WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

What’s the consensus on Dr Strange movie? I watched it and it a little too odd for me not really my cup of tea. Is Wanda really that powerful though that she can just go around washing everybody.

I enjoyed it. Thought it was great.

For me, I wish Marvel marketing didn't reveal as much as they did in their trailers & I wish those online leaks didn't happen. Just would have been cool to not know of an Xavier appearance until the movie etc. I know that's impossible in this day & age, but a man can hope. :frown:

I know a lot of "casual" fans/critics didn't enjoy the movie because its builds upon existing programming such as Wandavision/What-IF that they didn't watch, so they were lost on what was going on since those consumers typically only watch what comes out in the movie theaters.

But yeah, I liked the movie.

PO

What’s the consensus on Dr Strange movie? I watched it and it a little too odd for me not really my cup of tea. Is Wanda really that powerful though that she can just go around washing everybody.
Watched it again and it didn’t hold up as well. Still a good movie but lower tier for rewatching

I really enjoyed it the first time in a theater, but re-watching at home, it was just fine.

I like the Raimi-ness of the second half of the movie. First half was cookie cutter MCU. CGI was blah.

It's meh to me, even the 1st movie. With space galaxy, multiverse themes, they are using a lot of CGI which I don't like. Call me old skul, but I much enjoy Captain America's movies. Civil War has balance CGI and real action, even for spidey scene. The fighting scene between Cap and Thanos in EG is like that too, in fact I think that's the best scene of all. I read all these shows/movies so far are leading to Secret Wars hints.

It's meh to me, even the 1st movie. With space galaxy, multiverse themes, they are using a lot of CGI which I don't like. Call me old skul, but I much enjoy Captain America's movies. Civil War has balance CGI and real action, even for spidey scene. The fighting scene between Cap and Thanos in EG is like that too, in fact I think that's the best scene of all. I read all these shows/movies so far are leading to Secret Wars hints.
the problem is that Disney is bombarding us a lot of CGI heavy movies rather than developing a great story plot. but I guess developing a plot is more time consuming and expensive compared to just let the special effects take care of the movie. the First Avenger imo was a great and gave more depth to the character rather than let the cgi team let loose.

How is he a perfect reed richards? Doesn't even look like reed from the cartoons or comics. Would fans even want him cast if he wasn't married to an actress they could hire for sue?

Or we can want both….

Technically yes next to Franklin Richards, can change reality. Top 5 most powerful in all of marvel. House of M she depleted half the mutant population alone.
Top 5 most powerful in all of Marvel??
6FFE79CE-22AE-4FEF-8171-7714B46D2393.gif

Watched it again and it didn’t hold up as well. Still a good movie but lower tier for rewatching

I think that’s what I felt too after my D+ rewatch. After the surprise of the Illuminati, there’s just not much replayability or much I feel I need to sit down and see again.

Was definitely caught up in the moment in theaters and gave it a strong 8.5 after, but after watching it again at home, I’d say I’d have it at a modest 7. Probably won’t ever rewatch this willingly but it can stay on in the background when it hits TNT. I didn’t hate it like that or anything.

Finally finished Dr Strange

It was alright….ALOT OF CGI…and most of it was not great……I feel like the Illuminati segment was super unnecessary & kinda corny. Blackbolt looked sick.

Reed, I’m not buying kraszinki as the world’s smartest man sorry…I couldn’t shake his comedic pedigree when I seen him in the costume….it almost felt like a parody.

I was semi-confused regarding the plot, all the multi-verse stuff is getting outta control

With that said it was still solid. Not a top tier MCU flick but good

If it was segmented and released as a show I think people would have been more receptive, the shows and movies are meshing together in not a good way.

Again, fatigue.

Back
Top Bottom