor. I don’t think he would’ve brought that underlying goofiness Hemsworth brings. There’s be no snake story from Ragnorok .
Pitt would've been more like comic book Thor.

Hemsworth's Thor was pretty mediocre until Ragnarok. He makes it good now but underlying goofiness isn't some of the things I think of when I think Thor.

The main thing with Thor is he's an arrogant warrior that needs to learn the lesson of hubris and after he's still comic but more noble and he loves to drink and bang women.

But would people have liked that Thor? That pretty much a “magical Tony”..

“Everything happened the way it was supposed to happen and couldn’t have happened any other way.”

Back
Top Bottom