WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Alex Ross :nthat:

But I can't wait for Marvel to get out of this "All new, All different" phase.
It's not a phase. It's a promotional campaign no different than Marvel NOW!

Also to get to continuance of stuff like this, EiC of Marvel, Axel Alonso is actually making a concerted effort to change a few things on Marvel comics and leave his mark. We're already seeing it in how he diversifies genres and characters.

You should expect more of this as long as Axel remains EiC which looks like it'll be a near 10 year run unless he gets promoted.
Miles Morales should've died with the ultimate universe. Kamala Kahn as Ms. Marvel :stoneface:
Do you even read comics b?

The ******ed hate for Ms. Marvel makes no sense. All she did was take a vacant spot. Carol is Captain Marvel, Kamala taking the name is no different than Wally West becoming the Flash or better yet Barry Allen becoming the Flash or Hal Jordan becoming the main Earth GL.

Get over it.

Last edited:
Miles Morales on screen would've been a waste of time.
Baseless statement.

As was the previous one.
No it wasn't. Just because you don't see the value in a character and putting that character in movies doesn't mean there is none or that that person's opinion doesn't have some truth in it.

Miles Morales at the end of the day just isn't worth putting on screen over Peter Parker.
Baseless statement remains baseless.
Who would even play Miles Morales?
Is this a serious question?

The dude cast as Peter Parker is a ******* nobody :lol:
I'm not a fan of children/teenage characters in any movie type franchise. They almost always inevitably bomb.
W/e pattern you're referring to really doesn't apply to comic book movies.

Also lets not pretend like there aren't a bunch of 20 something actors playing teenagers all the damn time in successful *** movies.

Has nothing to do with not seeing any value in a character. Has to do with not placing too much value in said character. Miles Morales is ok, but just ok. That's it.

By all means explain to me how "Miles Morales could have solidified the superiority of the MCU" :rolleyes Sounds like you're defending one claim because you happen to like it or agree with it and in turn pushing others aside.

And no its really not baseless at all. Peter Parker's more well known than Miles Morales. His comic has consistently outsold that of Miles Morales. Miles Morales as a character has no memorable storylines whatsoever. There's nothing inherently superior about him to justify using him instead of Peter. It'd be like using Thunderstrike or Beta Ray Bill instead of Thor, or if Rhodey had shown up as Iron Man or War Machine before Tony Stark. Why do either, when the originals are available?

Using Miles Morales on screen instead of Peter Parker would've been a waste and made zero sense.

Last edited:
The dude cast as Peter Parker is a ******* nobody
laugh.gif

Also lets not pretend like there aren't a bunch of 20 something actors playing teenagers all the damn time in successful *** movies.
I don't know a single comic book movie with a child/teen actor.. enlighten me please. (Not trying to be rude, just saying.)

I'm totally fine with 20 something year old actors playing teenagers. I have nothing against teenage characters, I don't like teenage actors.

Especially young *** looking ones ones like the dude cast as Peter Parker. I HATE the look of that kid. Looks like the dude that sat in the bathroom and ate lunch alone on the ****ter all the time, even in high school.

Baseless statement.

As was the previous one.
No it wasn't. Just because you don't see the value in a character and putting that character in movies doesn't mean there is none or that that person's opinion doesn't have some truth in it.

Miles Morales at the end of the day just isn't worth putting on screen over Peter Parker.

I'm not a fan of children/teenage characters in any movie type franchise. They almost always inevitably bomb.

Has nothing to do with not seeing any value in a character. Has to do with not placing too much value in said character.
:lol:

So you see value in the character but don't place "too much" in him, okay.
Miles Morales is ok, but just ok. That's it.

By all means explain to me how "Miles Morales could have solidified the superiority of the MCU" :rolleyes
Ok so you don't see the significance of it then.
And no its really not baseless at all. Peter Parker's more well known than Miles Morales. His comic has consistently outsold that of Miles Morales. Miles Morales as a character has no memorable storylines whatsoever. There's nothing inherently superior about him to justify using him instead of Peter. It'd be like using Thunderstrike or Beta Ray Bill instead of Thor, or if Rhodey had shown up as Iron Man or War Machine before Tony Stark. Why do either, when the originals are available?

Using Miles Morales on screen instead of Peter Parker would've been a waste and made zero sense.
After all of the Peter Parker false starts it would've made a lot of sense and been the exact opposite of a waste really.

Great stories can always be penned. You talking like any of the good Spidey movies adapted a whole lot from the comic stories.

There hasn't been one Spider-Man movie that's directly made use of any of all of the memorable Peter stories. Comic sales are irrelevant in this topic.

Alex Ross :nthat:

But I can't wait for Marvel to get out of this "All new, All different" phase.

Miles Morales should've died with the ultimate universe. Kamala Kahn as Ms. Marvel :stoneface:

Ms Marvel is one of the best comics out right now. Go away.

Kamala >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Miles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Peter

Last edited:

I don't know a single comic book movie with a child/teen actor.. enlighten me please. (Not trying to be rude, just saying.)
I'm totally fine with 20 something year old actors playing teenagers. I have nothing against teenage characters, I don't like teenage actors.
Especially young *** looking ones ones like the dude cast as Peter Parker. I HATE the look of that kid. Looks like the dude that sat in the bathroom and ate lunch alone on the ****ter all the time, even in high school.

So Marvel cast a guy who looks like a nerd to play a nerdy high school Peter Parker

That's crazy >D

Why are you harping on children or teen actors so much?

Miles Morales isn't a child.

He's a teenager.

But like I said just cuz he is doesn't mean the actor playing him has to be a teenager.

This point you're bringing up is meaningless. Plus your premise is off, you say you don't know of a single cbm with a child/teen actor. First you'd need to name some of the more viable child/teen comic book characters that could get movies to start with.

I mean your initial statement was movies/franchises with child/teen actors usually bomb. What movies are you even talking about then? Especially if you can't name any comic book movies with child/teen actors in them.

Never mind you're kinda ignoring the entire Harry Potter franchise :lol:

But regardless, when it comes to teenage protagonists, Hollywood usually gets 20 somethings to play them anyway.

Nobody ever said a teenage character had to be played by a teenage actor. This is your narrative man.

I'm not fighting that fight.

Last edited:
Baseless statement.

As was the previous one.

Has nothing to do with not seeing any value in a character. Has to do with not placing too much value in said character.

So you see value in the character but don't place "too much" in him, okay.
Miles Morales is ok, but just ok. That's it.

By all means explain to me how "Miles Morales could have solidified the superiority of the MCU" :rolleyes
Ok so you don't see the significance of it then.

After all of the Peter Parker false starts it would've made a lot of sense and been the exact opposite of a waste really.

Great stories can always be penned. You talking like any of the good Spidey movies adapted a whole lot from the comic stories.

There hasn't been one Spider-Man movie that's directly made use of any of all of the memorable Peter stories. Comic sales are irrelevant in this topic.

Don't see enough value in him to think that it's going to make the MCU special in some way. :rolleyes

Peter Parker false starts? :lol: The first film was excellent, passing 100 mill in a weekend and earned great ratings. I didn't personally care for the latter two as much as the first, but the second film broke the first's opening day record and also earned great reviews. The third was then moderately successful, but easily was the worst received in the trilogy. Amazing Spider-Man was the 7th highest grossing film of that year and while not as well recieved as Spider-Man did receive solid reviews. ASM2 was then not as well received. So overall I again see no reason not to continue using Peter Parker.

True enough, but Miles doesn't have any great stories or any major villains of his own that people are instantly going to recognize, once more going back to the issue of why he should be used instead of Peter.

Sales really aren't irrelevant at all, as they tell us who comic fans themselves prefer between the two and its Peter. Again, what reason is there to use Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker? Comic fans love Peter, film fans have been receptive to him, so why not continue using the character that's worked out well so far?

