WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Y'all getting Batman, Civil War, Tarzan???

My theater got some cartoon trailer about a bunny being a cop and another cartoon movie based on pets when the owners are not around.

Our SW showing had the trailer that was released already

+ warcraft, bat/super, jungle book, x-men, gods of egypt

damn in hindsight we sat through a lot of trailers :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah so at my second viewing of Star Wars at a regular *** non 3D theater, I got the CW trailer.

The girl I was with said "oh is this Avengers?" And "Who's that?" when I pointed out Bucky.

So something tells me CW isn't exactly on the radar :smh:

Yea, definitely flying under the radar a bit.

People were talking a bit during the Bucky/Cap conversation and I didn't sense the theater quieting down until after they showed the Marvel logo.

I could tell the people on my right don't really follow comics all that much.

'Oh, that's Captain America.'

'Oh wait, that's Iron Man'

'Another Avengers movie? Wait why are they fighting each other?'

'Civil War? Why is there a Civil War?'

Zootopia trailer definitely won a lot of people before the actual film got rolling.

I know this is a social commentary on the dmv but in my experience, the dmv is stupid fast. In and out in 15 minutes for anything I want to do lol.

not in SoCal :lol:

last time I was there, even with an 11:30am appointment, I didn't get everything sorted out til close to 2pm

So Civil War is under promoting. I'm guessing when IW comes around they will hit the sweet spot with promoting.

My theater showed Jungle Book, ID4 sequel, Kung Fu Panda 3, The Finest Hour & The Secret Life of Pets

To be fair CW is like 6 months away. There aren't even much products out there yet, trust me, next year you won't be able to get away from their marketing.

Honestly, attaching the trailer to SW is probably a big enough and smartest move with the amount of people seeing that film and it probably doesn't cost them much at all.

They already got people who wasn't aware talking and likely googling it once they got home after seeing SW so mission accomplished.

But the trailer wasn't even that hot. X-Men, BvS, Jungle Book, Kung fu Panda, etc all got much better reactions.

The reactions to CW were basically "oh ok" :lol:

Yah but the main goal was to get the word out and have people talk about it, which succeeded I think.

And I think it might depend on your theater too, mine liked it and clapped at the end and "ooohhheedd" and "ahhhhddd" in the tag team scene.

The trailer is also well received and well liked online so I wouldn't go as far as say that the trailer was mediocre or worse.

marvel made bank off of the antman and GOTG.. I think they'll be ok with CW

didn't the trailer break some sort of record for views, which was previously set by AOU?

I think Disney/marvel got these things figured out.. if only fox and DC could both get their acts together

Trailer reaction from fans don't matter now. Not for Marvel anymore.

They'll be fine next year. We're literally talking 6 months from now :lol:

They'll be so much hype by next year you'll be wondering why yall made these dumb posts now.

Last edited:
But the trailer wasn't even that hot. X-Men, BvS, Jungle Book, Kung fu Panda, etc all got much better reactions.

The reactions to CW were basically "oh ok" :lol:

Biggest reaction was Zootopia for me.

I guess America hates the DMV :lol:

I had XMen, CW, Independence Day, the 5th Wave, Zootopia..maybe one more movie but I forget.

Who still goes to the DMV? Haven't been since I actually got my license 5 years ago. I get my renewed license mailed to me.

After 10 or 15 years you have to go back and retake your pic. That isn't optional here in CA, not sure about other states.

There are a lot of people still paying their registration in there too, you'd be surprised how many do not have either a bank account or internet to process these things.

Last edited:
I had to drive my dad to the dmv 2 weeks ago. We didn't go to our local one which is always packed and you have to pay for parking. Went to the next closest one which is way nicer, with less people and free parking. Only had to wait 20-30 minutes.

Had to renew my license last year. Just did it through the mail and decided to keep my old pic which was a pic of when I was 16 and had my eye doctor fill out the eye test and mailed that out too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom