WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Um.....what is this? Not sure what this team is, but it certainly isnt the Young Avengers.

Yes, they have already planted seeds for a lot of the Young Avengers in previous MCU shows/movies. But this aint it. Shuri and She Hulk? Captain America? What? The characters introduced so far in the MCU that are candidates for them are:

Wiccan
Speed
America Chavez
Ms. Marvel
Patriot
Kate Bishop
Kid Loki
Yelena (could be a Thunderbolts candidate too)
Stature
Love

That is a Young Avengers lineup. Ironheart has already had some plans in spite of not showing up on screen, but I am sure she will be included. Stature hasnt been introduced in hero form yet, but she is a virtual lock for this team as well. I have no idea why that graphic included old established superheroes.
Ironheart gonna be in BP and presumably Armor Wars as well

That would flop so bad if that was the new Avengers :lol: No way that happens :smh:

Also, I am very aware that the MCU is not completely faithful to the comics, but this team isnt even close to what New Avengers were in the comics. In the comics, the team was Captain America, Spiderman, Iron Man, Luke Cage, Wolverine, etc. Then there were other iterations which included The Thing, Bucky, Daredevil, Jessica Jones and others as well.

The "New Avengers" on that graphic are literally just pictures of established and alive characters that someone just threw together.

The "New Avengers" on that graphic are literally just pictures of established and alive characters that someone just threw together.

Yeah, I took it as them just being "new" versions of Avengers characters and not the actual group called New Avengers.

Jane’s actual line was “She won’t be alone.” After Jane dies, Gorr looks at Thor for reassurance and Thor nods.

I mean the child didn’t do anything to Thor and Thor’s journey showed him that the Gods were like Gorr was saying. He’s not going to be as petty as say Zeus or Hera. They would have done the worst to that child.

Seriously these last 2 movies are about adoption low key.

Hmm I guess I didn’t catch the Thor/Gorr acknowledgment look. I remember I was confused/surprised at everything crazy that was going down for all the characters at once :lol:

Ya the child is innocent, I think it’s weird to me the connection to the two is that dad beat up and killed your real dad. It would be a lot less weird if she was a total stranger child lol.

Good point about Thor’s journey. I really did like how much his emotional maturity grew over the movie from I just want to fight and then “I want to be ******” to being a single girl dad.

I’m hoping that the next Thor won’t be directed by Taika and they’ll fix that
Taika's definitely finishing his Thor trilogy.

So expect more of the same in Thor 5.
Besides Jane Thor, they’re pretty much there already. Can’t say I’m as hyped as I used to be but I’ll give each movie/character a chance.

FA949356-08E9-46F9-8D67-99438FE44859.jpeg

Except Ms. Marvel, nothing I’ve seen or read about in here makes me think it’s essential to really watch at the moment.

Likewise for She-Hulk. Trailer was clearly not for me as a viewer.

So basically Black Panther 2, Cap 4, and whatever Florence Bae’s in:lol:
Somebody just mixed the Young Avengers, Champions, She-Hulk, and Sam Cap for some weird reason :rofl:

Also why no Dr. Strange?

Last edited:

Im in the same industry, same level clients, it comes with the work.

If youre breaking down and crying after a VFX render session, youre mentally fragile and weak.

Dude was right to find another line of work. He aint cut for this.

7/8

Enjoyed it throughout and left the theater with a much more positive feeling versus how i felt leaving MoM.

I keep reading people bringing up goofy Thor. Did y'all not see Ragnarok, IW or EG? This is the direction they been took with Thor. Taika saw Hemsworth's comedic chops and wanted to bring them out.

Was it overdone? Probably. Not all the jokes landed but there were still some low-key funny lines. ("ZEUS Zeus. That Zeus. I don't think he goes by any other names.") I thought Portman did okay as a first time hero trying to come into her own but still having a certain vulnerability.

