WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

^^^
That last battle definitely got a little too animated, but some people like it that way. Chinese government may not green light this film to release there but I’d imagine filmgoers there would eat that **** up, judging by their higher grossing films...

Shang Chi’s pops’ calm “burn it all” was G as hell though, like clockwork to him and a glimpse of that Ghanghis Khan cold-bloodedness...

I agree the big ending cgi punchfests can go, I feel nothing watching them. The stakes don't feel real and it takes me out. Old guard stuff they need to tweak like they did villains. I only really liked Endgame, on top of the callbacks, highly anticipated moments finally happening, plus it ends on the most emotional beat. They can fix it.

Though for Shang Chi I feel a bunch of that was to appeal to Chinese cinema blockbuster fans.

yah

they were just doing hyundai commercials with wandavision/loki/tfws

it was a huge product placement for acura in avengers

harley davidson in aou

like ive said before, theyll work with anyone for the right amount of $$$

Im so upset, WWE got passed up by yhe #2 company AEW tonight.

Props to current day Marvel for never allowing DC the chance to surpass them.

I saw Shang Chi late last night. A good origins movie into the MCU.

6.8/8

My only complaints are the typical MCU third act CGI fest and a tad too much Awkwafina.

^^^
That last battle definitely got a little too animated, but some people like it that way. Chinese government may not green light this film to release there but I’d imagine filmgoers there would eat that **** up, judging by their higher grossing films...

Shang Chi’s pops’ calm “burn it all” was G as hell though, like clockwork to him and a glimpse of that Ghanghis Khan cold-bloodedness...

Do they tho? other than the Russos directed stuff

how many people you know are like wow,
my favorite marvel sequence is that part of Black Panther when it looks like a a bad Xbox game? :lol:

I think whoever is running VFX at marvel thinks he is way more important than he is.

if you turned down the cgi and just had a final martial arts movie style showdown between Simu and Tony Leung
I feel like that would have hit way harder than what they did.

If the final battle was just him and daddy, no music, maybe in rain, 1 shot battle on top of the mountain it would of been a hit. Marvel needs to learn how to do more with less. Really so simple. Some “if you want the rings beat me”, daddy takes rings off and they fight powerless to reveal SC has the powers his mother did, and then daddy runs off to live his final days as a normal man. My goodness this isn’t rocket science

Last edited:
The final fight works best when it's smaller and personal.

martial arts movies, westerns all have this figured out but marvel thinks they gotta put on a E3 tech demo. :smh:

If the final battle was just him and daddy, no music, maybe in rain, 1 shot battle on top of the mountain it would of been a hit. Marvel needs to learn how to do more with less. Really so simple. Some “of you want the rings beat me” and then daddy runs off to live his final days as a normal man. My goodness this isn’t rocket science

and they have multiple examples of them doing less

that was also a point that was raised regarding black panther and the shoddy cgi at the end of that.. and hell people been cracking jokes about the snyder DCEU throwing out a gray/silver cgi bad dude for multiple movies

But marvel had/has the examples of ironman 1.. winter soldier.. hell, even civil war the real climax of the film was black panther vs zemo

and they have multiple examples of them doing less

that was also a point that was raised regarding black panther and the shoddy cgi at the end of that.. and hell people been cracking jokes about the snyder DCEU throwing out a gray/silver cgi bad dude for multiple movies

But marvel had/has the examples of ironman 1.. winter soldier.. hell, even civil war the real climax of the film was black panther vs zemo
They do but it’s heavily favoring doing too much. They’re times when doing too much is warranted. I feel like they ground the movie and then blow it all out the water in the final 20-30 mins. That’s not always a bad thing but sometimes they trip over their own feet

and that proves the point right?

those are the most memorable endings.

they really should leave the big CGI spectacles to the Russo's.
because it seems pretty clear the other marvel directors are pretty bad at them.

They do but it’s heavily favoring doing too much. They’re times when doing too much is warranted. I feel like they ground the movie and then blow it all out the water in the final 20-30 mins. That’s not always a bad thing but sometimes they trip over their own feet

of course there are times when it’s warranted.. infinity war and endgame, clearly warranted

but even winter soldier, I’d argue shouldn’t have been that big because then ALOT of questions should be asked

least with wandavision, it’s isolated into her bubble.. you need to work things where it makes sense why other people aren’t showing up

winter soldier works because it’s smallish.. even ragnarok, the size of the end battle is relatively small when you factor who all is involved

black panther is great while it’s small.. that’s the beauty of homecoming, it’s him and his girlfriend‘s dad

and that proves the point right?

those are the most memorable endings.

they really should leave the big CGI spectacles to the Russo's.
because it seems pretty clear the other marvel directors are pretty bad at them.

the most memorable endings are easily end game and infinity war.. then 1st avengers

you just need the story to make the story make sense for what‘s going on story wise.. civil war makes sense, ragnarok makes sense, wandavision and Loki make sense.. homecoming makes sense with the story being told

but with some of the other movies with the world that was built, you gotta ask why other characters aren’t showing up or doing something, making calls trying figure out what the f is going on

in winter soldier they have a gravestone for nick fury, so assume they had a funeral.. would think questions would be asked by others who knew him

the most memorable endings are easily end game and infinity war.. then 1st avengers

you just need the story to make the story make sense for what‘s going on story wise.. civil war makes sense, ragnarok makes sense, wandavision and Loki make sense.. homecoming makes sense with the story being told

but with some of the other movies with the world that was built, you gotta ask why other characters aren’t showing up or doing something, making calls trying figure out what the f is going on

in winter soldier they have a gravestone for nick fury, so assume they had a funeral.. would think questions would be asked by others who knew him

end game is a russo joint, who are actually pretty good at spectacle filmmaking like I said.
and infinity war CGI stuff actually is just okay, what's memorable is Thanos winning and the snap.

The 1st avengers is memorable because it's first and novel concept, not because it's some amazing piece of action filmmaking,

end game is a russo joint, who are actually pretty good at spectacle filmmaking like I said.
and infinity war CGI stuff actually is just okay, what's memorable is Thanos winning and the snap.

The 1st avengers is memorable because it's first and novel concept, not because it's some amazing piece of action filmmaking,

there are legit scenes in those movies that are extremely memorable.. for example, in infinity war you have Thor’s entrance.. in A1, you have stuff like hulk’s “puny god” and “wanna know my secret”, iron man’s “tale of Jonah” and multiple other scenes

even age of ultron has memorable moments/scenes, but that movie needed to be better edited/executed but the greatness doesn’t hit as hard as it should

but homecoming is a great example, not everything needs to be huge and over the top to be great.. they didnt come up with a grand reason to have ironman in the final fight or vulture to pull randoms out of nowhere

SC started off just him v his dad until the final 15mins when he had to save the universe. That type of stuff is not needed imo

Went to see Shang Chi, from the little bit I seen it was great I woke back up during the final battle. I knew I should’ve of went I was coming off a crazy shift I was so thirsty to go see it smh.

I’m going to go check it out again tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom