WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Exactly the obvious, many are offended with the "meow" and being compared to housewives.

There are also those reaching on why he is behind two white characters.

Some might find some feminist issue there somewhere too if you dig deep enough. :lol:

Last edited:
I can get people being mad at the Meow but I figure the Housewife comment was just to appeal to the normal reader of EW

People get offended over everything these days but that was definitely terribly written.

I mean by featuring the heroes in their cover, they're obviously trying to sell to comic book fans and those who already buy EW, do they even need to give a terrible joke to get them to buy their mags?

You're confused.

Being an inexperienced hero is not the same thing as being an inexperienced fighter.

The majority of Black Panthers are the best warriors in the world.

All that article hinted at is BP might struggle with what it means to be a hero. Not getting beat up. It'll be stuff like should I just kill this guy or arrest him and make him face justice? Is killing him as easily as I can right now justice?

The key thing said in all that was BP is not necessarily looking for the same things Stark or Cap is. Cap wants to protect him and I assume prove he was brainwashed during Bucky's assassination missions while Stark wants him to pay for his crimes. I assume BP depending on the beef he has may say **** both of that and just try to haul Bucky back to Wakanda where he'll never be seen again.
That's funny cuz assuming that is a #NTextreme

Like what about this movie or Boseman or Black Panther says goofy? or fake? Especially when it comes to how he talks?

90% of movies where a dude who isn't African puts on an African accent.

Just saying I don't want Coming to America or Will Smith in concussion. That's all :wink:

I never said anything about BP not being the star of the show or Boseman knocking the character out of the park. I'm just worried about his accent, bruh.

Last edited:
There's a lot to the complaints.

Read the covers of the other comic book movie mag covers for EW. They all seemed geared towards comic book fans or movie fans.

Then this one has meow and talking about Housewives envying his claws? The ****? :smh:

Just saw the cover. I don't have a problem with him standing behind Cap and Tony. The movie is focused on them and BP is in an ancillary role. However, the "meow" is ridiculous and the housewife comparison even worse. It's not in my nature to reach for isht to be angry about but I can see the angles here and it's not cute. Black Panther is a powerful symbol in and outside of the Marvel Universe and the kinda debased him in a not so subtly effeminate way smh.

Yea that meow is corny and so is the line. At least he has his mask on. Shoulda left the mask on Cap and Iron Man too. We already know what they look like!

EW has details on the Airport "splash page" fight scene
On this already broiling July morning in Fayetteville, Georgia, Evans is sweating through his Cap mask as he shoots the Splash Page — this culmination of the conflict over the accords.

He’s standing at the end of a flat expanse of asphalt, ringed with two-story green tarps that will allow special-effects artists to transform this Pinewood Studios parking lot into a tarmac at Leipzig/Halle International Airport.

Sebastian Stan’s Winter Soldier, Steve Rogers’ long-lost friend and principle foe in the last Cap movie, is standing at his left.

“Had Bucky not been brainwashed he’d be doing the same thing Cap is doing, taking orders from S.H.I.E.L.D. and fighting for the country and then realizing S.H.I.E.L.D. is corrupt,” Evans says. “But Bucky’s a different situation. He obviously couldn’t make these choices. This is — I don’t want to give too much about the plot away but Bucky’s a big piece of the puzzle in this movie just because it gives Steve something that he really hasn’t had besides Peggy, but even Peggy is well on in her life.

That would be Peggy Carter, known as Agent Carter to fans of the ABC television series, which chronicles the life of Hayley Atwell’s character as a covert agent in post-World War II America. In The Winter Soldier, Rogers visits with his old flame, who at that point was a frail, elderly woman struggling with dementia at the end of a long, daring life. Apart from Peggy, Rogers only has one connection left to his old self.

“No one on this planet knew him then. No one is left,” Evans says. “He doesn’t have any peace with his youth. He doesn’t have any peace from his life, so Bucky and whatever happens with Bucky in this movie…” Evans trails off. “That’s a big piece in terms of him kind of finding his own purpose in what he’s fighting for and how that friendship can come back to life. Not just them as soldiers, but them as friends.”