Definitely needed more Tessa and Bale. Apparently a lot of Gorr scenes were left on the cutting room floor. Zeus was hit or miss. Just the right amount of Guardians.

Not a perfect film though. Jane and Thor had a lot to talk about regarding loss and changes. There was definitely some missed opportunities within their scenes together. I was hoping they would cover whether Jane was blipped or not. Can't even get a line about Darcy's solo outing in NJ?

I think part of my enjoyment also came from the fact that I avoided any and all spoilers. Jumped ship on this thread weeks ago and damn near stayed off IG and Twitter.

Solid outing and still looking forward to what's next for Thor Odinson. It did say he would return after all.

7/8

Enjoyed it throughout and left the theater with a much more positive feeling versus how i felt leaving MoM.

I keep reading people bringing up goofy Thor. Did y'all not see Ragnarok, IW or EG? This is the direction they been took with Thor. Taika saw Hemsworth's comedic chops and wanted to bring them out.

Was it overdone? Probably. Not all the jokes landed but there were still some low-key funny lines. ("ZEUS Zeus. That Zeus. I don't think he goes by any other names.") I thought Portman did okay as a first time hero trying to come into her own but still having a certain vulnerability.

Definitely needed more Tessa and Bale. Apparently a lot of Gorr scenes were left on the cutting room floor. Zeus was hit or miss. Just the right amount of Guardians.

Not a perfect film though. Jane and Thor had a lot to talk about regarding loss and changes. There was definitely some missed opportunities within their scenes together. I was hoping they would cover whether Jane was blipped or not. Can't even get a line about Darcy's solo outing in NJ?

I think part of my enjoyment also came from the fact that I avoided any and all spoilers. Jumped ship on this thread weeks ago and damn near stayed off IG and Twitter.

Solid outing and still looking forward to what's next for Thor Odinson. It did say he would return after all.

got to be the most negative, positive review ever? :lol:

7/8 but…

was it overdone- probably, still some low-key funny lines

portman did okay

needed more tessa and bale

zeus was hit or miss

not a perfect film and lots of missed opportunities

needs more darcy

:rofl:

its like the only good part is the “some low-key funny lines” and that made it 7/8

got to be the most negative, positive review ever? :lol:

7/8 but…

was it overdone- probably, still some low-key funny lines

portman did okay

needed more tessa and bale

zeus was hit or miss

not a perfect film and lots of missed opportunities

needs more darcy

:rofl:

its like the only good part is the “some low-key funny lines” and that made it 7/8
You're right. It does read negative. But all in all i enjoyed it a lot but at the same time I wanted to address some of the cons i had been reading from my POV.

Looking at the IMDb to see who played Hercules, turned out to be a random no-name who’s 5’ 10” I assume they’ll cast a bigger name in all senses of the word.

This name caught my eye lol same spelling too

Looking back at it, this is one of Marvels laziest films when it comes to storytelling.

Shame because it was legit funny minus whenever Jane tried to be funny.

Last edited:
Looking at the IMDb to see who played Hercules, turned out to be a random no-name who’s 5’ 10” I assume they’ll cast a bigger name in all senses of the word.

Having zero knowledge of who this guy is, my guess is he is Steven with a ph instead of a v, not pronounced like Steph.

Looking back at it, this is one of Marvels laziest films when it comes to storytelling.

Shame because it was legit minus whenever Jane tried to be funny.
it showed more like an episode rather than a full movie. having said that, it's not as horrible as the Ms. Marvel series.

hercules dude is an breakout star from ted lasso and yeah dude is small but they'll probably cg him to be bigger

1.gif

hercules dude is an breakout star from ted lasso and yeah dude is small but they'll probably cg him to be bigger

1.gif

That gif is wild :oo

Don’t watch Ted Lasso, seems he’s a comedic guy which works out pretty well to be the semi-narcissist frat boy Hercules. could use camera tricks to make him taller but CGI for a physique eh, just put him on the usual Marvel workout plan with some roids mixed in

Back
Top Bottom