All i'm hearing is that we should use Miles Morales instead of Peter just because. :lol: And apparently he's going to "solidify" the MCU's superiority just cause as well. :rofl:

Last edited:
Why are you harping on children or teen actors so much?

Miles Morales isn't a child.

He's a teenager.

But like I said just cuz he is doesn't mean the actor playing him has to be a teenager.

This point you're bringing up is meaningless. Plus your premise is off, you say you don't know of a single cbm with a child/teen actor. First you'd need to name some of the more viable child/teen comic book characters that could get movies to start with.

I mean your initial statement was movies/franchises with child/teen actors usually bomb. What movies are you even talking about then? Especially if you can't name any comic book movies with child/teen actors in them.

Never mind you're kinda ignoring the entire Harry Potter franchise
laugh.gif

But regardless, when it comes to teenage protagonists, Hollywood usually gets 20 somethings to play them anyway.
Nobody ever said a teenage character had to be played by a teenage actor. This is your narrative man.

I'm not fighting that fight.
laugh.gif
Man, I hate the Harry Potter franchise. Those movies are trash.

Home Alone was good. The next ones were doggy doo

I was just saying before that I didn't know who would play Miles. The dude playing Pete is actually really young this go round, isn't he? Not a 20-something year old but an actual teenager. He looks 11 dough.

I can't think of a single comic book movie with a child/teen actor in it. Is there any? Like I said I'm seriously clueless on this topic.

Nah b. You laugh at him but thats what causes him to snap.
besides, whats that on his face?

Last edited:
:lol: :rofl:

At least he actually looks like a teen, instead of an actor in his 20's playing one.

Visually it'll work well with the ages of the other actors, driving home just how young Spider-Man is in comparison to them.

Last edited:
Don't see enough value in him to think that it's going to make the MCU special in some way. :rolleyes
So like I said you don't see it.

It's exactly what I said.

Just because you don't see the value in a character and putting that character in movies doesn't mean there is none or that that person's opinion doesn't have some truth in it.

Peter Parker false starts? :lol: The first film was excellent, passing 100 mill in a weekend and earned great ratings.
I was obviously referring to ASM and the span of Spidey movies overall the past decade +. When it comes to the first incarnation it's more about what ended up happening with SM3. Pretty much tanked potential for that continuity continuing. Hence, SM4 & 5 being scrapped.
So overall I again see no reason not to continue using Peter Parker.
This is more about rebooting Spidey for a 2nd time in such short intervals and still starting with Peter in HS. You keep saying waste but it'd be nothing but a fresh start to introduce Miles Morales, the circumstances of his origin, and supporting cast. There's a lot of unsaid things about what Miles represents (if done right) that would be highly praised if he was put on the big screen instead of Peter.

I'll say it right now, the ONLY reason this next incarnation of Spider-Man will be successful is because of the close ties to and inclusion of the MCU. The ONLY reason.

SONY would be left with a bleak outlook on Spidey movies and their attempt to expand Spidey's universe with spinoffs without Marvel studios help. Not as bleak as F4 but pretty bleak in comparison to successful cbm by competitors.
True enough, but Miles doesn't have any great stories or any major villains of his own that people are instantly going to recognize, once more going back to the issue of why he should be used instead of Peter.
Sounds even better. Nothing about a Miles movie would have fans saying this is just a Peter movie in black skin. This is the opportunity of presenting something familiar in a new way. It's Spider-Man in the title so fans will be curious regardless. Fans don't instantly recognize villains? Fine here's the chance to be blown away (or disappointed, it's all about if it's done right) by a different take on Spider-Man and this relatively new rogues gallery.

A Miles Morales as Spider-Man movie has the iconic imagery that all Spidey fans love and would be drawn to along with the mystery and excitement of something new that Guardians of the Galaxy surprised everybody with.

I'm not saying he's outright better than Peter but if that movie was made it wouldn't be far behind the Spidey movies that already came out quality or box office wise. Quality wise, I'm betting that the writers, producers, and directors involved would be able to learn from past mistakes to give us a better story.

Sales really aren't irrelevant at all
Spider-Man comic book sales when we're talking about a Miles movie vs. a Peter movie is pretty irrelevant. They have no basis in this hypothetical situation where a Miles movie is made. Hell my stance isn't even that that a Miles movie would make billions more than any Peter movie. I haven't even hinted to anything close to that. I also never said something like Miles comics sales are huge so his movies sales would be too.

That Amazing Spider-Man sells more than any other Spidey title is not proof of anything. It's one of if not the longest running comic at Marvel. Only recently interrupted by Superior Spider-Man

as they tell us who comic fans themselves prefer between the two and its Peter.

Again, what reason is there to use Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker? Comic fans love Peter, film fans have been receptive to him, so why not continue using the character that's worked out well so far?
No, no, no. Not at all. Amazing Spider-Man sold huge #s when Ben Reilly was the main Spidey. The Aforementioned Superior Spider-Man did ASM #s when Doc Ock was Spidey.

You swap Peter out for almost any character attached to a compelling story and it'll do great #s because It's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. I don't know if you're aware of this but that's just how it is with comics. Fans buy the mainstays almost regardless and sales only surge when the stories are better. It's the same for Batman, Uncanny X-Men, and Justice League. Batman selling more doesn't necessarily mean Bruce Wayne is the best bar none, especially when he gets replaced by ****, his son, AzBats, and currently Commissioner ******* Gordon. This is even more apparent in team books when rosters constantly change. The only thing ASM selling more than Ultimate Spider-Man tells us is what most comic fans already knew, after the Ultimatum event, the Ultimate Marvel comics lost their appeal and began a slow death.

It didn't matter that Hickman told a great Ultimates story or that Bendis take on Miles was fresh, new, and engaging specifically in comparison to his Peter Parker Ultimate rehash. The sales just weren't there anymore and the main MU was being revitalized by doing things that the Ultimate line was originally doing. The Ultimate comics suffered like a 4-5 year long slow torturous painful death.

Also there's stuff you can't ignore like Dan Slott's ASM being really good.

Miles instead of Peter has plenty of reasons to be done which I've mentioned in this post. To pretend that because fans have been receptive to two different versions of Peter that we should just keep going kinda ignores why SONY had to reboot Spidey AGAIN. Fan reception won't be a problem for ANY Spidey movie even if it was Spider-Ham.

Last edited:
You couldn't have payed me to read a Peter Parker story for a long time, I'm tired of it. Miles got me back into spider man.

Man, I hate the Harry Potter franchise. Those movies are trash.
Home Alone was good. The next ones were doggy doo
They sold amazingly though. So much so that there's a spinoff film franchise coming similar to how Lord of the Rings got it's Hobbit spinoff. So they did something right with those child actors. I never got through all the Potter movies so I can't comment on quality.

The first two Home Alone movies are classics. What are you smoking.
I was just saying before that I didn't know who would play Miles. The dude playing Pete is actually really young this go round, isn't he? Not a 20-something year old but an actual teenager. He looks 11 dough.
I think he's 20 or just barely not a teenager anymore but yeah he does look super young.

All I'm saying with Miles is they could get a good actor to play him that looks young that's actually older. Not that he has to be a teenager.
I can't think of a single comic book movie with a child/teen actor in it. Is there any? Like I said I'm seriously clueless on this topic.
They haven't made them or included the characters. However, the obvious reason for that to me isn't cuz of them being young and not being able to act but cuz the idea of a grown *** man crazy enough to dress up in a costume to fight crime has an acceptable level of suspension of disbelief, employing children to fight crime with you though is just stupid and unforgivable.

