WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

yo, kinda bored and wondering if i should watch the marvel flicks on chronological order and if its better than theatrical release, or if i should just run it back with the regular release list?

also...Pugh so damn bad. had to mention that again. She saved BW movie. I need her
Switch it up, try watching in chronological order.

1626100327046.jpeg

1626100342396.jpeg

1626100357787.jpeg

1626100370238.jpeg

1626100385488.jpeg

Disney has a proven formula for film making. They just happen to have someone with a vision to implement comic book continuity for the MCU and ensure they apply that Disney formula.

Is it any different than Disney taking a story like Cinderella and making it into a movie?

WB just doesn’t have that type of lineage or track record. They’re not a brand like a Disney or Apple. It’s why I feel all the movies they’ve thrown on HBO Max have all been disappointing cash grabs besides Judas and Black Messiah.

DC was kinda the first to do it. Comic books, I mean. So they got the linage. The fact that they were first might work against them more than anything. Most of their characters are kinda corny IMO.

DC was kinda the first to do it. Comic books, I mean. So they got the linage. The fact that they were first might work against them more than anything. Most of their characters are kinda corny IMO.

I'd say it's less to do with lineage than actually being able to modernize things. The formula's there, you just need to make changes that make sense as to not lose the core fanbase. Something DC can't seem to figure out.

Warner Bros definitely has history with Superman (and the descent down the sequel well) and then 90 Batman (and the descent down the sequel well) then the Dark Knight Trilogy. Superman with Reeves/Donner, Batman with Keaton/Burton and the Dark Knight Trilogy Bale/Nolan were all good efforts. Unfortunately, their attempt at creating a DC Universe like Marvel is where they failed. Quality of the movies not withstanding, the DCU movies were dark and the characters weren't in the spirit of their source material (Kal-El killing, Batman shooting guns, etc). And they could never get momentum. Marvel started out with the strong Iron Man. That arc ended in the slick End Game.

Funny thing is Renner didn’t even want the part. He was over there trying to convince them to kill Hawkeye off. It’s be funny if the only reason Natasha was killed was to troll him. :lol:

He will probably get his wish in the upcoming Disney + series. Don't see him surviving it.

PO

DC killed it in the movies before marvel and then just went to trash. If anything they should just embrace the more realistic takes and leave off the rest. Stick to what they know. The new Batman looks amazing

DC bashing clogging up the thread already?

We just had the 1st MCU movie released in 2 years & were 2 days away from the conclusion of what is arguably the best MCU series & were discussing the DCEU?

giphy.gif

LOL aight no more DC. lemme help.

ok so Florence pugh. idk how to say her last name. but i'd smash.

But what if Disney bought DC and licensing?

Imagine the crossovers.

But I know WB will probably never let the possible billions off the table.

Back
Top Bottom