WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Role shoulda gone to Ali wong anyways or someone else
She's about to be in her 40s man.

I swear y'all just blindly cast ppl without considering other things :lol:

Said it before but there just isn't a long list of Asian American women in that age range yall can list.

Especially when we learn Colleen from Iron Fist was first choice and turned the role down.

Last edited:
im pretty sure they could have found someone else if they really wanted to but they wanted the name recognition to the relatively unknown simu

they could have gotten branda song, ashley park or even lana condor but for an annoying sidekick, lana condor would probably be a better choice for something else, cast her back as jubilee or something

and colleen/henwick is suppose to be for the sister role, not awkwafina

im pretty sure they could have found someone else if they really wanted to but they wanted the name recognition to the relatively unknown simu

they could have gotten branda song, ashley park or even lana condor but for an annoying sidekick, lana condor would probably be a better choice for something else, cast her back as jubilee or something

and colleen/henwick is suppose to be for the sister role, not awkwafina
Lana Condor would've been an absolute waste.

I forgot all about Brenda Song. Haven't seen her since New Girl.

No clue who Ashley Park is but a google search says she's Korean not Chinese. I thought they were doing accurate casting for movies like this from here on out as far as where it applies you know actually casting a Chinese person for a Chinese character.

I misremembered the Colleen casting. Seems Awkwafina was always the first choice as sidekick best friend.

She's about to be in her 40s man.

I swear y'all just blindly cast ppl without considering other things :lol:

Said it before but there just isn't a long list of Asian American women in that age range yall can list.

Especially when we learn Colleen from Iron Fist was first choice and turned the role down.

Didn’t know about JessicaBAE was being considered :blush:

Wait they wanted Colleen as the best friend or sister?
The sister.

She revealed this in some interview. It was posted in this thread. She ended up choosing her role in the Matrix instead.

I understand it given she may know something about Marvel bringing back in the Netflix Marvel characters; so far Fisk and Murdoch, rumors about the Punisher and Jessica Jones.

The sister.

She revealed this in some interview. It was posted in this thread. She ended up choosing her role in the Matrix instead.

I understand it given she may know something about Marvel bringing back in the Netflix Marvel characters; so far Fisk and Murdoch, rumors about the Punisher and Jessica Jones.

Danny Rand byke too? :rofl:

I gave Iron Fist a shot man
68EC5743-3D77-4AAD-83AC-4B82D3CDFD3E.gif

We’ve given a lot of space here to talk about Nora already but I have to reiterate that it doesn’t appear that part of her identity is from being around folks like that, I heard she was from a more affluent part of Queens. I could be wrong but there’s a difference. It makes sense if you’re from a certain part of town and that’s just how folks spoke, but if you just adopted it to become a character to come up/get fame then I’d think that’s exploitation.

Anyways I think it’s interesting that the two platonic relationships MCU has made examples of involved Asian characters: Shang Chi/Katie and Gilgamesh/Thena. That is unless y’all are telling me Gilgamesh smashed..

Lana Condor would've been an absolute waste.

I forgot all about Brenda Song. Haven't seen her since New Girl.

No clue who Ashley Park is but a google search says she's Korean not Chinese. I thought they were doing accurate casting for movies like this from here on out as far as where it applies you know actually casting a Chinese person for a Chinese character.

I misremembered the Colleen casting. Seems Awkwafina was always the first choice as sidekick best friend.

i dont think they needed a pure chinese actor, he being white washed chinese character was barely touched upon on so a korean chick like ashley would have worked just fine since she doesnt need to be a blood relative of seanchee anyways

but yeah, condor would have definitely been a waste and they definitely want an annoying sidekick and dasani fits the bill perfectly

i would have taken jamie chung or a recasted chloe bennet or claudia kim from harry potter

but i guess none of those chicks looks as goofy as crystal geyser so…

1644218876059.gif

We’ve given a lot of space here to talk about Nora already but I have to reiterate that it doesn’t appear that part of her identity is from being around folks like that, I heard she was from a more affluent part of Queens. I could be wrong but there’s a difference. It makes sense if you’re from a certain part of town and that’s just how folks spoke, but if you just adopted it to become a character to come up/get fame then I’d think that’s exploitation.

Anyways I think it’s interesting that the two platonic relationships MCU has made examples of involved Asian characters: Shang Chi/Katie and Gilgamesh/Thena. That is unless y’all are telling me Gilgamesh smashed..
There is that sexless Asian male stereotype/trope that runs rampant.

Even non-racists are guilty of it cuz its so engrained they don't even know they doing it.

They probably should've made Shang-Chi the first MCU movie with a sex scene.

There is that sexless Asian male stereotype/trope that runs rampant.

Even non-racists are guilty of it cuz its so engrained they don't even know they doing it.

They probably should've made Shang-Chi the first MCU movie with a sex scene.
To your exact point, it’s ironic that the first MCU sex scene actually involved an Asian woman, who are so often fetishized, in Gemma Chan’s Sersi.

I met her a few years ago at a food event in Flushing. I know her grandparents used to own an Old School Chinese restaurant called Lums back in the day on Northern Blvd. I think her mother passed away when she was young. She was raised by her father and grandmother in Forest Hills. Forest Hills isn't necessarily a rich area but it's a good neighborhood, a lot of houses and middle class and upper middle class families. I know Awk went to LaGuardia HS in Manhattan which is where a lot of actors go. Just being from Queens, hanging out in Queens, she was probably exposed to a lot of different cultures. But that doesn't necessarily mean she hung out with Hip Hop kids. From personal experience of growing up in Queens and being just a few years older than her, Asian kids tended to hang out mostly with other Asian kids, especially Asian females. Of course, there's always exceptions and I've known those exceptions. I wouldn't be surprised if she got into Hip Hop in her late teens and adopted this persona for internet clout. I know she said in interviews before that she created Awkwafina as a way to break out of her shyness. When she's going to all these bougie Hollywood events, she's going and behaving as Nora even if she's being announced as Awkwafina.

I enjoyed hawkeye.

that whistle part kinda reminded me of the martha moment tho 🤣

my brain must not be workin right anymore cuz i dont remember kingpin being indestructable like that. homeboy ate a bomb like it was turkey on thanksgiving and went to sleep afterwards 😂

The beating Kingpin took in Hawkeye definitely warranted the same bleed level that he received from Daredevil's fights. But the dude returned from the snap and became indestructible.

Back
Top Bottom