It's why Robin was 20 something in those Clooney Batman movies. Simply put, the idea of Robin the boy wonder is ******* stupid. Hence why Bucky wasn't some teenager running around with Cap in World War ******* II in the Cap movie :lol: Stan Lee and others have spoken on the absurdness of it in comics which is why he and Kirby ends up killing Bucky in the comics and why in Marvel no solo superhero goes around teaming up with children to fight crime. Only slight exception is Wolverine and his female partners who are usually at least 18 but I'm slightly off topic going with this tangent, this is my Robin and other children sidekicks are stupid argument. To make it work you gotta go extreme, like Hit-Girl in Kick-***.

As for children/teenage superhero movies or even tv shows. Nobody has tried. Not a lot are big draws. Teen Titans will be getting a tv show but I doubt any of the actors will be teenagers and I bet on the show they'll all be at least 18, that's young adult territory. There's never gonna be a Power Pack movie. I see lots of fans rave about a Runaways tv show but it's pretty clear why that wasn't Marvel's first choice out of the gate or even now.

Harry Potter movies were def not that nice. Books were better.

The last three Pirates of the Caribbean movies sold well... means nothing.

Home Alone 2 was aaaiite. Nowhere near as good as the first.

So like I said you don't see it.

It's exactly what I said.

Just because you don't see the value in a character and putting that character in movies doesn't mean there is none or that that person's opinion doesn't have some truth in it.

Peter Parker false starts? :lol: The first film was excellent, passing 100 mill in a weekend and earned great ratings.
I was obviously referring to ASM and the span of Spidey movies overall the past decade +. When it comes to the first incarnation it's more about what ended up happening with SM3. Pretty much tanked potential for that continuity continuing. Hence, SM4 & 5 being scrapped.
So overall I again see no reason not to continue using Peter Parker.
This is more about rebooting Spidey for a 2nd time in such short intervals and still starting with Peter in HS. You keep saying waste but it'd be nothing but a fresh start to introduce Miles Morales, the circumstances of his origin, and supporting cast. There's a lot of unsaid things about what Miles represents (if done right) that would be highly praised if he was put on the big screen instead of Peter.

I'll say it right now, the ONLY reason this next incarnation of Spider-Man will be successful is because of the close ties to and inclusion of the MCU. The ONLY reason.

SONY would be left with a bleak outlook on Spidey movies and their attempt to expand Spidey's universe with spinoffs without Marvel studios help. Not as bleak as F4 but pretty bleak in comparison to successful cmb movies by competitors.
Sounds even better. Nothing about a Miles movie would have fans saying this is just a Peter movie in black skin. This is the opportunity of presenting something familiar in a new way. It's Spider-Man in the title so fans will be curious regardless. Fans don't instantly recognize villains? Fine here's the chance to be blown away (or disappointed, it's all about if it's done right) by a different take on Spider-Man.

A Miles Morales as Spider-Man movie has the iconic imagery that all Spidey fans love and would be drawn to along with the mystery and excitement of something new that Guardians of the Galaxy surprised everybody with.

I'm not saying he's outright better than Peter but if that movie was made it wouldn't be far behind the Spidey movies that already came out quality or box office wise. Quality wise, I'm betting that the writers, producers, and directors involved would be able to learn from past mistakes to give us a better story.

Sales really aren't irrelevant at all
Spider-Man comic book sales when we're talking about a Miles movie vs. a Peter movie is pretty irrelevant. They have no basis in this hypothetical situation where a Miles movie is made. Hell my stance isn't even that that a Miles movie would make billions more than any Peter movie. I haven't even hinted to anything close to that. I also never said something like Miles comics sales are huge so his movies sales would be too.

That Amazing Spider-Man sells more than any other Spidey title is not proof of anything. It's one of if not the longest running comic at Marvel. Only recently interrupted by Superior Spider-Man

Again, what reason is there to use Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker? Comic fans love Peter, film fans have been receptive to him, so why not continue using the character that's worked out well so far?
as they tell us who comic fans themselves prefer between the two and its Peter.
No, no, no. Not at all. Amazing Spider-Man sold huge #s when Ben Reilly was the main Spidey. The Aforementioned Superior Spider-Man did ASM #s when Doc Ock was Spidey.