There are other familiar heroes aligned alongside Cap and Bucky: Anthony Mackie’s Falcon, Paul Rudd’s Ant-Man (although today it’s a stunt double in the mask), Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch, and Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye.

Leading the opposite side is… nobody. Iron Man and Don Cheadle’s War Machine will be flying toward them, so they’ll be added digitally later. But an equally impressive team of iconic characters is arrayed alongside him, preparing to face down Cap and Co.: Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow and Black Panther (also a stunt double) among them.

Directors Joe and Anthony Russo yell action — and that’s what’s unleashed. The good-guys charge each other in a savage beat-down.

“The story is about family. And what happens if they don’t agree,” says Joe Russo, who directed the previous Cap film, The Winter Soldier, with his brother. “We’ve been comparing it to a fight at a wedding. What happens when your cousin and your brother go at it, and whose side are you on, and where does it go from there?”

“How do you move forward from a moment where people who used to love each other and were on the same side, now hate each other and are trying to hurt each other?” Anthony Russo adds. “[Cap is] such a strong, grounded, morally centered, ethically centered character. You can beat at him pretty hard as a hero, to try to crack that strength — both morally and physically.”

Iron Man definitely tries.

While Black Widow gives an all-out thrashing to Ant-Man, Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch blast away at the sky — him with his trusty bow and arrows, her with her mystical red energy pulses. They’re trying to knock some unseen threat out of the air. (It’s hard to tell which visual effect they’re imagining.)

It’s definitely not Iron Man. He’s flying low and locked onto another target: Captain America. Evans raises his shield, slings an upper cut through the air, and gets in one more hit against his invisible foe before he’s almost taken out in real life.

The main camera is on a crane, and it swoops down on the battle scene — following Iron Man’s descent — until it’s right in Evans’s face. The actor has to dive out of the way at the last second to avoid being clobbered.

After a few more takes, Evans comes over to the video screens to check out the shot, laughing at the fact that each one ends with an extreme close-up of his panicked face, dodging the camera. “I can’t keep throwing punches when that’s so close,” he says. The Russos come up with a solution: Go ahead and drop back.

The shot will end with Iron Man knocking Captain America to his knees.

But he’s not going to stay there.

#TEAMCAP

Last edited:
Marvel's Thor: Ragnarok will get a fresh pair of eyes on it, as THR reports that Stephany Folsom (1969: A Space Odyssey or How Kubrick Learned to Stop Worrying and Land on the Moon, The Princess of North Sudan) has been tasked with working on the current script from Christopher Yost and Craig Kyle.

How many handovers and changes is Marvel gonna put this movie through :lol:

They're clearly working their hardest to not make it suck as hard as the last two

I still think they need to hype BP up a bit. I think his movie needs a serious tone honestly.

Antman got away with no hype because it was a family movie. IMO

If BP doesn't wash everyone in CW, I'm gonna be very disappointed.
I'm a big fan but he's not that powerful.

If he takes out Vision and Scarlet Witch it'll have to bit with a computer virus and an elephant tranq from a mile away.

Seems like he's going to wash Bucky.

He's not touching Cap.

I still feel like if he fights Spidey, Spidey is going to wash him. :lol: My feeling is that prior to this fight, BP will probably have washed a good amount of people in the film, so that by the time Spidey washes him, people will go :wow:

Last edited:

Well you need to be somewhat realistic with yourself though. Black Panther is dope and he honestly could take a good portion of the heroes appearing in Civil War, but he's not washing all of them in one film. :lol:

He's not touching Cap.

I still feel like if he fights Spidey, he's going to get washed :lol:

You're confused friend.

View media item 1812091

Last edited:

He's not touching Cap.

I still feel like if he fights Spidey, Spidey is going to wash him. :lol: My feeling is that prior to this fight, BP will probably have washed a good amount of people in the film, so that by the time Spidey washes him, people will go :wow:

Iron Spidey :nerd: ?????

Back
Top Bottom