WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Only stuff I watched from him was Ragnarok and Jojo Rabbit. If it’s as silly as Jojo Rabbit then I can see how some people didn’t want Love & Thunder to be at that level.

Wasn’t impressed…….7/10
To me, a 7/10 sounds like, overall, you were satisfied with the story/movie. It impressed many positive things to your sensibilities and pallet.
Unless you’re on marvel’s payroll, no need to tell everyone they have to like everything they release.
I just read the last four pages. I see others are making the turn due to the fatigue (deluge of product), low quality, etc.

I’m also bewildered on a message board that you’re not allowed to come into a thread about specific topic and voice your opinion or defer from the majority. I get not trolling. But if you’re making a coherent, intelligent point, it should be welcomed.

Based on the feedback, I’ll probably just wait for Love and Thunder to show up on D+.

This review will have small SPOILERS. Here goes

8.5/10

Going into this movie I was a bit hesitant due to the fact that Thor is the first character to have a 4th solo movie and I was afraid that they couldn't go anywhere new with the character (and Asgard as a whole) but Jesus was I wrong. This movie was pure FUN, I laughed harder than Ragnarok and its around GoTG2 in terms of the jokes. The visuals were stunning (especially the fight on the mini planet with each weapons creating light), I just loved the movie.

Are MCU movies getting weirder and weirder? Yes, but why is that a bad thing? They are what into their 30th? movie and you guys want the same formula? These movies feel grand, epic, and even more cosmic than the previous phases. I just also want to announce that THE MCU IS STILL THE BEST MOVIE STUDIOS AND WILL BE FOR THE NEXT DECADE OR SO MINIMUM. So all you salty edge lords that keep crying and complaining go right ahead because there is absolutely nothing stopping Marvel Studios. They gave us the perfect movie in Avengers: Infinity War, but yet yall dare to complain? Who out there is better than Marvel right now? Star Wars? DC? Stop the pettiness and the bickering enjoy the ride because when its over its over. I loved all of the phase 4 movies (except Black Widow, it was OK at best and that could also be due to the fact that I didnt watch it in the theaters) and I adore this direction they are going on.

Now back to the movie, I was pleasantly with Mighty Thor, I thought her character arc throughout the film (and you could say throughout the MCU) was done to justice. I like that they brought back Dr Selvig, Darcy, Heimdall, etc and it felt like a more complete Thor film since it incorporated the pre-Taika Thor stuff than Ragnarok.

Christian Bale was PERFECT as Gorr, he did the absolute best with the little he was given. I just loved the movie and I just love the MCU. Cant wait for Black Panther and what else is in store for the best movie series EVER.

Kick rocks hater, go Marvel.

edit - im back, I see the same people who complained about Dr Strange is complaining about Thor, why the hell are you guys watching a movie opening weekend if you have a feeling you guys are not going to like it? IT baffles me how toxic this forum has become. I would never go watch a movie if Im not invested in it beforehand. Do some of yall not have anything else to do with yall life? It is wild to me.

No one in here could ever say they saw me in another fandom thread or movie thread complaining I never liked a movie or a cinematic universe. Some of yall weird and need some love in yall heart lol. Stop giving Disney your money if you dont like the MCU, its literally that simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
and the trolling starts, this thread wasn't like this back in the day. yall enjoy yall Friday
Says the guy who ended his review with: haters kick rocks.

So us disliking the movie means we’re haters huh?

I loved Thor 3. Loved MOM. Enjoyed the heck out of Eternals

To me, a 7/10 sounds like, overall, you were satisfied with the story/movie. It impressed many positive things to your sensibilities and pallet.

I just read the last four pages. I see others are making the turn due to the fatigue (deluge of product), low quality, etc.

I’m also bewildered on a message board that you’re not allowed to come into a thread about specific topic and voice your opinion or defer from the majority. I get not trolling. But if you’re making a coherent, intelligent point, it should be welcomed.

Based on the feedback, I’ll probably just wait for Love and Thunder to show up on D+.
call it toxic fandom or sheep mentality. heck, there are some here that their main argument is DC is much worse than what Marvel came up with which is asinine since it has no relevance whatsoever to the fact that Marvel made a crap movie or series. I have no allegiance to both DC and Marvel and I have my favorites on each universe and I can freely criticize a movie or a series if it's good or bad. as far as series goes, among the best series that Marvel based characters came up with are the Punisher and Daredevil. as far as DC... Smallville, Superman and Lois and Gotham.

and the trolling starts, this thread wasn't like this back in the day. yall enjoy yall Friday
Can I ask a serious question?

So let’s say in the Jordan 1 thread…if someone comes in and says they don’t like the weathered collar of the Chicago 1 Reimagined, is it not real discourse? Or is it trolling?

Generally enjoyed it...........But id only watch it a few more times, then i can do without. (Just like i`ve only seen ragnarok 2-3 times.)

I`m not into the whole 80`s rock band theme.........it was kinda cool the first time, now its kind of annoying.

Can I ask a serious question?

So let’s say in the Jordan 1 thread…if someone comes in and says they don’t like the weathered collar of the Chicago 1 Reimagined, is it not real discourse? Or is it trolling?

If they come in complain about the Jordan 2 and then the Jordan 3 and then the Jordan 4 then its trolling.

Why consume things youre not a fan of? We have so much options

edit - also, it takes 2 minutes to observe a sneakers and decide if you dont like it. A movie you would have to sit through something for 2 hours to come to a conclusion so this is a bad example to use.

It blows my mind when I see someone write

"Oh I just came from the midnight showing of Movie X, and I hated it"

lol what? like how

Last edited:
If they come in complain about the Jordan 2 and then the Jordan 3 and then the Jordan 4 then its trolling.

Why consume things youre not a fan of? We have so much options
But I’d they’re voicing their opinion about the Jordan 1, why can’t they exercise their freedom of speech on an internet message board to add to the discussion?

Is your opinion about Love and Thunder the only valid one? Or do I factor in Master Zik, Seeker, Vince’s, etc?

Generally enjoyed it...........But id only watch it a few more times, then i can do without. (Just like i`ve only seen ragnarok 2-3 times.)

I`m not into the whole 80`s rock band theme.........it was kinda cool the first time, now its kind of annoying.
And that’s fair. I think you stating you’d watch it a few times adds context. And the aesthetics (80s Rock theme) is not for you. So it was a good Marvel movie but it’s not like you’re going to Infinitely watch it like IW/EG.

I agree with you, Im not big on the rock and roll music, but it doesnt dampen the fun of the films.

Speaking of music, between Stranger Things and this movie, it’s crazy how 80’s music still hits hard today than it did 40 years ago.

I know they still use Motown, Elvis, Beatles, etc songs that are much older but that 80’s stuff just hits harder.

loved the music and probably one of the very, very few highlights

like i said, taika and gunn are keeping rock and roll music super relevant in the pop culture

Back
Top Bottom