You swap Peter out for almost any character attached to a compelling story and it'll do great #s because It's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. I don't know if you're aware of this but that's just how it is with comics. Fans buy the mainstays almost regardless and sales only surge when the stories are better. It's the same for Batman, Uncanny X-Men, and Justice League. Batman selling more doesn't necessarily mean Bruce Wayne is the best bar none, especially when he gets replaced by ****, his son, AzBats, and currently Commissioner ******* Gordon. This is even more apparent in team books when rosters constantly change. The only thing ASM selling more than Ultimate Spider-Man tells us is what most comic fans already knew, after the Ultimatum event, the Ultimate Marvel comics lost their appeal and began a slow death.

Again, I at no point said that Miles had no value as a character. :rolleyes I made clear that I didn't believe he'd be some big hit character that'd shake things up at Marvel and solidify it as superior to anything else.

Which says nothing about using Peter Parker again.

It's going to be a fresh start regardless whether its Peter or Miles, so there's again no inherent need for Miles to be used over Peter. As characters, both are capable of bringing similar and different elements to the MCU, and of course the success of either will be based on the writing. Were Sony still making Spider-Man films instead of Marvel, the situation would most certainly be different. However, Marvel also has better writers than Sony overall when it comes to these superheroes. I expect the next Spider-Man movie to be of a higher quality, because Marvel's films as a whole have been of a higher quality. It'll naturally be boosted even further by the name of Marvel, but that's inevitable and would effect a Miles Morales or Ben Reily movie as well.

Comic sales are direct proof of how many fans a comic has, which once again play to film sales, which when we're talking about what characters should be introduced or used over another is fairly important. Overall, I think Miles Morales could be introduced and be successful, because he's a successful comic book character as well (And I also think that at this point Marvel's a machine that can't fail no matter who the character/team is) But if Miles doesn't bring the company more money than Peter does I don't see any benefit to them using him before they use Peter.

Superior Spider-Man was also heavily loved by fans and critics alike, so you can't just say it did great numbers because it's Spider-Man, when there are actual reasons given as to why people loved Ock as Spider-Man. In the same way, a lot of people liked Ben Reily. A lot of people hated Jean Paul Valley replacing Bruce Wayne, but loved Knightfall as a story arc and therefore the sales remained steady. On the flip side, Falcon took over as Captain America and sales dropped. It's not just one reason or the other, there are many.

I don't even have an issue with Miles ever appearing in Marvel (Nor do I think does anyone else) I just don't see why he'd be appearing before Peter Parker.

Last edited:
Bruh I started a war :rofl:

As it stands, they should have either figured out how to shoehorn Garfield's character into the MCU or just flipped the chessboard and casted Miles

That kid from Dope would have made a great Miles. Why are people acting like there's some shortage of good looking black kids who can act?

Last edited:
Bruh I started a war :rofl:

As it stands, they should have either figured out how to shoehorn Garfield's character into the MCU or just flipped the chessboard and casted Miles

That kid from Dope would have made a great Miles. Why are people acting like there's some shortage of good looking black kids who can act?

Won't lie. When he cut his hair at the end of the film (And Lord knows he needed to) I thought the same thing.

Chris Evans on Extending His Marvel Contract: “If They Want Me, They Got Me”

Listen, if Marvel wants me they got me. I’ve never had such a relationship where you have such—I mean look at my resume, I’m used to being on set being like, ‘Ah is this movie gonna be terrible?’ Marvel just can’t stop making great movies, they do it in their sleep. It’s wonderful directors and producers and actors and scripts, and it’s like a playground as an actor
It’s so mind-boggling that I was so tentative in the beginning to jump onboard. What an ******* I would be if I hadn’t done this. I mean can you imagine? Kicking myself—I’d never forgive myself!”
http://collider.com/chris-evans-eager-to-extend-marvel-contract-past-avengers-4/

:pimp:

Got Hartnet bawlin in his sleep.

Back
Top Bottom