WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Basically I don't mind the restructuring. If there was issues about money on casting Civil War, I happy that was fixed and shouldn't be as big an issue in future.

A big thing I can see it effecting is TV. According to that article, apparently Feige has already been controlling movies even around the Creative Committee anyways. So with the change, he will still continue to do his thing anyways in movies. But with movies off limits to the committee, more of their attention might go to TV. Maybe we ended up with more shows than the 5 we know about. It might lessen the likelyhood of Movie/TV crossovers, but I really don't see that as a bad thing. Anything in regards to TV crossovers was going to be a while before it actually happened, rightfully so.
This can only be a good thing.

If they can get AoS and Agent Carter to be more focused and imo thus better like DD is that'd be great.

I had no idea fans cared this much about the inside workings of marvel.. yall got me on that. Im just a fan of the characters

It's to an extent. If two execs argue a lot it's w/e, so what? but if that leads to hurting the quality of the product well then fans are gonna want to know. If only to figure out who to blame. Especially if one slight by one party can lead to changes in other areas (comics, cartoons, tv, video games, theme park ****, movies, etc.)

Some times it's interesting to see the differing viewpoints. At least for me that's the extent of it. I couldn't care more unless I owned some Marvel or Disney stock.

Then there's the other side of things where if some exec is a racist or sexist or anti- something the social justice warriors are going to want to know if only to get banging away on their keyboards and that in itself can **** up how things are run when it comes to the public image.

Either way it passes the time until the next MCU movie or tv show

Last edited:
I honestly don't see the difference between a sports fan keeping up on trades and contract extensions and free agency and a movie fan doing the same

I just really like to follow the business side of Marvel.

#kanyeshrug

I honestly don't see the difference between a sports fan keeping up on trades and contract extensions and free agency and a movie fan doing the same

#kanyeshrug

wasn't saying it was bad to do..

your example though i think it would be deeper than that the way yall going in..
its like was his trainer feeding him the right foods. I wonder if he showered before bed or in the morning

#kanyeshrug

He wasnt knocking us. :lol:

But I agree. I like the business side of all my hobbies too. When GTA V was coming out the expected day one sales were $400. As soon as I heard that I said ********. Even on a terrible day that game is moving $600. Ended up doing $800. Keep track of **** in fashion like whether or not collabs are good for a brand or not. To me that stuff is fun. Its why I went into accounting and am moving into finance in the next couple years.

Wow..actually like AOU better than the first.

I understand why for some people prefer the 1st movie but thats why we're entitled to our own opinion lol

#kanyeshrug

wasn't saying it was bad to do..

your example though i think it would be deeper than that the way yall going in..
its like was his trainer feeding him the right foods. I wonder if he showered before bed or in the morning
You need to spend a few pgs in a Knicks or Lakers thread :lol:

#kanyeshrug
same

i like comparing these films and the business of them to sports :lol:

AOU story was weak if you ask me compared the previous movies. You need a better story or someone significant dying to get more people to watch the movie.

Chris Evans on Extending His Marvel Contract: “If They Want Me, They Got Me”

Listen, if Marvel wants me they got me. I’ve never had such a relationship where you have such—I mean look at my resume, I’m used to being on set being like, ‘Ah is this movie gonna be terrible?’ Marvel just can’t stop making great movies, they do it in their sleep. It’s wonderful directors and producers and actors and scripts, and it’s like a playground as an actor
It’s so mind-boggling that I was so tentative in the beginning to jump onboard. What an ******* I would be if I hadn’t done this. I mean can you imagine? Kicking myself—I’d never forgive myself!”
http://collider.com/chris-evans-eager-to-extend-marvel-contract-past-avengers-4/

:pimp:

Last edited:
Now thats News I love to hear...!!!! He about to be on that RDJ money. 10 mil to make a 10 minute appearance

Listen, if Marvel wants me they got me. I’ve never had such a relationship where you have such—I mean look at my resume, I’m used to being on set being like, ‘Ah is this movie gonna be terrible?’ Marvel just can’t stop making great movies, they do it in their sleep. It’s wonderful directors and producers and actors and scripts, and it’s like a playground as an actor
It’s so mind-boggling that I was so tentative in the beginning to jump onboard. What an ******* I would be if I hadn’t done this. I mean can you imagine? Kicking myself—I’d never forgive myself!”
http://collider.com/chris-evans-eager-to-extend-marvel-contract-past-avengers-4/

View media item 1699541

Last edited:
Now thats News I love to hear...!!!! He about to be on that RDJ money. 10 mil to make a 10 minute appearance
Whoa that's definitely not happening :lol:

Evans changed his tune real quick :lol:

Josh Hartnett somewhere real salty (son had his choice of Spidey, Batman, and Superman :lol: )

Out here like

View media item 1699747
View media item 1699748

View media item 1699753

View media item 1699756

Last edited:
At least he's on a good show like Penny Dreadful now with the chance of getting some sweet Eva Green yambs.

So Which Marvel Studio Films Did The Creative Committee Influence The Most?

Bleeding Cool recently reported how the Marvel Creative Committee, most recently consisting of President Alan Fine, Publisher Dan Buckley, CCO Joe Quesada and writer Brian Bendis supported by CEO Isaac Perlmutter, who met to give notes on Marvel’s films, was shut down months ago by studio head Kevin Feige, prior to his move to remove Marvel Studios from the wider Marvel company.

But when it came to the films, all they gave were only ever suggestions. Intended to be considered by Kevin Feige, and then acted upon or ignored, depending.

After talking to Disney sources, and relying on some public knowledge, for better or worse, these are films that the MCC’s suggestions most influenced:

Iron Man, Avengers, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War.

Indeed, from that original Iron Man film, comic creators were brought in by the MCC to work on the film. Bendis wrote the post credit scene with Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury, but Matt Fraction and Mark Millar were involved, and Millar has talked about pushing to switch the Mandarin as the Big Bad in favour of the Iron Monger.

And the films that the MCC have had the least, or no, influence on: Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Avengers: Age Of Ultron.

Hulk, Ant Man and the Thors, are somewhere in the middle. What conclusions you may draw from this are your own.

But for those that state that the MCC was heavy handed and had to be canned, they simply didn’t have that power. For those that argue that they had no influence, so what was the point of them, we can see on the screen that wasn’t the case. As ever the truth was in the middle, a celebration of a collaboration from all sides.

But as of now, that collaboration is done.

these are films that the MCC’s suggestions most influenced:

Iron Man, Avengers, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War.

And the films that the MCC have had the least, or no, influence on: Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Avengers: Age Of Ultron.

:x :smh:

Ya'll still happy about the break-up?

Last edited:
Just to balance it a bit this is that writer's view/take (Rich) from the info he's been able to get from sources along with the facts as we all know them.

From that piece it doesn't look good.

I started thinking maybe Ike didn't fight this cuz he's willing to see how much rope Disney gives Feige. While Feige has been producing these comic book movies since the 2000s he is on a contract unlike Ike who will remain a fixture at Marvel and Disney until he dies or decides to retire.

The 3 movies plus Ant-Man are the movies where the directors said Marvel butted in too much. So you can just as easily say it was their fault those movies were garbage.

Back
Top Bottom